Those Who Lost Their Tailgate Area

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Aug 3, 2007.

1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

luckily i was able to pick up a season parking package from a ticket broker and our lot is still available to use. We get the 5 hours prior to game time so i don't see us having a problem. Usually the regulars in our are are there around the same time 9:30 or earlier - after that we get a mix each game. The parking police will be out in force since some around us do take multiple spots, but they also had 5 cars and with the permit rule you will have people that used to come in large multi car groups either carpooling or not showing up...i don't expect an issue

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Well, Being that my TG Spot is right where the fkin Construction is which also means My easy Entrance and Exit has now been eliminated.
    I'll probably goto my spot nice and early and start a big fire in the spots around me.....lol...

Actually, I'll be looking for people who'd want to trade spots if I'm not near my entrance.

3. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I'm not losing shat. My lot isn't preferred anymore, so we're just going to leave earlier.

I'll pull in the lot 5 hours before kickoff, don't bother us none.

4. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

8 am tailgate for 1:05 starts..i'm game

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Nothing is reserved anymore, first come first serve.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'll be tailgating in 17a like I have for the past 10 years. See you there 17a..

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Many men have lost their tailgate area................some, in time, even have come to enoy it.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

My dad and I aren't big on tailgating, and I'm not big on waking up before 10:00 AM. While the tailgating atmosphere is always fun, and I enjoy hanging out once in a while with Mantana and others before the game, it really doesn't bother me that much. I'm there for the game, tailgating doesn't make me any bigger or any lesser of a fan.

9. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

tailgating doesn`t mean anything as to what sort of fan one may be. If anyone thinks that way, they are so dillusional. I actually do not enjoy tailgating anymore. Been there and done that for well over 20 years. It truly sucks to be honest, especially if you are the one with the grill(s), supplies and knowledge of setting up. Some people(some I have tailgated with for many years)would be complete screw ups at tailgating. Some were absolute joys to tailgate with and had their own ways. I`ve always hated those who would show up with London Broil steak, throw it in Italian Salad Dressing and then not even bother to wait for the charcoal to be ready and just throw it on the grill. I never ate their food because it sucked. But as far as thinking one is a better fan than another because he tailgates is so untrue.

I want a bar within walking distance to the stadium and some train service of some kind where I don`t have to sit in bullcrap traffic or wait for it all to die down.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

If I make it to a game I'll be in 17a with the rest of the guys that tailgate in that area.

I'm actually glad I live on the West Coast and only have to deal with this at Charger games.... tailgaiting in 80 degree weather in December is awesome. Once the game ends nobody is in a hurry to leave so people roll out at about 9 or 10.

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

half of 17a is going to be loading and unloading for the shuttle buses you know.

12. Ty Law's Brother24

Ty Law's Brother24 New Member

do you guys know exactly what tailgate lots are closed? I've been in 3B for about 6 or 7 years now and I'm with a group of guys and I'm pretty sure that 3 is one of the lots that's getting shut down but I'm not positive.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys

13. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Finally someone with perspective. While I'm up way before 10am, I agree.. the focus should be the GAME.

14. Attackett

no I didn't know about that, that sucks. Oh well it will be there or somewhere else, I guess it doesn't really matter..

15. Attackett

Whoever said it wasn't about the game? That is the reason 95% of the people have awaken at the crack of dawn and prepared food all week for.

Yes it is most definetly about the game but Sundays in the fall & winter for me have become about more than just the game. It has become a chance to party with the boys all day talking about football amongst other things. Now with two young kids at home, I wouldn't get that chance so frequently any other way..

I'm looking forward to another season of tailgating and watching Jets football..

16. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

you must be around 25-30 years old I`d say. Give it some time. When tailgating becomes a chore, you`ll know you`re getting old. :)

Enjoy it though. It tends to drift away as time goes on and you hit your 40`s.
    After that, all you truly want to do is be with your kids and not at a game.

Yup, I`m getting old I suppose.:sad:

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

yes you are old
    im 31 and when my boys start going they will be tailgating too
    just like me with my dad

18. Ty Law's Brother24

Ty Law's Brother24 New Member

Exactly man, I met my best friend tailgating at Jets games and it's a way for me and my dad to spend time together now that I'm in college. Not saying you're not a real Jets fan if you go to the games and don't tailgate, but it certainly enhances the experience for myself. Gets me more pumped for the game before I go into the stadium.

19. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

It's an excuse to barbecue with family and friends. I can't see the negative in this :)

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have never been a fan of tailgating either but if you don't show up early enough you are parking behind the racetrack and now if you don't have a parking pass you are parking miles away so i'd rather tailgate than get stuck parking so far away.