Time to trade or sign a QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Endlessly Counting, Nov 24, 2013.

1. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Care to explain who the new QB will throw to?

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Schaub? Mallett? Fitzpatrick? No wonder our fanbase is full of a bunch of losing minded fans. You're joking, right? Do you people want to be the Browns, Raiders, etc? Laughing stocks of the NFL. We already fucked up one QB (Mark) and Geno isn't very good/we're starting to mess him up. DRAFT A QB or ride out Simms/Geno/Mark, even.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Look at this teams history of drafting QB's. We can never hit on a franchise guy. And when we do get a decent one he's injury prone. Our safest bet IMO is to get vets. Not that anyone really wants those guys.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

This thread is a terrible idea.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, and how has the Vet thing gone for us in the past? The best one was Vinny and that was for really one-two GOOD seasons including 98. Rick Mirer, Bubby Brister, Boomer, O'Donnell, Carter, etc come to my mind. That's all a Schaub or Fitzpatrick (LOL wut) or Mallett would be. GARBAGE.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Mirer, Brister, and Carter were brought in as backups. But it hasn't been like the Jets go after vets that often.

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm with you....

8. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

The past has absolutely nothing to do with the future here. Apples to oranges comparison.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Your kidding right? Mallet is as bad if not worse than Geno, Jesus have you ever watched him play un preseason for the pats?

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

First of all let's be clear that the approach the team took to its Qb position last year occurred while a couple of factors were limiting its options. One was Mark Sanchez's grossly inflated contract, and guaranteed at that. Another somewhat related to that contract was lack of room under the cap.

This coming off season the Jets will have much more cap room. They also evidently have gaping holes at several positions some of which can be filled, hopefully, with use of draft picks. But they can't all be filled with draft picks.

Last off season the excuse for lack of making a big move in FA was the cap, and for Qb in particular that Sanchez was still going to be around. This coming off season the team in fact could make a big move for a Qb in FA.

Now, ftr I am not talking about finding the next Namath in FA. But a competent Qb could go a long way toward making this a winning team. Yes, the team will have to hit on its draft picks as well, but FA will have to be part of next season's strategy.

The point is next off season is a different story than last.

11. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Exactly!!!! I don't care who you have behind center, our receiving corps is not good. At this point I would like to see the Jets get a WR, TE, If the QB from LSU is available after the first two rounds and is there when we pick then get him.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I still think Geno could be a very good QB for us but I think the kid needs to sit behind a solid vet and learn the NFL game from the sidelines for a bit.
    I'd love Cutler to come here but we really need to upgrade the O-line and add a top flight receiver and another good TE to the offense.
    Cumberland has his moments but he's not the best.

With the way this defensive line is playing, we upgrade the secondary and add a vet like Cutler to the O this team could be scary.

13. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I wouldn't be so sure about Cousins. The Skins are clearly a team that can use the draft picks. Even with Griffin's injury concerns, a quality backup is a luxury for a team that has holes at starting positions but has lacked first round picks. If they can flip him for a high two or better, I think they have to seriously consider it. What they're able to do (or not able to do) in free agency could play a role.

14. NewYorkEveryThing

We went 1-15 and took a WR . We have always been a average draft slot team for over a decade. Unless you count sanchez. I don't.

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Zac Stacy at RB, somewhat improved OLine, young but dynamic playmakers at WR led by Austin, Pettis, Givens. Their TEs are a letdown but the Rams offense has a lot of weapons that the Jets can only dream of having. Bailey who is the Rams no.5 WR would probably start for our team right now.

16. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

lol

how can you give Chris Givens credit and then say that Jared Cook is a let down? wow

17. BakerMaker

Cook has been a letdown ever since his Titans days and the Wisconsin TE has been a major bust thus far for the team.

Givens hasn't lived up to the billing admittedly though but he should have never been a no.1 to really begin with. Rams still are in need of a go to superstar at WR, but they at least have youth and upside at the position where someone could very well fill the role in the coming future.

18. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

ok ok Cook isnt the best TE out there but Givens is a joke

if Bradford was still playing Cook would be much better. Clemens didnt look too bad yesterday though haha

19. BakerMaker

The Bears defense is putrid vs the run and not much better vs the pass. I think even the Jet offense can pound them in the ass. Sucks we get them next year and not this year.

You can probably find 11 guys on this website and they can move the ball vs the Bears defense.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I thought pre-season didn't matter. It is just garbage time right?

Isn't that what everyone keeps spouting when the idea of Simms starting is brought up?