Todd Bowles: Possible Next Jets HC/ Second Interview before AtL's Second .

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Chan Gailey?!?!

2. RichardCaster

RichardCaster Active Member

You guys are amazing. Gailey is a fine OC. Has been for years. He's not a HC. Its almost unbearable here.
    Just what Bowles needs. An experienced OC, has been an HC, with great reputation as an OC.
    Think older version of Norv, Kubiak, etc

FJF and Poeman like this.
  3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Would've rather had Quinn if we could've chose between the two but it doesn't work that way. I'm still very very happy with Bowles and who knows he may be better anyway. Personally I'd rather take someone other than Gailey as OC but ill let it play out.

4. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

He may be experienced years wise but he's been out of the game for 3 years. That is cause for concern.

5. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

I thought he was out of the game for 2 years, are we liberally adding years to bolster our arguments now?

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Chan Gailey being out of the game the past 2 years is very concerning to me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Charlie Kelly

It should be concerning to everyone. Not only has he been out of football for two seasons, but before the Bills hired him, he was out of football the season before.

Have to wonder how committed he is to the job.

8. Charlie Kelly

Not that I'm against Bowles our anything but this whole situation stinks like Wood Johnson panic move.

He was scared that he'd miss out on Quinn and took the "second best" option in the minds of his advisors. Bowles better work out or Wood may just self flagellate his tiny white dink off.

9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Really? Everyone was in panic mode. They had 2 guys they liked, they hired the one they liked the best. Not waiting for another 3 weeks for a guy who may not be available is not panicking, it's a pretty solid management move.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  10. Charlie Kelly

Prove they hired the one they liked best and not the one they could hire the day before Rex gave his welcome press conference.

11. Bellows1

...They hired him, they liked him best. Did you marry the woman you liked best or just cause she was available?

Prove they didn't.

12. Charlie Kelly

That's not proof, it's hopeful conjecture. As far as marriage goes, keep fooling yourself.

13. Bellows1

If you're just looking for something to bitch about, Geno is still our QB, have at it. Beyond that you sound kinda whinny, save it for Metha.

14. Charlie Kelly

I'm not looking to bitch about anything, I am guessing at the true scenario, which is all any of us can do no matter how sure we want to be about the coach the Jets liked best. Wood has played the bridesmaid over and over since the day the Tuna hung up his six guns. From Belicheck to the badly suited Groh to Edwards who had never been a coordinator to Mangini who had been a ball boy ten years prior to Rex who got spurned by his previous team. All were backup plans.

Now we have a guy that has been a coordinator for a few years and used to play and has been an interim had coach. I'm not crapping on the hire, I'm just saying that I don't think he was the first choice, that I think the first choice is a guy that will be coaching in the Super Bowl and Wood panicked because he didn't want to be standing at the altar holding his little bouquet while Quinn waltzed off to Atlanta or Denver.

15. Bellows1

I hear ya. I'm just saying it's not a "panic" move if it is thought out ahead of time. We would all be pissed at Wood, if he did let it play out that way and we had no one to coach. Remember how everyone bitched about Idzik being slow and plodding when looking for FA?

We don't even know for sure that Quinn was a guy they were really interested in, so you can't say Bowles was a guy we "settled" on. They did one interview during the bye week, nothing was said about it after that, no one said "We have come to terms with Quinn, now we wait". I think it was a "shit or get off the pot" situation.

One could argue that Bowles has done pretty damn well, with much less talent than Quinn.

16. Charlie Kelly

I'm definitely more confident about the defensive coaching ability of Bowles over Quinn, what has me on edge is head coaching ability. Fingers and toes are crossed in that area.

17. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

Let's just say it, don't be scared this is unchartered waters for jets fans, but hey, they are doing a GOOD job so far.

18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I don't know how it will work out. I think Bowles is the guy but you never know. What I do like is that they made a decision and went after it. Last year, or in past years, Bowles is allowed to leave the meeting and go to Atlanta