Todd Bowles: Possible Next Jets HC/ Second Interview before AtL's Second .

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think damned near everyone we've interviewed either has a Jersey connection or a Jets connection.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Bowles is interesting. I preferred Quinn but clearly Bowles has created a top defense in Arizona. They even performed at a high level with so many injuries in 2014. I would mind passing on Bowles, then a team like Denver steal Quinn and the Jets end up with some random candidate. If the new GM likes Bowles, I would be fine with the hire.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Cards fans talking about Jets & Bowles

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I read on the cardinals forum that TB wants the Falcons job per sources of one of their reporters, better qb situation.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, seems like Quinn or Bowles being the final 2 candidates is a nice job by the search committee. Question is will the Jets end up with either?

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It's the answer we are all waiting on...Give us Super Bowles or Stone Cold Dan Quinn

74 likes this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Wow. Those quotes posted above make me feel really good about this.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Gailey is actually very creative offensively. I would be concerned about his age, aging out of the game, but I like his system & creativity. He wouldn't be a terrible hire.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

OK, so I bought into the Quinn sweepstakes, but I'm warming up to the idea of Bowles, a coach that gets the job done with the talent available, no excuses, and leads with a quiet but intense style. He clearly shows an aggressive D style which I also like, so hopefully he brings the same attitude towards the offensive side. Either one could be a great asset, I just don't want to miss on both.

I would kill if they can also capture Kyle Shanahan as OC and either Schwartz or Dick LeBeau for DC. We could be in fat city with three leaders that IMHO will demand the best out of their players and will have them ready to go every week. How about having these two assets to support Bowles or Quinn on our sideline ?

As much as I liked Rex when he was with us, the time has come for a major change in focus. Significantly improve our draft, support it via free agency in critical areas, maintain a long term plan for continuing success, and for God sakes stop thinking and talking about how good we could be, until we can consistently show it on the field where it really matters.

Of course the media will once again shit bricks because they can't get the needed quota of inflammatory statements they have become accustomed to. So I guess they can go to Buffalo now for incendiary news. Hope Metha becomes a platinum frequent flyer between JFK and Buffalo.

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

If they like Bowles, I'd really try to grab him now. Hate the idea of losing good coordinators if Quinn/Bowles is a close choice in their mind. I also like what I'm hearing and reading about Bowles.
    I could just see the Jets getting screwed if they wait on Quinn.

12. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

TNJet likes this.
  13. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Hopefully this is a lesson to the NFL that it should allow teams and candidates to get jobs during the week off before the SB if a hot candidate is apart of one of those two teams. It can really screw candidates over like what Dan Quinn is seeing.

14. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

True. Quinn did have the advantage of the bye week to talk to other teams, coaches from the other play-off teams without the bye, did not have that opportunity.

A HC draft. <<<That's the answer.

15. BroadwayAaron

The numbers for his offenses in Miami and KC are less than flattering. Good running games, dogshit passing games. Those Miami teams got by on dominant defense. That was also 15 years ago... something tells me he hasn't exactly changed with the times.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Yeah that's another thing.

The DC/OC candidate can still coach the super bowl but they should be allowed to sign on with a team so they aren't screwed over and the teams that want em aren't either. Its something that needs to be addressed by the NFL.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

something tells me since you are always dead ass wrong in your assessments of quality football people, you probably are wrong again..

Bellows1, TNJet and 74 like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

How ironic...

Not only ironic, but confusing considering all the information is at your disposal. It's not like I made up something. I'm talking about what actually happened.

19. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I prefer Quinn to Bowles but it'd be naïve to pass up TB with Quinn's situation lingering in Seattle. I'm just glad the Jets brass is doing this right way and continuing to interview and not waiting for Quinn to be available to sign. Could you imagine if this brass passed up on everyone for Quinn and come the day after the Super Bowl he decides he wants to stay put?

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

"something tells me he hasn't changed with the times" is such a fact.