To all Dolphin fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Sep 19, 2010.

1. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

and if your uncle had a vagg..... id..... nevermind

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol thank god I qualified it with you wise asses roaming around....lol

3. 624

624 Banned

In my unbiased opinion the Jets are more talented, and are better coached.

But anything can happen in the NFL/Divisional game/Primetime game/on the road

4. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

But if your dealing with facts...... Miami is better. Check out the stats man, they dont lie. Even Miami's offense is ranked better than the JEts

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

True. The Patriots beat the Bengals and the Bengals beat the Ravens therefore the Patriots beat the Jets... oh wait.

6. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

I'm sorry but, who started this thread? I Jets or Dolphins fan? Person who answers correctly gets a cookie.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Are you going to be a trolling douche the entire time?

8. TWDC

TWDC New Member

So like if beating last years nfc title game loser is good..

Doesn't that mean that being last years afc title game loser is alot better?

Also obv Baltimore and NE > Bills Vikings

9. Tyche

Tyche New Member

I've watched every Fins snap, and this is pretty much it. I think Ronnie and Ricky have looked good in spots. They looked really good in the first half today, and absolutely pedestrian in the second half. The o-line has played really really good. Can it be had? Sure, they all can. But it's showing why people have ranked it among the league's best. I think Incognito and John Jerry have been pretty damn good.

Offense has looked bad. I mean, it's been efficient, just not glamorous. Henne is throwing at a bit over 60%, which is where he was last year. No picks or turnovers for him yet. Ricky and Ronnie's fumbles today made the game look a little worse than it was. Miami pretty much controlled that game through three quarters. The "worst 4th quarter team in the NFL" came out a bit today.

Through two games through, Miami has allowed 2 TDs, one of which was off a 1 yard drive because of a turnover, the other, a blown coverage by Bennie Sapp, who had been with the team for what, a week?

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

The Phins are undefeated and currently hold higher rankings than the Jets, by those standards the Jets shouldn't be taking them lightly.

However, it's the Dolphins so fuck them and fuck their fans.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This sums up the entire argument within this thread.

12. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

This isn't the 2008 and 2009 soft ass Miami Dolphins(2009). If you think this team couldn't have beat the Ravens at home you are in for a rude awakening. We just beat the Vikings, on 10 days rest, in their house. By the way, you know that thing their good at, stuffing the run? Well, we beat them doing exactly that, running the ball. See ya'll next week homies.

13. Tyche

Tyche New Member

(2-0) Bills/Vikings (road) > (1-1) Baltimore/NE (home)

Honestly, which would you rather have? Fortunately, you guys don't have to go to the hell that is the metrodome.

14. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

way to show some class man. I know I'm on your boards...... but c'mon.

15. asdf13

asdf13 New Member

Just curious, but how do you break it down?

Sparano is damn good coach. He's made some dumb time management decisions last year, but so did Ryan. Ryan might have an edge being a defensive mastermind, but in terms of getting the most out of the players, I think they're pretty equal.

As far as talent goes, it's kinda a wash. These teams have similar in a lot of ways. Henne and Sanchez are in the same boat. Young, inexperienced, game managers. Both teams have good #1 WR (Marshall being the better of the two). Both have solid WR behind them. You have a better TE in Kellen though.

Ronnie Brown and Green are pretty close in terms of talent, and Ricky and LT are older vets with some gas left. Our offensive lines are pretty even. Jake Long is the best LT in the NFL, Mangold is the best C in the NFL. both have a good supporting cast around them.

Defensively, the dlines (without Jenkins) are similar. Jets have a better overall LB core I think, although Miami has the best LB of the two teams (Dansby). Cameron Wake might be the best pass rusher of the two teams. Guy is held on every play it seems. JT still has gas left and can do everything pretty well.

The Jets have the best CB of the two teams, however, we have a more complete secondary. Davis is a playmaking machine and Allen has emerged. Bell knocks the shit out of everyone too. Clemons has played well but is still unproven. Cro had a very good game today after a terrible MNF appearance. So we'll see what he has to offer.

16. 624

624 Banned

Through 2 games the Jets have allowed 3 TD's. 2 of which were drives extended due to 3rd/4th down penalties.

17. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

Can't wait for this blood bath next week. You better believe Rex wants to smoke the fish after going 0-2 last year. Jets are certainly a more talented team. No Ted Ginn kick returns this time. Fuck that wildcat bull shit that won't fly this time.

18. 624

624 Banned

I see Rex as the top defensive mind in the NFL

Sanchez and Henne are pretty close, but Sanchez is coming off the game of his life.

Marshall is the best receiver out of the two teams, but the Jets have a better all-around group, especially when Holmes returns.

While the Dolphins have a real good O-Line, I see the Jets above them.

Like you said, Keller is the better TE

RBs are pretty even.

On defense while yours is talented, I would take the Jets any day.

LBs like you said, Jets have the edge. I think Harris is the best LB of the two teams, although Dansby and Scott are up there. Along with a healthy Pace.

D-Line's are close, Jenkins is out but our unknown guys have been stepping up. Cameron Wake has looked real good.

Both secondaries are young and talented, but with a healthy Revis I take ours any day. Especially if Cromartie and Wilson play to their potential. Brodney Pool also looked good in his 1 half this season coming off an ankle injury. Jim Leonhard is a stud as well, although physically limited.

The Jets pretty much have an edge in every category, but they are slim.

This by no means guarantees a win, because the WRs don't play the WRs, you can't match it up like that.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

To be fair.......

I think the Oline can be had in the respect that aside from Long, I have seen a bunch of mistakes out of all of them, Carey, Berger, Jerry, and Incognito. That does not mean I think they suck and are going to easy.

The Offense has been out of synch. I don't know if that is a function of the OC, the QB, what have you. If I was a Dolphin fan, I would be worried, as I don't think they are going to get many points on the Jets. Especilly if they stay with this game plan.

Of course last year it was so hot and humid that I think both defense's were gassed and looked awful. That can easily happen this year.

I know it is going to be close. I would be surprised if it is blow out one way or the other......

20. Tyche

Tyche New Member

Rex isn't the top defensive mind. Sorry, but he isn't Dick LeBeau, and if you think he is, you don't know football.

I don't think Henne and Sanchez are even. Sanchez is coming off the game of his life, and he's 1 week coming off one of the worst of his life. He's been remarkably inconsistent. While Henne isn't blowing anyone away, he's not losing games either. This is a debate I don't really care to delve into, you can find it in a million places.

I think the WR groups are closer than given credit for. Holmes will make a difference I would imagine.

The O-Lines are probably two of the top 3 in the NFL. Picking one is silly. Who's knows which is better, but I love how Miami's has been playing.

Keller is the better TE

The RBS aren't even, I think the Jets have this. I love tomlinson behind that o-line. I've said on other forums that I think Tomlinson is going to be your best back (in fantasy) this season.

Really no point in discussing the defense lol.