Time to bring back Kareem McKenzie

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Aug 19, 2012.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

that would just equate to a turnstile in the middle instead of on the edge.

we need...fck i dont even want to keep typing. hate tanny for not addresssing the oline

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Manish Mehta just tweeted saying "Jets need right tackle help. I've been told they haven't inquired about former Jets & Giant Kareem McKenzieas of now.#nyj

3. Bill Belidouche

Vd has been pretty good so far

4. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

At this point...

I have finally gotten to the point that I simply cannot blame Wayne Hunter for what is going on. At this point, the entire thing is squarely on Tanny's shoulders. He's just awful. Nothing he can do to "work harder" or whatever, he is just routinely overmatched. He is ruining that o-line, and it needs to be stopped. But I am done hating him, and have shifted that anger to Tanny. How is it possible that he couldn't see this coming???

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He did trade for a tackle with potential but the guy couldn't pass his physical. We have to see how we start the season.

It's odd, Parcells found a guy like Jason Fabini on the scrap heap in one camp. I have to think those guys are out there in all these camps going on, there is no way Wayne Hunter is our best option.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Jets had a shot at OT during the draft too, if I am not mistaken.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would take my chances with Vlad in the lineup over Hunter at this stage

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets could have picked up a bunch of UDFA's this offseason and 'had a shot'. Not that many blue chippers in the draft at RT. Doing anything other than picking up Hunter's option would have been a better shot. This guy is as bad if not worse than Adrien Clarke.

9. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

0% chance Hunter is their best option including all the guys on the scrap-heap. Gotta be somebody who can at least not look ridiculous. Make no mistake about it, Hunter looks ridiculous.

10. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

At this point, I would have rather missed out on Hill (I really like him though) picked up Adams, Martin, Glenn and then signed a vet reciever (Edwards, for you GMC, TO, Plax) and develop from there....

11. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

Hunter sucks but replacing him wont make this offense much better. Thats what everyone said about shottenheimer last year. He's gone now. When hunter is gone who gets the blame next.
    I love what we are doing on D. Coples, maybin, wilkerson, and big kellis have a bright future. Lets get real and accept that our offense does not until and unless changes are made.

#51 vedmedv, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  12. BleednGreen247

Ducasse >>>> Hunter

Bring in Nicks sister to play RT

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    #RL Jets have announced they have released T Stephon Heyer.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Failure to address RT the Offseason

Here is the question most Jets fans should be asking? Why did we waste money on resigning Hunter and trading for and picking up Tebow's contract when that $5 million per year could have been used to shore up this leaky boat and sign Eric Winston or some other quality RT???? The sieve at RT is going to ruin another season and turn Sanchez into the next David Carr if it is not fixed. These offseason acquisitions of role players like Tebow or big names at spots not needed (Asamugha last year) are causing big problems. Let's face it - the problems with the first team offense on Saturday were generated by one player - Hunter. He missed the block on the 4th and 1 and he gave up 4 sacks.

As for Tebow, the horribly underthrown and late pass to Hill who was open by 20 yards in the end zone for 2-3 seconds says all you need to say about him. No NFL QB fails to recognize how open Hill was and no NFL QB misses that throw.

And how is the not another punter or two in camp to compete with the putrid TJ Conley????

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I don't understand the Hunter signing. Are the Jets looking for a good draft position in the 2013 draft?

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Tebow was much higher on the priority list

17. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

This is a new and interesting topic.

18. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Signing a good RT would not have made the headlines that signing Tebow did.Remember Woody's goal is to make the front page not win SuperBowls.

19. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

for Woody! Lets be honest, while TT has some unique skills, he is not going to be a QB in todays NFL. His true value is in mechindise, tickets, publicity. Its the other half of the business of the NFL, the marketing and branding side. With that said, as a LIFELONG FAN, I want the Jets to win! By winning you create the brand that Woody is trying to create out of a circus.

But yes, the 5Million for TT should have been spent on suring up the line, AND we would not have had to eat Hunters salary as we could have dumped him before the roster bonus.

20. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Fabini was a Jets 4th round draft pick.