Tom Brady is Hurt. Discuss it, and its Jets impact here. MERGED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Sep 7, 2008.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

No one, at least Jet fans that I know, wanted to see Brady hurt. But after the Golden Boy career, it is nice to see him face some adversity, especially after Belly (and Brady, who was as involved as anyone on the Pats in Spygate), did their best to avoid having to face real adversity in the form of honest competition on the field.

2. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

I hear this argument a lot. In principle, your probably right, it's not really the most classy thing to wish injury upon anybody. But if you expecting us to show any sympathy for him, then your barking up the wrong tree my man. Injuries are a part of football. Gotta live with what happens.

And no, football is not a "game". A game is a high school game, or a Pop Warner. These men are multi-millionaires, and there is much more at stake then just pride and wins and losses. Call it a bleak look, but its reality.

And please, fans from the Boston area are some of the worst of the worst when it comes to taking sports loyaties too far, so i'd be careful about throwing around the word classless. Just because you have cape houses and drink sam adams doesn't give you class.:shit:

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

And BTW, I would be happier to hear that Belly has a chronic bleeding ulcer and needed to stop coaching than Brady blew out his knee.

I hope Belly sleeps like sh1t tonight.

4. Zippy

Zippy New Member

Wonder how this will affect his career? Is this career-ending?

5. cassie96

cassie96 Member

NBC said it will def be Favre/Cassel next week.....GO JETS!!!!

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The door is open...............

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm predicting 3 picks by cassel with atleast one being a pick 6.

8. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

And all the money involved effects you how? Yes, games are harder and more expensive to watch in person than H.S and Pop Warner games, but to the average fan the NFL has about the same relevance to their life.

9. Bill Belicheat

Bill Belicheat New Member

Even Without Brady, The Patriots Are A Good Team...but I Know We Can And Will Beat Them.

10. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I cant say i am upset at hearing this news---um....nope, not upset in the least.

Giselle will take care of tommy, he doesnt care what i think anyway.

11. cassie96

cassie96 Member

That is what the press keeps saying....the JETS and Favre came out smokin' today!!!

Even in the pre-season the pats could NOT get it together, and they were not really strong today. The coach's belly is probably bleeding, and Cassel has pressure beyond imagination.

12. SoxPride

SoxPride New Member

To the PLAYERS, football is a business, to "US" it is a GAME.
    As in, "We'll be watching the game this afternoon so why don't you go shopping?"

And what makes you think I am in New England? Just because I root for the Sox and Pats? I am far, far from NE.

I didn't call you "classless"-- I called people who'd rejoiced in a football players' injury classless.
    Because it is, in fact, classless.
    If I came here on a night when Favre was injured and celebrated, would you think I had an iota of class? I highly doubt it.

Oh and that idi0t from Tampa who accused New England fans of calling Pennington "Noodle Arm"? That was a term that came from you NY'ers - not us.
    I seem to recall Pennington having to defend himself numerous times in the NY newspapers. He did well to land on his feet in Miami. It was a win-win for him and the Jets & Miami.

13. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

Hmm... let's see... you ever hear of PSL's, the outrageous price of tickets and licensed merchandise, or what directTV want's me to pay a year to watch my team if I don't live in NY?

I understand your point, and it's a good one, but trying to knock the discussion down to a simple metaphor about it just being a game is over-simplified IMO. Too many people have too many vested interests emotionally and financially to call it just a "game".

14. Traveling

Traveling New Member

I am keeping my expectations low. One game at a time. Sure, it helps not having Brady as the Pats QB, but you still have to play the game. I never thought that the Bears would put up 29 points on the Colts and win the game tonight. Many didn't think that Carolina would beat the Chargers either. All I am saying is that the Jets can't let themselves relax just because Brady isn't there.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i don't think it's classless unless people are actually hoping he gets injured. we're not classless because we're not sympathizing; he's one of the luckiest guys on Earth, and today he finally ran into some misfortune. it was bound to happen.

now, if people are laughing at him while he's down, rejoicing that the guy's knee got shredded - and some people here are - then yeah, that's just poor sportsmanship.

i'll admit, when he went down, i wasn't happy that he got injured; but i knew the Jets now would have a much better opportunity to win if the Pats were without Brady, and i was/am happy about that. i think that's pretty much the general train of thought for most of us here, not joy from someone's misfortune.

#215 The Uniform Bomber, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  16. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

1) Where do you expect me to think your from when your name is "SoxPride" and your talking about the Patriots?

2) Read my post above regarding it being just a game. I agree with you sort of, but not at an advanced level.

3) I don't put much stock into anything anyone says over the internet. If you didn't yet realize, it's all anonymous. Have you ever read the vile shit people write on the internet, or youtube? Horrible statements that they know they wont be held accountable for. So, my advice to you is don't waste your sunday night trying to put those people down or change it. Cuz it's not. It might be classless, but truthfully your just coming off as a depressed fan looking to vent at a bunch of rival fans... I don't blame you, but it's probably just going to make you more depressed. Go have a beer, fuck your girl and call it night.

17. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Do I feel bad for Tom Brady? Not in the least.

Am I still scared of the Patriots? Fuck yes.

18. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

I think 'rooting' for someone to get injured is a bit much. Every week of the far-too-short NFL season I root for the Jets to win and for the Pats to lose to a) give us some outside hope of maybe, someday winning a division title and b) because they're a rival a no fan likes to see their rival team win all the time. I'm a Man United fan and I really do hope that Liverpool's best two players don't recover in time for that matchup on saturday because it gives United a better chance to win. It's the same with Brady. Most Jets fans don't think 'someone injure Brady' whilst watching the Pats. But its unfair to blame us for not wanting Brady to return. His absence gives us a better chance to win that's the simple reality. Whether it legitimately changes the Jets fortunes is yet to be decided on the field but of course we'd rather face Cassel - and rather have him face the rest of the league. Injuries are a part of the game and Brady's 127 game streak-ending injury (if it is to be that) is a shame for the league and for neutral fans I suppose but to ask Jet fans to wish a speedy return is underestimating how much the fans want success.

19. SoxPride

SoxPride New Member

How can you say that?
    Because that's what you want to believe?
    Truth is, I've always respected Pennington and never once felt "happy" or otherwise joyful when he was injured.

In fact, I was pretty upset with the way NYers trashed him when Favre was signed and he was let go. Suddenly, he became "the guy who couldn't throw beyond 20 yards" and of course, "Noodle Arm." (I listen to Sirius NFL Radio all year round.)

When he signed with Miami, I was glad to hear he'd still be around to watch and more so that he'd be in the same division.

Like the Sox vs. Yanks, there's a strong Pats/Jets rivalry. But I wouldn't wish injury on any NY team. I can understand that the loss of Brady takes a lot of pressure off the Jets.
    But rejoice that and not that the guy had a knee blown out.

Who remembers how PO'd everyone got when the Steelers blew-out Carson Palmer's knee in '05 (or was it '06?). It ruined what would have been a great playoff game!

And if Giselle is tending to brady's knee right now, well good on him!:smile:
    We should all be so freakin' lucky!

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

How many people were excited when Bledsoe got crushed by Mo Lewis, and they had to put in some 6th rd draft pick? :shit: