Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

You are 100% right. Someone claimed 'perception is reality'. So anything contradicts his perception must be delusion. :rofl:

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

This^^^^

zzzzzz

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

It does seem very convenient that the first time Tebow's attitude has ever been questioned is right now.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

evan roberts said it the other day that he thinks this was a leak put out there by the jets on purpose to take heat off of themselves in the whole tebow catastrophe.

i really honestly think he is right. it just fits everything the jets have been about he last 5 or 6 years.

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

This is obviously the case. The only question is how much of a grain of truth it contained.

I think they simply had a fight -- and Tebow said some angry things along the lines of "I'm not willing to be just a wildcat if I'm not a quarterback you can put in the game." Something where he was making a rhetorical point.

I think they're entitled to have a fight and not have it "leaked" out there -- I find it hard to believe it was in front of a lot of people. Either put the whole version out there, on the record, and submit yourself to follow up questioning, or keep your mouth shout.

What we have here is a "he said, he said," but we don't know (1) who one of the "he's" is, and (2) what he claims Tebow said. We keep getting "asked out of the wildcat," without the actual phrasing or anything. I find it hard to believe it was a question "asked." I think it was a statement, a statement about linking his other plays to being considered a regular quarterback.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Rex and Tebow should do a joint press conference about it. But that would make too much sense.

I cannot wait until the book is written about this year.

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Eating crow? That's for the writers that compose stories with inaccurate sources. Fans just react.

You're also not acknowledging any alternative (I only present this because you posted spitefully IMO); For example: Tebow did opt out of the wildcat by his agent's suggestion, and then later denied opting out of the wildcat (once again at the suggestion of his agent) because the reports hurt his value in free agency.

#267 VanderbiltJets, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Well at least he is human. The Jets in general keeping things inhouse.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Jets leaking crap to the media to gain sympathy, what else is new.

Guess they need a scapegoat for the 2012 season.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

here they are:

[​IMG]

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I have no problem with Tebow being annoyed. Why wouldn't he be, he was told he's the backup all year.

He is more valuable than McElroy because they don't mind using Tebow in certain packages offensively and on special teams that McElroy can't do. It makes sense to activate Tebow over McElroy for that reason, even if McElroy is considered the better pure quarterback. That dynamic starts to change when the starter plays horribly though, and not having McElroy active against Tennessee cost this team a chance at extending its playoff pipe dream another week.

12. catfish

catfish New Member

I agree playing McElroy was the right call if the coaches werent seeing what they needed to in practice, however if I was a player on the team I would hope the coach would tell me that I had been passed on the depth chart.

With what is coming out now about the whole situation it all seems like it was much ado about nothing. Rex has said only he and Tebow know what was said, that he wont discuss it and that the media are operating under assumption. Tebow says he didn't say it. So it is once again a fabrication of the media based on "sources". Basically on par with publishing gossip as fact.

13. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

#273 JET'S_my_name, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012