Top 10 Worst Offseason Moves, Jets are no. 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ace_o_spades, Jun 1, 2009.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

[​IMG]

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

How the hell... Cowher DIDN'T want to coach, is that so hard to understand?

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

your entire post is wrong. im not going to bother finding the quotes from woody, but your just wrong.

as far as the sanchez and rex things goes your a hypocrite. anyone who has them as saviors are just as bad as you bashing them or saying they won't work out. nobody knows whats going to happen. usually fans of a team hope for the best, but to each his own.

p.s. please do not respond by saying how much you hope your wrong, but you just can't bring yourself to have any hope. the old beaten down jet fan thing that all the downers on this board have is really old and boring.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

actually i may be completely wrong. but i do remember being on this board and people bitching about how could woody be on vacation instead of dealing with cowher himself. i may also be wrong about the fact he said he wanted to talk and then didnt want to. i even said i didnt remember for sure. there was alot of bullshit going around at that time.

however the big thing about it is that 85% of the posters on this board for a month were saying it was COWHER OR BUST, we MUST GET COWHER and a million other things about cowher coming here.

i would be a hypocrite if i was wrong, but the fact of the matter is that many, even to the point of most people on here have gone so head over heels for these two guys that they have forgotten what they wanted 6 months ago.

i actually like rex ryan and think he very well may do extremely well here. i do not like jock riders who think he can do no wrong before he has ever done any right. those that are putting him in the coaching hall of fame and saying he is a better coach than cowher are the people i am talking about. and i DONT like cowher that much. but he has proven to be a winner in the league. rex has not.

i dont really want snachez to do bad, i would rather clemens did better and snachez went away after this year but thats not about him or the team doing badly. i just happen to think he is completely over rated and will end up being no better than mediocre. and we just invested 30+ million in a guy who will never end up being anything.

2 years in a row and counting as of right now in my eyes.

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'd chalk that up to the fact that Woody makes it very easy for us to hate him.

6. solidd36

solidd36 New Member

What a terrible article.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Cowher was the guy I wanted, but he wasn't available. What am I supposed to do throw a tantrum about what a terrible move the Jets didn't make when it wasn't available to them?

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

How could we sign him ? He didn't want to come out of retirement. His fuckin loss.

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I wonder what else Florio has shat out in this vein?

"The worst move of the 2007 season was the Washington Redskins not holding on to Sean Taylor. Snyder has a lot of explaining to do."

10. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

I agree 100% .... Sorry but IMHO Ryan will be better than Cower would have ever thought about being with the JETS ... Ryan in his limited time has made what seem to be the right moves ( at least on paper ... We'll let the next few seasons dictate as to if they were the right moves ) and he has said the right things ... Cower was no winner to start, let's let Ryan have a few seasons to prove that HE IS THE MAN for the JETS ....

11. magoo

magoo Banned

Why would he even include Cower in the item is beyond me. He will most likely stay announcing or maybe go to Cleveland.

12. Jam.

Jam. Banned

If we hadn't asked Cowher, then this would make sense...otherwise, what an idiot.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We don't know how good Rex is gonna be, but Cowher did not want to coach so how do you criticize a team? God, this is lame

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I actually think the worst offseason move we made was not trading TJ for Adrian Peterson and Clowney for Fitzgerald... oh well...

15. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Oof! That's cold, Badger, ice cold. :smile:

In response to the "how could you vaca, Woody?" sentiment, I, too, was displeased that Woody was on vacation instead of kicking Cowher's tires. But, I think hindsight has shown us that Woody wanted Rex Ryan all along and didn't feel compelled to woo The Chin just for appearance's sake.

The criticism is totally moot, since no team signed Cowher. If we got buffaloed by the Bills and had to meet him twice a year, that might be a different story.

16. JetsFanInVB

JetsFanInVB New Member

Why do writers like this have jobs? Shouldn't they be the first to go in a bad economy?

17. Irv

Irv Member

The new #1 worst offseason move was Florio writing this article.

18. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Hey, half the board was all over that when Denver wouldn't even let us speak to them about Cutler :wink:

19. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I think you said it best about Ryan being hungry to prove himself given that this is his first HC job. Plus, what track record does Cowher have w/the draft that allows him to be granted GM status without question?

20. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Sorry -- double post