Time to move on from Zach..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I've never been a fan of Woody's criteria for hiring people to run his football team. I was hoping he could find someone with prior experience either as an HC or GM. Woody decided to catch lightning in a bottle so we got JD (Ravens) and Saleh (49'ers). Neither one has any experience doing the job they were hired to do. Now Bob doubles down on the fuck up by hiring: his pal's lil bro (MLF), firing him and hiring Nate Hackett of all people. JD has three good DP's with Wilson, Hall and AVT but has mostly struck out since. Basically JD has been invisible thru all of this letting Baghdad Bob make the personnel calls and take the incoming. Not exactly a profile in courage for either of them.

SOJAZ, Since1969, papapump and 2 others like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the sideline was a mess yesterday. Multiple instances of strife. the locker room is cracking already

SOJAZ, Jets79, papapump and 2 others like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Douglas also navigates the trade market very well. But I also find it hard to give him a ton of credit for drafting some good players because he’s had so many first round draft picks.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

Chiefs, Broncos and Eagles before the bye

as bad as the Broncos are I don't think this Jets with Zach Wilson are going out to mile high and beating them. Chiefs and Eagles, forget it

1-5 by the bye week. season over by columbus day.... AGAIN

SOJAZ, Cman68 and Jets79 like this.
  5. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

As Boomer and Gio said this AM, "his stats are up there with Jamarcus Russell."

How can this go on? How? Is this the GM handcuffing the coach to the guy he drafted? Has the owner said, this is your mess, deal with it? It's wild. Idk what to even say.

tomdeb and Jets79 like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

@NCJetsfan what say you? Still everyone else’s fault or is it Zach?

SOJAZ likes this.
  7. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is a low point. Douglas is stubborn with the players he has drafted(i.e. Braden Mann, Ashtyn Davis Mims)

I really hope that's not the case here, since this is a professional business- but the Jets haven't given me much faith from the top down that it's not the case. They should have brought a vet in after week (1) & if they don't this week, Douglas seat has to be hot.

tomdeb, TheAustrian and papapump like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

Jets get the ball down 5, 1st and 10 at their own 45 with 2 timeouts

• 1st down: clean pocket, holds onto the ball for way too long, scrambling out and throws it out of bounds
    • 2nd down: clean pocket, throws an inaccurate pass to the TE
    • 3rd down: Garrett Wilson wide open right in front of him across the middle of the field. Doesn't pull the trigger, the rush finally comes and he throws a flailing pass late to Wilson that had no chance
    • 4th down: Despite 10 yards to gain, he throws an incomplete 2 yard dump off to the TE

SOJAZ, Jets79, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  9. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Locker room is done with this imposter. He and the whole family plus girlfriend should leave town

SOJAZ, tomdeb, Jets79 and 3 others like this.
  10. dawinner127

By 6:30, Q was already mid Hibachi meal at a restaurant near my house. I live about 40 minutes from the stadium and 15 from Florham park. I said to my wife that I thought that was pretty quick that he was already half way through his meal at that time considering the game ended a little after 4. He was with another guy who looked like a player but I'm not sure who it was.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Buffalo has to be kicking themselves for opening night. That must have been on pure emotion, because no way that happens twice.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Benihana in Short Hills?

dawinner127 likes this.
  13. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

It’s now Monday and a qb still hasn’t been signed it”s like Groundhog Day all over again

#273 jets4848, Sep 25, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
    Ralebird, SOJAZ, Jets79 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Stick with the narrative, it's the offensive lines fault

SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Scouring the innerwebs for a pro-zach podcast.... because who have the know what to look for.

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. dawinner127

After I pressed submit on that message I instantly regretted it b/c of the 5 paragraph response I'm going to get

stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

And they need to establish the run!

18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Wow…just wow

They didn’t show that on TV

I knew he was bad, and I knew he doesn’t see the field, but like another poster said, I watch other games and QBs are throwing to open guys all the time. We NEVER do.

So it’s not the OL’s fault, it’s not the receivers not getting open, it’s not the OC calling bad plays.

Enough of the fucking excuses

Like most of us have been saying…this kid is NOT a QB. He’s a good enough athlete with a strong arm but he doesn’t have the mentality to play QB. He doesn’t see the field, he gets scared of the rush, whatever it is it just doesn’t click for him.

If he doesn’t see by now in year 3, he will NEVER see it.

I would rather the team just cut him and play Boyle or someone off the street, and honestly I don’t care if it’s McCoy, Wentz, Foles, Johnson…I don’t care. ANY of those guys are going to be better than Zach. They are.

Because trotting him out there is not only going to lose us games (which has the upside of getting us a top 5 pick), but at this point, trotting him out there will implode this team. And not just defense vs. offense. We already saw Moore get pissed. Soon we will start seeing GW and Breece Hall and who else just say it. It’s going to implode, and once that happens, it’s hard to see how Saleh keeps his job…once you lose the team, it’s hard to come back. He’s done it once after last year, hard to see him survive it again.

So JD and Saleh and Woody need to get in a room and have a REAL conversation. I know it’s hard. But you just CAN’T keep throwing this loser out there and hyping him as “the best chance to win”. Anyone with eyes can see that he doesn’t give you ANY chance to win.

Yesterday was SO frustrating…that was a SUPER winnable game if we don’t have THE WORST QB in the league.

Man I was pissed yesterday, and seeing that clip just threw me over the edge AGAIN….

Damn that is fucking disgusting. I want this loser off the fucking team already. Just cut him. Trust, the other guys will respond and rally behind whatever other QB you put out there.

SOJAZ, Brook!, SackRecord99 and 7 others like this.
  19. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

To be fair though, it was 3rd & 7 and he was probably told to convert the 1st down. But yes any average NFL QB would have easily put up two scores yesterday.

Right now we're asking Hackett to change his entire offensive philosophy to suit a kid that cannot play NFL QB. Not fair to anyone in the building other than Zach. Time to move on.

HomeoftheJets, stinkyB and tomdeb like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

I think Zach Wilson's replacement would do well enough even if he just keyed on Garrett Wilson the whole game.

Two TDs per game right now is the bar to hit, Zach Wilson can't hit it. A new QB should get a chance at trying to hit that high mark