TO to the ER; attemps suicide? - Merged X Many

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GreenMachine, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I guess he wasn't as egotistical as we thought. A suicide attempt when you have the world by the a$$ just shows how truly insecure and or depressed you are. I'm not a doctor but this sounds like Clinical Depression to me.
    Since we mortals are thinking he has a "charmed" life, there might be things going on in his personal life that he couldn't handle.

Get well TO. :sad:

2. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Wow people can't take a joke any more i see.

3. Denny

Denny Active Member

Mystery surrounds T.O. illness
    By CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
    Star-Telegram Staff Writer
    Chat live with Jennifer Floyd Engel at 12:30 today.
    Startle Grams: It's K.O. time for T.O.
    The narrative from the Dallas police report
    Philly.com blog
    T.O. timeline: A season of turmoil

DALLAS -- Did Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens try to commit suicide by taking as many as 35 prescription pain pills?

Or did a police report inaccurately classify a call to Owens' Dallas home as an attempted suicide?

On Wednesday morning, Owens' publicist vehemently denied that he intentionally tried to harm himself Tuesday night.

She attributed Owens' statement to officers that he was trying to harm himself to the fact that he was groggy from mixing pain pills with supplements.

Kim Etheridge, Owens' publicist, was described in the report as "a woman companion" who said she observed him putting two pills in his mouth."

A brief news conference by police did little to clarify the situation.

Lt. Rick Watson, a Dallas police spokesman, said police are conducting no investigation of the events at Owens' home.

He described it as "a medical situation" and said any further information would not come from police. He also indicated that the police report had been released prematurely.

He declined to answer questions or to verify the accuracy of the police report, although he did pass out redacted copies.

"This is a high-profile person," Watson said. "We looked into it and determined that there was not a criminal offense in this incident."

"We would do it the exact same way" no matter who was involved, he said.

Owens was being treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

Etheridge said he "is fine."

"He will be leaving the hospital today," she said.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on Sept. 18 and, until Tuesday, Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription. Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

Etheridge said she called 911 because Owens was groggy and lethargic.

She said he was in pain stemming from the fractured right hand, suffered against Washington two weeks ago.

He underwent surgery to have a plate and three pins placed in the hand last Monday.

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said at the time that Owens was having a bad reaction to the pain medication.

Etheridge said Owens experienced more pain and discomfort Tuesday.

He took some pain pills and did some "microcurrent" treatment.

She said he also took some supplements and "it kicked in a reaction."

"When I went to grab him, he was out of it," Etheridge said. "That's why I called 911."

Etheridge said Owens did not have his stomach pumped at the hospital and did not vomit.

Staff writer Bill Miller contributed to this report.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/15620551.htm

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Everyones ignoring him so he does a 'spectacular' , well it worked TO. We are all talking about you. But you're still an ass.

5. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I would love to know what drove T.O to this.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Another attempt at more media attention by this tool of the media. The guy knew exactly what he was doing, I don't believe for one minute this was an actual attempt at suicide.

7. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I fall in the same boat.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

his mother had him at 16.his father lived across the street but he never knew it.and he was raised by his grandma.

his first love was a girl from across the street which he was forbidden to see by his grandmother.she finally told him it was his sister.

he has had a very fucked up up bringing.

9. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

I know his publicist is just doing her job trying to play down this incident but c'mon.

So it was the suppliments he was taking that caused the problem not the THIRTY FIVE PAINKILLERS!?!?

10. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

:eek:hmy: Demons of the past can really mess you up, no matter how well you're doing in the present.

#50 Pam, Sep 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2005
  11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Really sad situation here.

12. Denny

Denny Active Member

""He underwent surgery to have a plate and three pins placed in the hand last Monday. Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said at the time that Owens was having a bad reaction to the pain medication. Etheridge said Owens experienced more pain and discomfort Tuesday. He took some pain pills and did some "microcurrent" treatment. She said he also took some supplements and "it kicked in a reaction.""

I'm just throwing it out there that maybe he had a build up between the supplements he takes and his medication since the surgery. Parcells said he was feeling funny. He may have had a weird life up to this point but the meds and or reaction could have led him to feeling really depressed about his life. Regrets about Philly and so on. I've seen this first hand and had to intervene on the behalf of a friend. He had some issues but didn't seem like the type to me until he bought a gun and told me he sat with it at the table for hours trying to get the guts. I threw out his meds and took the gun. He was also drinking like a fish which didn't help matters but the alcohol mixed with meds really messed his decision making up. It wasn't pain meds but prosac type stuff. Pain meds are a depressant too and I aint no doctor so don't ask me if I'm qualified and such. I'm just giving an opinion. My friend bounced back after that and is doing just fine. Sometimes meds mixed with other stuff can shut off that mental safety barrier that protects you from doing harm to yourself.

If he goes to the IR for mental reasons then I would believe it to be very serious. But if he continues to play after his finger heals then I would think it was a bad moment in his life that he got past.

13. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Wow, this is...crazy...unexpected...terrribly sad news. One of the greatest talents in this generation, sadly has been driven to this point. Although I've never been a fan of his I wish him a full recovery from whatever problems this may cause him, and hope that he can get his life in order.

14. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

I'm with ya, downing a bottle of opiates is always a cause for concern. I just don't get his publicist with her "its not serious" remarks, and the suppliments "caused a reastion." Its utter BS, the problem is in his head.

15. Denny

Denny Active Member

Yeah, that's definitely the spin control portion of it. Unfortunately for her, no publicist on this planet can control the media frenzy that's being unleashed as we speak. And of course he has issues. He's right up there with Ricky Williams in all his glory. But his friends in the NFL no doubt will be there to support him.

16. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Michael Irvin says he spoke to T.O. at about 1pm today and says T.O. 100% denys suicide attempt, says he took supplements with the painkillers, and it was a bad reaction.
    T.O. also said he was discombobulated when the police asked him the questions.

17. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

News Conference at 1:30pm says ESPN! Owens speaking!

18. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

i hope so, im skipping class for this

19. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Son of a bitch. Now it's saying 2:15pm.

20. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

fucking shit....3:15 is when he is gonna speak now