Thomas Jones was just made a fool by Dana Jacobson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by EcKo151, Jan 2, 2009.

1. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I agree. He sounded like a back-peddling coward, who didn't know how to defend himself, or his previous comments pertaining to Favre / Jets. What a tool....

GOOD JOB DANA!!!....

2. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

wow it blows my mind how many people are criticizing Jones. He should be a captain. at least he had the balls to come out and say his view as opposed to the anonymous Jet. He made a point criticizing Favre he came out and basically spoke on behalf of the team when no one else would. He said its not his decision and he took an objective approach its not personnel. Jones wants to win and any player who does shitty deserves to be benched. No would be criticizing Rhodes if Gholston was starting and Rhodes called the coaching staff out for not benching Gholston when he was playing shitty

3. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

What the hell are you talking about. Do you know something I don't, or are you just making things up now?

4. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

He has to, Woody watches ESPN, but he does not listen to Hot 97. :breakdance:

5. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Man what the heck are you talking about? How can he complain? WE CALLED 38 PASS PLAYS IN A SNOW/SLEET GAME!

Open your eyes! If we run the ball 100% of the time in that game we win easily.

THATS HOW

Or wait, what about the Oakland game when TJ is running all over them and we get to OT. What do we do? Pass, Pass, Pass. 3 and out. Pass, 11 yard gain, Pass, Pass, Pass. 3 and out.

THATS WHY. The play calling was horrible all season long. Thats why TJ can complain. Heck, I'm still ticked off about the Seahawks game!

#85 IrishSteveZ, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

23 freaking yds - STFU TJ

7. The Mak

The Mak New Member

How many times are you going to repeat this?

8. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

i was happy he wanted favre benched this shows he actually cares for this team to go anywere

9. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

you have some severe hatred for Jones, or major man love for Favre, not sure which but you are one angry dude

10. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Here we go with the race crap. I agree with Don on this one. What does it matter id he was black or white?

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

dats my quarterback

12. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

This backlash against TJ is ridiculous. The guy wants to win -- pure & simple. What he said on 97.5 FM was the result of what has been brewing inside of him & a good # of his other teammates --- just like its been brewing in the fans. This wouldnt come out of Jones mouth unless some of these feelings of resentment from other teammates reported in the media arent half true. Its not much worse than what Rhodes said that Favre must attend offseason training "just like the other team members." There's nothing wrong with calling Favre out --- his play was so awful, somebody had to do it. The guy played worse than a f--king rookie -- at the cost of $12 million!!! Based on that & the talk we hear about him keeping himself distant from the others with his own f--king office, I wouldn’t even call the guy a teammate. He’s nothing more than a contractor. He was contracted to come in & get us a Super Bowl. And he couldn’t even get us in the playoffs. I'll bet Mangini regrets that he didnt have the balls to sit Favre --- it ended up costing him his job.

How did team sports get to the point where a single player is given time to ponder whether or not he even wants to play? As far as I'm concerned, if the thought of retirement even crosses a guy's mind, chances are that he is done --- this is clearly proven by Favre's play this past year, i.e. - he retired after last season in tears, then a month later he has a change of heart.....consequently his play was awful.

I dont care who he is ---- he may have had a Hall of Famer for Green Bay, but he has been nothing but a headache for this organization. Lets cut our losses & move on ---- God forbid we go another year w/all this crap --- at the cost of $13 million??????!!!!!!!!!!

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Neither and I'm not angry dr. freud. I just don't appreciate Jones pretending like he doesn't have any personal responsibility for the season and pretending like its all one person's fault. Cuz dat is bull. The entire team sucked including TJ and TJ's failure to get that is hilariously myopic on his part. The fact that he chose to air dirty laundry in the media is just stupid and disloyal to the Jets organization.

14. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

nice post. :)

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Let's get serious for a second. Jones totally fucked up and probably heard about it from everybody else on the team and everybody including his brother who he knows in the NFL. It was just plain stupid and he realizes it now.

16. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

It's a sad state of affairs to see our MVP taking this kind of heat after the season he had, even as he was seemingly taken out of game plans by his own coaching staff. I'm glad he spoke his mind the first time around. I don't blame him for taking the fifth after that.

17. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

And all the black guys here who are burying him now would be defending him to the hilt, pointing out that the defense couldnt get other teams off the field, the STs were inconsistent, the coaching sucked, and everyone's a racist.

:rofl2:

18. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The guy just told the truth whats wrong with that? When favre is closing his eyes and chucking the ball down field it hurts this team. It hurts this team more than comments made by the running back. Everyone in the media is on favres jock and it makes me sick. The guy blew so many games for the Jets this year and it seems like nobody wants to speak the truth on the subject. Coaching staff aside(because they are not on the field playing) Who else would you blame for the melt down on the field? It certainly was not TJ. Give the guy a break he spoke his mind and he only spoke the truth!

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3806019