Tom Brady likely knew of 'Deflategate' activities, report says

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsVilma28, May 6, 2015.

1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Didn't Vilma get an entire season?

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He was suspended for a full season but it was overturned, then reinstated, then overturned. I think he was hurt and missed some games while he was on the PUP, but ultimately he played that season.

_

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Didn't he get like half a season or something? To me this is far worse. This is a blatant attempt to cheat, and yes it does give a competitive edge. A softer ball is easier to catch....especially in the cold.

4. JStokes

Yeah, and he was never involved. Tags overturned his suspension so he never lost a paycheck and played once he was healthy.

This is worse (i) because it was actual cheating and not an attempt to injure and (ii) Brady was involved while Vilma wasn't.

_

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Running backs have uncanny ball carrying skill while playing with the Pats:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/patriots-always-keep-a-tight-grip-on-the-ball-1422054846

Beginning in the 2010 season, Patriots players have fumbled (whether lost or recovered) once every 73 touches from scrimmage, which is 52% better than the league average. The next best team is the Ravens, who have fumbled once every 55 touches.

Ben Had likes this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He played 11 in 2012.

Oh this is the very definition of cheating. I don't know how anybody can sit and say its no big deal. They may not have gone to the Superbowl if they didn't cheat. Why the hell did the nfl let them play with the deflated balls in the AFC championship game?

Its funny, I checked the box score again for tha 10/16/14 game. It looks like Brady played well but I remember he didn't and the Jets should have won that game. I think he had like one blown coverage TD to vareen and another screen that vareen ran in. So 2 of his 3 touchdowns were not really his doing. He looked dead in the water for the longest. Suddenly you see messages about how he wanted more air out of the ball?????? Come on how is that not a competitive advantage?

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Garafallos big chance means Brady avoids being drilled into the ground by the Jet and Buffalo D

Gronk should be put down on his bonehead for his arrogance

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Brady will get his drilling, and not just by AFC East.
    This is the offense against which all players and fans will unite. (Minus Cheats and Junc, of course)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Brady's sister went on national TV Super Bowl week doing her unconvincing boo hoos and declaring his innocence. But I don't see them clobbering Brady with a big suspension. But I'd love for them to fine him a million bucks.

10. Charlie Kelly

Brady was named specifically. That dude is getting at least 4 games.

11. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

They are going to have something more conclusive than "probably" to nail a player. More likely they will nuke the team, as teams have no recourse against the league. Just like Spygate. I think Kraft's statement today pretty much indicated he knows he's going to get spanked hard and can do absolutely nothing about it.

12. Charlie Kelly

That's just what you wish, and you will be wrong. And you'll be crying about it.

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

So is what they're saying is that an Asst Equipment Mgr and this other low level guy McNally were on their own deflating footballs with the higher ups knowing nothing about it. Except maybe Brady. Almost impossible to believe.

#93 pclfan, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They have probably been doing this since 2006 when Brady went to the league, with Manning, to have them change the rule allowing visiting teams to supply their own balls. Check the Pats fumbles per game from 2006 to present and compare it 2000-2006. Also look at Brady's INT's, first 5 years 13.2 INT per year, 2006 forward 9.625 per year. Granted many other things come into play but this is too much of a coincidence.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  15. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Yes it correlates with the ball changes lobbied by Tom, McNally has been there for,20 yrs. he admitted he always goes to that bathroom on way,to the field with the balls.

I'm in agreement with the fumbling analysis. The math fits

16. JStokes

I was taught to never believe in coincidences.

_

17. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nfls-deflategate-report-disaster-tom-222506038.html

18. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

19. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

the actual report details has all the lying and coverup from the interviews and the phone records. These guys were doing this for a long time, their vague reaching answers indicate deceipt. Death Penalty.

20. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I think it's now been proven that the Pats have a culture of bending and breaking any rule that they think they can get away with. I think deflating the football is a minor offense but in the context of a team who has been caught cheating several times before they deserve a very stiff penalty. They have not learned from the past and the NFL should protect the reputation of the League.