They moved the Draft to Primetime

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NDmick, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Free4Jets

Free4Jets New Member

for me personally, I only enjoy watching the top 5 picks and then our pick (where ever that may be) and the way everybody knows who is going to be the #1 overall days in advance...this makes no difference at all for me

2. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What a terrible idea

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

and as time goes on tradition is raped by marketing

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Why not just Friday night for the first round? I don't mind taking a half night off, but Thursday, then Friday? Plus, espn doesn't even keep up with the draft after the first round. They cut in from interviews and whatnot to tell you who was picked next.

Great viewing on a friday night, eh...

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I can't even come up with words to describe how pissed I am. Unbelievable. The NFL goes out of its way yet again to fuck it's loyal fans for the sake of money. Goodell would be a lot better off in baseball or hockey, a league that actually needs changing, rather than have him continuously spit on a working tradition in the NFL.

6. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

also if they are going to move the draft for a three day event, common sense (Im sure someone has said this) says you move the first day to Friday night and go friday, saturday, sunday

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

on the other hand the trading is gone be outrageous.gm's ar gonna have all day friday to move around to try to get some prospect who had a first round grade but is sitting there friday evening.but for the fans it sucks.the same people who are gonna watch it on thursday nite are the same people who watched saturday.anyway to start a boycott.if we can get a big enough movement of people not to watch it.maybe they'll put it back where it belongs.saturday at noon

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

we could only wish. My guess is Goodell becomes furious when he finds out, even though the draft was big on a thursday night, it would be 3* as big on the following night...