Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I think the best thing to come out of this article was Merril Hodge's rant on Tebow on Sportscenter. That was just hilarious.

2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

He's pissed Tebow made him eat his own words week after week last year to the point he had to come out and apologize publicly, along with getting a verbal beat down from Didka. The man is a tool full of biased hate... Kinda like some of the members on this forum.

3. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

If anything he just balances out the man love Skip Bayless has for Tebow.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Drive those ESPN ratings up!

5. jbiddy4

jbiddy4 Member

Not really a tebow fan but those of you piling on him are crazy...the dude ate shit with a smile all year...the fact he made it this long is spectacular.

This franchise is a joke and has been ever year aside from the two fluke title game appearances which we have nothing to show for, not even a division title.

Even the qb we thought we had is done...I don't see him rebounding and magically becoming competent next year...maybe under a new head coach.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Looks like the whole story was that he was upset at Ryan for passing him, told him not to do the WC. And a few days later he came to his senses and said I will do anything to help the team. Got caught up in the emotion. Wayne Chrebet said it well on twitter: the Jets screwed him but it doesn't give you the right to quit on the team

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Play as hard as you can. Be a good teammate. At the end of the season, ask for your release. Move on with no hard feelings. There are a lot of players who do precisely that and never get their shot to prove themselves in the NFL.

Tebow started what, 10 games for the Broncos last year, then got 75 snaps with the Jets to further show what he could do. He's been practicing every day for three years in the NFL. During that time, he's been evaluated every day. That's a lot more of an opportunity than scores of other talented players who wash out of the league.

If he hooks on with Jacksonville, good for him, but in my eyes, his long odds of playing QB in the NFL just got a lot longer. No coaching staff wants to deal with drama and sideshow that Tebow brings. It first looked like it was media created and that Tebow was a great team player, but now it looks like he is the catalyst for the drama and that it is all about him. You have to be a pretty special player like TO for a team to put up with that crap, and so far, Tebow has not convinced many trained eyes that he is a special player.

At this point, his only chance at playing for another team will be BECAUSE OF the sideshow and an owner's desire to sell more tickets and create buzz. This was why one of the reasons Woody brought him here and it's why Khan appears to want him in Jacksonville. After that, it's on to the CFL and other fringe leagues where NFL has-beens fade into obscurity.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Do two people use your account? its hard to reconcile some of the post you make with others...just an observation.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If Tebow said publicly he was sorry and was selfish, I think people would completely forget this ever happened.

A true leader leads when thing ARE NOT going their way. Tebow didn't demonstrate that.

10. sunbeam

sunbeam Banned

I'm getting tired of this.

Here is something. Respond to this, and only this.

Run the spread option all the way. Totally. Read option after read option. Throw on roll outs. Force the defense into single coverage.

Tebow is ideal for this. He did it in college against better competition than any qb that played outside the SEC did. No offense to the Pac-12 and Andrew Luck but defenders in that conference are only worthy of sniffing the SEC's jocks.

Run it and see if it works. Even the guys that are doing it now (Washington, Seattle, SF, Carolina are doing it halfway). I want a full blown total spread. 100% commitment from the first whistle in training camp to the last play of the season.

If it doesn't work fine. I'm tired of people who can't put two and two together and find the obvious.

Tebow isn't the only guy that can run this. My belief is you will probably need to have multiple qb's doing it. If I were running Jacksonville, next year Henne and Gabbert are out the door. Tebow, Colin Klein, another veteran or two are in. Any guy I bring in is going to understand up front I am going to play more than one quarterback by design. I might even get Vince Young's number.

I am going to get the very best spread coach I can find to run it. If I get an NFL'er willing to go that route (they understand this offense even if they don't run it), and I think they will make a good head coach I hire them. Otherwise I get one from college.

During the course of this season we are going to make it a point to not have a single snap directly behind center. NOT ONE. And we are going to run, run, and run the quarterback some more.

I tend to think Tebow could eventually learn to play behind center. But he will never (and a whole lot of other guys) be as good at it as he would be in my offense. Why make a silk purse into a sow's ear?

If someone tries what I want to do, and NFL defenses stuff it, fine. I didn't know what I was talking about. But I think it will work, and there are a lot of reasons why personnel issues will much easier.

Also I think it will breath some offensive life and variety into a league I think is just plain stagnant.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Tebow fans, is this accurate or stretching the truth or completely false? I don't follow college football except for the big games and then when it comes to draft time. I don't know any of the inner workings of any college football team:
    From Bomani Jones: http://www.sbnation.com/2012/12/24/3800212/49ers-cowboys-nfl-playoffs-tim-tebow

It was part of a deadspin article http://deadspin.com/5971014/tim-teb...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

12. lakersmetsjets49ers

Well tebow and fireman Ed have something in common

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

No he is not getting paid to do whatever the coaching staff needs. If they need him to wax their cars, should he do it because he is getting paid? He is paid to be the back up QB. They are not using him as the back up, and asked him to do things beneath his accomplishments.

14. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Now now, "everyone" is all inclusive, I just referenced the coaching staff. No reference to the team, the fans or for that matter the rest of the world population which would be covered by your "everyone" reference in your previous post to me. I must have missed the parts where the fans, players, or the rest of the known world asked him to run those plays and bulk up.

Are you going to now deny that you stated I was blaming everyone else?

#194 danangmarine68, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  15. jack handy

jack handy Member

how is he the catalyst / what crap? Did he have non-sanctioned interviews? Has there been any reports of him trashing a teammate?

TO

• called one QB gay
    • another a quitter
    • ano
    ther as having a "special" arrangement so he did not get the ball.

Name one thing that Tebow has done that even comes close.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Oh you're going to play the semantics game too. OK.

If I knew you were going to take the term "everyone" as literally as you seem to be doing I would have never used it. My mistake.

I'm shocked you're blaming other people for Tebow sucking. I'm shocked because never in a million years would I expect a tebot to blame other people for Tebow sucking.

17. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Newton has always been better than Tebow

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This is almost certainly someone else's fault. Tebow is not a turd.

19. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol:

Beneath his accomplishments... what a joke.

The rest of the NFL didn't get the memo that because of all of his minor league accomplishments, and his abysmal quarterback play in Denver, that Tim Tebow is beneath doing what he is asked to do by his coaches.

I suppose we can add quitter to the long list of shitty things Tim Tebow does very well.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Yeah that maybe so but I think overall Hodge is right about Tebow.