Todd Bowles new Jets HC per Schefter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigGreenUgly, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

Would have loved an offensive minded HC, but it doesn't seem like there are many hot offensive minded HC candidates. Only names being thrown around are Gase and McDaniels.

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm not over the moon on the hire but we could have done a lot worse. I hope we end up with decent OC and DC because he's probably going to need some help.

I don't dislike either hire for GM or HC I just think neither are really experienced and worry that it might come back to bite us in the ass.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  3. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Did a lot more with a lot less? Rex went to two AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez under center. Not to mention the historically inept talent on Offense he had last year, and the junior varsity secondary he had this year.

How many playoff games have the Jets won in your lifetime, and how many of those were under Rex? I'll wait...

GoldenShowers likes this.
  4. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Took over a 4-9 dumpster fire and went 2-1 vs Jets, Pats, Bills.....3 pt loss to Pats in Foxboro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

6. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

Its a meh hire and if he brings Chan with him then it becomes a big question mark......Casserly that dope has.his fingerprints all over this

GoldenShowers likes this.
  7. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

He's been consistently inconsistent. I don't care what injuries your team has. a 24th ranked total defense is not the mark of some elite coordinator. It's terrible. Seattle missed Wagner and Chancellor for a while, and lost their pro bowl level NT for the season, and still are the tops in defense. Todd Bowel movements is a total joke hire.

Jets fans never learn. Guy is no better a hire than Mangini or Herm, and a worse hire than Rex was.

8. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Not near as great as Rex.

9. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Where's the real Mangolden Showers and not this pats fan fraud?

74 and Axel3419 like this.
  10. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

[​IMG]

TNJet likes this.
  11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

12. mikey

mikey Active Member

It's easy to predict failure in the nfl because it's so hard to be successful. Congratulations on that.

13. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Rex motivated the team. He couldn't really control them and the team had no discipline, but he motivated the guys. The problem was that Rex had no fucking clue about anything relating to offense and hired piss poor OC's who knew as much as he did. So, for this to mean anything, Bowles needs to bring in an OC with a fucking clue. a guy who in 2 years people will want to hire as a head coach somewhere. If we are getting another DC for coach and more shitty OC's and QB's, we might as well forfeit the next 3 years and try again in 2018.

14. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

The defensive mind argument is fuken stupid more goes into being a fuking head coach then being a defensive or offensive mind

Everyone who is,still on Rex dick needs to go root for buffalo the guy is gone deal with it

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Seattle has more depth on defense and has an offense that doesn't wear out a defense. It is tough comparing any team to how Seattle operates.

I don't think this is some slam dunk hire either but he isn't absolute trash.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Not sure why I see so much hate for Gailey. Dude could be a decent OC. He's not the sexy hire, but he's a solid football guy. He made Ryan Fitzpatrick relevant

MoWilkNYJ and almbleamal like this.
  17. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

FUCK ME NO!!!

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good. It's time for you to pick another team...and come back when we become winners.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I had my hopes on Quinn too but thats because all things pointed in his direction...However Bowles is just as impressive.

Do you all even remember the Cards LAST SEASON and THIS SEASON??? The only reason they were so amazing was because of that defense. Quinn has a great talent and he is more of a RAH RAH coach and Bowles has the more calmer demeanor who has ice in his veins from what I gather.

More importantly, he finds a way to work wonders with what he is given...He took Cards defense to Super Saiyan mode and has the same respect as the Quinn does..Also, with our luck we cannot wait for another 3 weeks for Quinn to potentially even be available.

No way can we risk it.

Axel3419 and LAJet like this.
  20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I just question if his offense is out of touch with what goes on in the game today.

rohirrim665 likes this.