Tom Brady likely knew of 'Deflategate' activities, report says

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsVilma28, May 6, 2015.

1. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

MarkMaske @MarkMaske

Fine for Patriots, loss of draft pick, possible discipline of Brady are "all under consideration," source says. Decisions are "coming soon."

2. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  3. Charlie Kelly

Yeah this is exactly why they waited until after the draft to release the report

4. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

more from the McNalligans.... :)

This lead up to the text messages between the EQ guys.

"
    Based on videotape evidence and witness interviews, it has been determined that McNally removed the game balls from the Officials Locker Room at approximately 6:30 p.m. After leaving the Officials Locker Room carrying two large bags of game balls (Patriots balls and Colts balls), McNally turned left and then turned left again to walk down a corridor referred to by Patriots personnel as the “center tunnel heading to the playing field. At the end of the center tunnel on the left -hand side, approximately three feet from the doors that lead to the playing field, is a bathroom. McNally entered that bathroom with the game balls, locked the door, and remained in the bathroom with the game balls for approximately one minute and forty seconds. He then left the bathroom and took the bags of game balls to the field.

In the weeks and months before the AFC Championship Game, McNally periodically exchanged text messages with the Patriots equipment assistant primarily responsible for the preparation of the Patriots game balls, John Jastremski. In a number of those text messages, McNally and Jastremski discussed the air pressure of Patriots game balls, Tom Brady‟s unhappiness with the inflation level of Patriots game balls, Jastremski‟s plan to provide McNally with a “needle” for use by McNally, and McNally‟s requests for cash and sneakers together with the “needle” to be provided by Jastremski .

A sports ball inflation needle is a device that can be used to inflate a football (if attached to an air pump) or release air from a football (if inserted alone into a ball).

For example, on October 17, 2014, following a Thursday night game between the Patriots and the New York Jets during which Tom Brady complained angrily about the inflation level of the game balls, McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following text messages:"

5. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

This makes sense why the Patriots did not resign any CBs or draft any. They stocked up in the draft on defensive and offensive players as they were probably tipped off by the league that Brady is out either for the year or a substantial portion of the season. No sense in wasting picks when they will be rolling Garofalo out every week.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yup... wait until the punishment won't be immediate and give them time to prepare for it.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The punishment won't be worse than what Greg Hardy got. 0-4 games. More likely a fine.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What Hardy did had nothing to do with undermining the integrity of the game. Really this is worse than Spygate and they got away with a slap on the wrist for that too.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Charlie Kelly

I'm curious as to why you decided to choose Greg Hardy as your example instead of anyone else, like maybe Ray Rice or Adrian Peterson

10. xxedge72x

No it didn't, but the NFL is very sensitive to perception right now. If Brady gets worse than Hardy, it will be perceived by many as valuing the games integrity more than domestic violence.

11. xxedge72x

Most recent decision.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Transcript of this weekend at the Draft between Roger and Wells...

Wells: Hey Roger

Goodell: Oh Hi Ted, what are you doing in Chicago? Attending the Draft, bud?

Wells: No Roger, I've got some news on our report. I need to release this to the public.

Goodell: I know, I know Ted...Did you consider my thoughts on adding the word "probable" before your claims?

Wells: Well you see...

Goodell: I know I know, but do me a solid there. It will be the same thing. *Phone rings*...Hang tight, I have Mr. Kraft calling me about brunch on Sunday.

A few moments later...

Wells: Listen, can we drop this report now? I'll add the "probable". I'm getting 20 calls every day from the media about this. I've got a headache.

Goodell: Sure, sure, but do me a solid. Can you release it next week once we wrap up the Draft? I'll totally make it up to you.

Wells: Well...

Goodell: Do me a solid Ted, enjoy the weekend in Chicago. It's all on us, expense it on whatever you want... Look I gotta go, Mr. Kraft wanted me to pick a place for our brunch this Sunday and he told me to call him back in 5 minutes. If I don't he starts to send me angry emoji's every minute. Talk later Ted.

Wells: Okay.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. Charlie Kelly

That makes zero sense to me.

14. xxedge72x

It makes zero sense to me that it makes zero sense to you.

15. Charlie Kelly

That would be a great transcript except his name is Ted Wells

Poeman likes this.
  16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Fixed...I was just winging it with my response...I guess in my anger of Tom Brady I confused the two :p

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

ok, but the Patriots are repeat offenders and Hardy wasn't.

18. Charlie Kelly

19. xxedge72x

I'm assuming the NFL will have a very short memory when making this decision.

20. Charlie Kelly

So is Brady now going to be suspended for 10 games?