Those Who Lost Their Tailgate Area

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Aug 3, 2007.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Here's the thing. I didn't 'stop by'. I ran into you. Literally (no, not with my car, but I thought about it :wink:). It was so random, like bumping into someone you know in NYC. Bizarre. As to Soss, hopefully he had his trusty, goofy NY Rangers hat on to protect him.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

hat was soaked.it was like he was on double dare and got slimed.water down his back soaking his t-shirt,jersey,hat and the inside of his coat.
    very funny.im still laughing while typing this.ha ha ha

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

that post is fantastic.:beer: cheap meats in salad oil almost made me shit my pants

4. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

17a, good to hear (our) area is still ok for tailgating, I've had an anxious last few weeks what with all these changes etc. I'll be with you guys October 11th for Eagles game and hope some of the other posters from the board stop by. Will post details about my visit nearer the time.

5. 17a_tailgater

sweet, are you wearing your kilt again without any bloomers?
    onion really wants some action again

6. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Hey look, it's 18c_tailgater.

Edit: Ah, looks like you told my story. Just peachy.

7. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

A true Scotsman never wears anything under his Kilt! Onion was helping to crease out the back of my Pennington shirt. Don't go there.

8. 17a_tailgater

ha ha cant wait to tailgate ans watch real football games

9. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I can't wait to see you come Nov! (That is if I'm still invited?) I don't know if I can bring a covered dish or beverages all the way from Central PA, but I can contribute. :wink:

We're staying at one of the hotels at the Meadowlands Complex, I'm hoping they'll have shuttle service? This back woods hick will be totally lost in the big city. :lol:

Oh and :steelers:

10. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

i think everyone is overreacting to the situation. also no one owns a spot the comment about things getting ugly is just stupid. its first come first serve. if you and your buddies wanna tailgate together then your gonna have to plan things ahead of time and reach the stadium together. Now last year (this is my 2nd yr season ticket holder) i did see people take up 2 spots. With spots this year being limited it can create tension when people are looking to park their car, but secruity is gonna have to prevent that. all in all i think everything will be OK.

11. 17a_tailgater

ok i will explain it a little clearer.no one owns a spot,yes.there was no 2 spot tailgating yesterday.

but what i am stating is the sidewalk areas are freaking goldmines for tailgating.not tailgating taking up 2 spots.people like myself who use the sidewalk are for huge parties value that area.and yes we have a designated person who will arrive at 530am for 1pm games to reserve OUR spot.yes thats right OUR.

its just like the wringled brown old lady who goes to the beach at sun rise to get the best spot
    [​IMG]

12. 17a_tailgater

of course your still invited.and the hubby too that yellow and black SOB

13. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

"ok i will explain it a little clearer.no one owns a spot,yes.there was no 2 spot tailgating yesterday.

but what i am stating is the sidewalk areas are freaking goldmines for tailgating.not tailgating taking up 2 spots.people like myself who use the sidewalk are for huge parties value that area.and yes we have a designated person who will arrive at 530am for 1pm games to reserve OUR spot.yes thats right OUR."

ok so you start off by saying "no one owns a spot,yes" then later on say "we have a designated person who will arrive at 530am for 1pm games to reserve OUR spot.yes thats right OUR."

ok first off i could care less about your sidewalk spot i get to 1pm games at 10:30am and thats more then enough time for me to tailgate. second if i did sidewalk tailgate and got there before your friend believe me he wont be telling me to move. it just wont happen. oh one more thing you said "there was no 2 spot tailgating yesterday." HELLO IT WAS A PRESEASON GAME. wait till week 1 . and remember i said people are OVER REACTING. I DONT SEE THERE BEING A PROBLEM!

14. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

:rofl2: Cool. I'll get with you closer to the date. I see you have *ahem* important business to take care of. [​IMG]

15. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I plan to tailgate at Blarney Station Pub or perhaps Manny's week 1 against the Pats. And then get home safely without driving. It will take me 17 hours to take 2 trains and a bus plus walking 2-3 miles, but hey, this is the Jets, so it all seems to make sense.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hey, I like that trusty, goofy NY Rangers hat. It goes with my trusty, goofy, NY Jets slippers. Difference is, I can beat you with one of those slippers if it pleases me. Go ahead, attempt to beat someone with a cushy hat. I've tried it. It just doesn't work. Snarfle.

So this week and last week I was sent on a scouting exhibition for a new spot seeing as our Reserved Lot is toast. I picked 18c (coincidence!; but...is it Chariots of the Gods?), and reported back last. If my regular tailgate decides on it on 09/09, I can rotate between both gigs. Who's better than me.

#116 jetophile, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

haha. fucker.

I should be up there in December for a game.

18. 17a_tailgater

dont forget the apple strudel ok peaches

19. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Hey Nancy, I just found out that i've landed 4tix for the home opener with parking passes. Maybe I'll stop by and crap in the chili bowl again.

20. 17a_tailgater

sweet dont forget the KY, i am going to be elbow deep in your a$$