Tim Tebow Landing Spot: One Answer

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Br4d, Apr 10, 2013.

1. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

It is so silly to think that Rex really has any downside at all to starting Tim. If Tim sucks, Rex can point at that and say "I told you so." If Tim plays well, Rex can point to that and say "Look what I did, I fixed the Jets by starting an effective QB." Either way, Rex benefits from starting Tim. If I realize that, I am sure someone as conniving and sneaky (according to Tebow fans) as Rex would see how to leverage Tim to his benefit.
    This common sense understanding is yet another reason why a conspiracy against Tim is a stupid ass notion.

2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

If he makes it to mini camp, I'd say he stays on the Jets. Idzik is playing everything close to the vest, and he has been non-committal about Tebow thus far. If he really feels that a competition at every position is in order, I think he is gonna let Tebow compete for a spot.

Sanchez is going no where this year. Unless he lights it up in preseason, I can't see him getting the starting nod just because of his contract. Garrard will push the envelope, but I doubt anyone there believes he will be lights out after missing 2 NFL seasons (name a player that took off 2 years and came back to be good..Chad is probably the closest). That leaves Tebow, McElroy and Simms.

Simms is camp fodder and will get the least number of reps. McElroy will also get a limited amount of reps, and he's not the long term answer anyways. If Tebow makes it out of mini camp, he will get reps during the preseason because of what he has done already in the league (say what you will, he did go to the playoffs and win a playoff game).

If the Jets draft a QB, this whole scenario could change the landscape of this "competition". If they pick someone high (1-3), I honestly believe they will let that QB ride the pine for this season, and hope they are the answer moving forward. If they draft someone later (4-7), the same might happen, or they may keep them around on the PS.

It's going to be interesting how this whole summer plays out. After spewing all that, I've confused myself and everyone who read it :), which is probably how Rex is going to feel with 5-6 QBs in camp.

Tebow - Jets

3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

the only shot he has of staying is if his own limited experience is enough to warrant the jets to keep him rather than McElroy.

This thought would have to come in tandem with Tim having an impressive mini camp performance and a wider range of capabilities in MM's offense than that of G-Mac.

(edit- given his mobile lefty nature I guess that translates to, "he'd have to be Michael Vick", lol)

An unlikely scenario to me, but hey if he does it than let him aboard, McElroy is more of a career backup anyway as much as I like his smartness and believe this new system will eliminate this problem of holding onto the ball too long.

The only reason I say these two is because I have a gut feeling the Jets will want to draft a QB meant to be developed as you mentioned, meaning that there would be 6 QB's running around, one too many. I doubt Simms is dumped unless McElroy takes his place, and #9 and #6 seem to be the best bets at actually starting so these guys are the pushers for them rather than potential faces of the franchise.

they can afford to have one less player of this ilk.

If any interest for a trade ever comes up regardless, the jets dump him like a bad habit no matter what though.

I doubt he ver gets the start, but admittedly the odds of at least seeing if he can be a help increases as he sticks around.

To me its actually best for his career to be in this, prove his worth and work ethic and if, as odds say they will, he doesn't leave the bench he at least has batter look on his resume than "was a gimmick player that did like two things all year".

Or he could be cut immediately after the draft and was insurance of some type. Either way his longer stay just so the jets could save an extra mil by trading him seems less and less plausible. I think they do want to see what he can do as much as the media s#it storm around him would be ramped up (though at leads all speculation would be over.

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Wait... wut? You went to a Tebow speaking event? lol.

:lol::rofl2::lol:

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I've stated that same position before in another forum and I agree with you, though I think the "no downside" would apply more to the 2013 season than to retroactively apply it to 2012.

I don't think it was a conspiracy theory. I think it had more to do with a love for Sanchez, and not wanting to be wrong or forced into starting Tebow by fans or media.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Thanks for reading the other forum.

But let me clear up something for you...

I do not care about the NFL. Not one bit. I want to watch football. If the NFL went away, but the game of football still existed and the same players played in another league... I wouldn't care one bit. I am a UF fan and alumni. If the SEC was decommissioned and a new conference was created, I wouldn't really care so long as my Gators still played on Saturday. I don't care if the NCAA became the AACN. Why should I care about the NFL other than that they provide football to me, and I provide support to it by buying their $300 NFL Game Pass every year.

Second, if Mark Sanchez was killing it this year, I don't think Tebow fans would have said anything. Just like Orton the year before. It's that Tebow has been behind guys that melted down. You can't remove the context of the situation and expect to make sense.

I don't think that people in the other forum are saying the USFL and Tebow would put the NFL out of business per se. What they are saying is the NFL is facing a huge multi-billion dollar lawsuit. And with the rules changes going on, there is the chance of another league giving it competition. Also, who among us wouldn't watch spring football which would have some exiting things going on. Things like Denard Robinson at QB? At minimum, it would be interesting to watch while we wait for NFL season. If you think Tebow in the USFL wouldn't bring millions of viewers, I think you are not paying attention.

I would like to see Tebow get a full-season to succeed or suck. I just want the debate ended either way. Why leave it open-ended?

7. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Perhaps the debate has already ended and you just haven't accepted it yet. Broncos got some wins with Tebow, but unfortunately when people look at the whole picture and not just through Tebow lenses, they don't really come away impressed with what happened and see a 5 minute performance vs. 55 minutes of shitting the bed. Those 5 minute only mattered because a defense was putting out almost a 60 minute snub job of just enough offenses to make the playoffs on a third tiebreaker against two other teams. He had his moments, but obviously it wasn't enough to impress most of the decision makers.

He has fallen far behind the curve when it comes to passing against those drafted a year before, during, and a year after he was drafted. Who wants to take on a PROJECT who is entering his fourth year and is STILL dealing with a lot of the growing pains he should have been over a couple years ago, when they could draft a fresh green rookie with the same problem and be 4 years younger. Not to mention said draftee DOESN'T come with that circus either.

8. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I would say the number of starts and TDs Tim was on the field for in 2012 should be your indicator of where this debate is...It's Tim's responsibility to win playing time and be effective when he gets touches. He did neither last year, as much as this next statement is going to tear Tebow fans apart, it has to be said...
    Tim ended this debate by not being good enough for the pro game.
    "But Tim ___ this one time, Tim won a playoff game, Tim completed a long TD pass, blah blah." So have immortals like Chad Pennington, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel, Vince Young, etc, etc. Sorry your hero destroyed you guys...

9. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Now that the Jets team has been gutted by the trade and Free Agency and has no chance of success this year... why not let Tebow play out the season. At least there won't be as many empty seats at the stadium. What is the worse that could happen. This team is set to be a bottom dweller with the roster very few draft picks start right away at a solid level. And there aren't any FAs out there that are quaility gamechangers. The suckage level of the team is at an recent high there is no chance for any QB to succeed with a team like this much less Tebow... they tried the same thing in Denver... only look what happened...

10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Our hero?

I seem to recall that you yourself went to go Tim Tebow speak. :lol::lol::lol:

I have no interest in going to see Tebow speak. If we were at the same place at the same time by coincidence, I guess I'd hang around and listen. My interest in Tebow stops at football.

Maybe he is your hero, because Backup QB ain't wasting a minute to get tickets, travel, and go see Tim Tebow speak. Don't care what he has to say.

11. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

He is absolutely your hero along with others. That would be the sane justification for why you are active all over the internet in support of young Timmy. That would be the reason you have outlasted many others on this board, you are cruchsed that others do not like Tim and you are speaking up for him so his good name is never besmirched.
    I wasted zero minutes, zero dollars or travel to see Tim. I was fortunate enough to expense a table for family and friends who are big fans. I was already staying at the Broadmmor because I do that from time to time. It is kind of like when parents buy their kids tickets to a Disney on Ice show or something. They/I could give a shit about what is going on, they are doing it for others. It was interesting though to see in person how much contrast there is between Tim and his followers. His followers are dishonest, prideful, and ashamed. Believe me, being in the same room with guy has not changed his completion percentage, accuracy issues, leadership problems, poor punt protection abilities, I still think he is the same shitty QB he was four weeks ago. By the way, your jealousy about me seeing the chosen one comes through a little bit....tehehe

12. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tim didn't tell one person to fuck off, he didn't call anyone "Sunshine, he didn't claim he could put the NFL out of business, he did not claim to be the "most popular player in league history." He basically made liars and assholes out of the majority of his fanbase. hahahahaha, plus it pisses off some his faithful that I was in the presence of the great one even though I think he sucks.

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Haha. Tim Tebow is nothing like me and I do not share his views on pretty much anything socially. Matter of fact, I don't think we have much in common. Yeah, I'm a liberal atheist but my hero is an devoutly religious ultra- conservative. ok.

By "all over the internet", you mean here which I post every two weeks and the one other forum I joined a couple of months ago. BTW, you are lurking on that forum also so I guess we are both "ALL OVER the INTERNET" in the same TWO places. lol. The difference is you are following me around. And it seems like you are following Tebow around since you went to go see your hero speak. Maybe you got an autograph.

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Have you ever heard anyone come out and say "I am the most popular player in NFL history?" lol.

BTW, there is one person in the other forum who regularly says that. I don't think everyone there agrees with that viewpoint.

Go see Tebow speak as much as you want. I could see him speak also... if I wanted to. I just don't have the desire. I'm happy for you that you did. It's not like anyone can't go see him speak... it's just that some people, like you, chose to go see Mr. Tebow and the rest of us chose not to or don't want to.

15. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Deion Sanders once called himself the most popular player in NFL history as did Andre Rison, Randy Moss and Chris Carter. Nice try on that one, I bet you thought no one had.
    You are still here worried that someone may say something bad about your hero. Tim's career has been at a standstill since the last game of last season, yet we are still hearing about all the mistakes everyone else makes...weird huh?

16. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

This is true.

Actually, Moneybags, I've only seen BUQ on this site and the other. You're better off directing that claim to Remarker and that other arrogant snob, Demosthenes9.

I don't, however, believe your interrest in Tebow goes only as far as football. You already said you don't care about the NFL, and his days as a Gator are long dead. You and others are far too invested in him emotionally, and it shows in many of your posts. You may not agree with him politically, but Tebow being who he is and what he stands for is a big reason he has such a huge following, and why so many people have latched on to him as if he were the last great hope for humanity or something. Are you this rabid for every Gator to come out of Florida? Somehow I am doubting it.

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Am I rabid? When did I become rabid? I just said I like how he plays and hope he gets to play again.

And seriously... just think about it. What could I possibly have besides football to be interested about in Tim Tebow. I already said I do not share his views socially or politically. It's all about football and school pride. I do think he's a good guy though. But I wouldn't care if he had Gronkowski's personality. I'm being 100% honest here. I don't care about his image. I don't see why there has to be some underlying reason why I think he is a good football player.

18. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

As a Tebow fan, I don't think I ever recall telling anyone to go fuck themselves. If fact, I don't like either side talking to each other like that. I tend to leave convos when that happens. Which is why I don't stick around here to often. Half the time I have to skim through entire pages of people name calling and getting completely off topic before you find any interesting tidbits in this part of the forum. If you don't like the guy, you don't like the guy. I don't determine liking a person if they like Tebow or not. :beer:

I do find a lot of people want to mislabel Tebow fans by concluding that we all think he is the greatest guy to walk the earth. I may have a forum for a place for fans to talk about him, but Tim Tebow is not all my life, thanks very much. It really is just to have a place to chat and have fun. It's all entertainment at the end of the day. If you don't like what we have to say, then don't read it. I know the news about what is going on with Tim and the Jets in few and far in between, but tearing his fans apart for their opinion time and time again is getting old. I know time and time again, like Marine quite rightly pointed out, that most of the Tebow fans that have tried to have legit convos in here have left or been banned for whatever reasons. Most of the time we really are trying to have a descent convo with you guys, yet it then always turns around to people being really rude. I can't say anything without people attacking me and other people by saying we worship the ground he walks on, how I am delusional and can't see beyond anything because I am so in love with Tim. I never speak to anyone like that. I really try to keep it fun. If you guys want to think that Tim fans are that terrible then go ahead, but you guys do spend a lot of time not even talking about the recent developments and what that means for the current situation. It always turns around to his annoying fans and how much we suck. I honestly just want some important questions answered from some legit Jets fans that might have some answers for me. LOL If anyone is willing to give me a shot with some straight forward answers, then I am game to discuss. I came to this forum really hoping to kick it around and half the time I find myself, along with others, defending why we are even here. Tebow is a Jet, as of right now.

Personally, I believe that what the Jets organization to Tim, rightfully pointed out by Mark Sanchez, happened here as well. The Jets allowed the circus in by inviting the media in. In turn, an entire section was made for Tebow here making him even more polarizing even without it probably meaning to. If people were just allowed to bring up legit convos to see where Tebow fits in with the Jets, I think a lot of the nonsense that is seen in this part of the forum would not so evident when discussing Tebow. For better or worse, the haters and the fans caused this. Everyone is as equally responsible.

Also, as a Tebow fan, yes he is a big personality in the sense that many people talk about him, etc. However, I also don't think he is the biggest thing to happen to football. He is a huge story, no doubt in that. Many, many other players come to mind that I would most certainly rank way higher on the list of players who are the most impactful in terms of all round football player. I like the guy, but I know realistically where he stands. Make no mistake. I do believe that is where you get a little off base in your assumptions Moneybags.

Like BackupQB has said many times and I completely agree with him; I want to see Tim play an entire season as a starting QB (wherever that may be) and then make a complete analysis. I will stand by what I have said in several places... If after that Tim proves not to be as good as I believe he is, then I concede to you fellas here. If he does great, then I knew it along. Thats all there really is to it. If I am right, I am right. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. I won't dwell on it either way for too long though. ;)

That is great that you got to see Tim in person at one of his speaking engagements. I have heard he is a great speaker.

But like I said guys, if anyone is willing to give me a legit chance, without you picking apart my forum... which is not affiliated with this forum, and discussing what is here. I was under the impression that this section was for discussing Tebow, not his fans. I know for the few people that I have debated with here, they will tell you that I am not the 'typical' Tebow fan that you guys like to paint. There are points I disagree with you guys on, but there are times I have also agreed with you guys as well. I love debate, but the clutter about the fans is getting really boring.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Thank you for that... but what other sites are you guys following the Tebow fans on this board to? Better question... why?

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Well said.

I think that most of us are fairly reasonable. The "radical" ideas we have are that Tebow can lead another team to the playoffs. That is what is considered worshipping Tebow. I've been called everything from "jock sniffer" to "Tefag" to "Teblower" and on and on. I still have not called anyone names AFAICR.

To the rest of you... just because some people have certain views of Tebow doesn't mean we all do. Why you want to lump us all in the extreme category escapes me. Almost like how some people think all Muslims are terrorists when in actuality it is a very minute percentage. The actions of a few are levied against the masses.