These next 3 Games (Miami, Seattle, St. Louis)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 22, 2012.

1. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Idk if anyone has noticed, but the Jets have been playing EXCELLENT football the last three weeks, improving every time. We seemed to have forgotten that this year we have a lot of new young players on offense and a WHOLE NEW SYSTEM on top of that. Not to mention loads of new faces on D to learn that system as well. The jet ceiling is very high and I expect them to go 8-1 down the stretch as Sanchez continues to improve and Rex reminds everyone how great of a coach he really is.

Suck it darksiders :beer:

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The Sea game for sure is a big fat L IMHO :sad:

3. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I don't think there any easy games the way we have been playing. Seattle got a sick pass rush and is sure to be a problem. There no consistancy to how we play. I never assume were going to have an easy game

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

oh man; beers on me if that even comes close to happening!!

5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

We will not lose to Miami at home, but it will be another hard fought game, simply because it is a division game. We should take care of St. Louis no problem. However, winning 2 games on the road, especially on the West Coast, is a tall order. I see us at 5-5 going into Thanksgiving.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I definitely think all three games are winnable. Personally I think we'll go 2-1 because 3-0 just sounds too good to be true. I do think we will beat the Pats at home though. Meaning after the Pats game we would be 6-5. All five games after the Pats game are also winnable, but even if we just win three I think we take the WC spot.

Our only shot at winning the division is if we beat the Pats at home, they lose to the 49ers and Texans and maybe have an upset loss against someone else (Colts? Bills?). I think that would put them at 9-7, so I guess even if they only lose three more games (Jets, 49ers, Texans) they would be 10-6 and if we are 10-6 we might beat them on the tie breaker.

So, yeah, not really confident we can win the division but I'm pretty confident we can get a WC spot. We need this win against Miami though, without that it's going to be very, very difficult.

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Arent games....MIAMI, BYE, RAMS, than SEATTLE?

8. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

I see us going 2-1...the Miami game has to be a W, it better be a W because a loss will ultimately cost us in the playoff hunt (division & conference tiebreakers) we have already lost 3 games to AFC opponents...

The Seattle game will show what this team is made of...a hostile playoff environment against a solid defensive team...I have us losing this game but with their Rookie QB we might pull off a W...

9. BJXX

BJXX New Member

It's all about the Miami game.
    Our whole season. No kidding. Not exaggerating.

To drop one to Miami after the NE high would be devastating to the team and morale. Imagine the turmoil. I know they're professionals and not high school kids, but the locker room has had it's issues.

Guess what the media and fans will want? You ready for that?

Adding salt to the wound, at 3-5 we go to Seattle......

It's all about the Miami game. This game is more important than you might think.

Wow, that was pretty negative.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, this is only one scenario, and it's all up to the Jets.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Miami
    Bye
    @Seattle
    @Rams

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

2 rookie QBs - Rex is 6-0 against them.

Seattle and St. Louis is are two of the worst scoring teams in the league.

12. FriendlyDolphin

Starks who's playing to go the pro bowl and soliai one of the best NT in the league? How can you say maybe wake? He's by far a better defensive players than anybody in your front 7 and is ranked at the number 1 DE in the league in PFF. Sean Smith has also done pretty well keeping players like AJ Green and Fitzgerald capped each at 60 yards. Reshad Jones has done an amazing job at SS I believe balls throwing his way are at 33% completion rate and is ranked at the 2nd best safety in the league. You have a better secondary but we have by far a better front 7 both at stopping the run and rushing the passer. (Funny we have the same amount of INT on defense and have 8 more sacks than you while you've played 1 more entire game) But reading your post you get your shit from disabled kids on ESPN.

13. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

we need to win the next 3 and we will win the next 3. Despite the loss of Revis, our Defense is playing better than anyone could have expected with Revis out. 3 straight top notch performances in my opinion.

14. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

What I like about the Jets right now is Sanchez is spreading the ball around to many different receivers. Against the Pats he targeted 9 different guys and hit his running back 8 times -- that is a massive number compared to the first 6 games. That running back play is cheap yards, keeps the defense honest, and will open up Keller.

15. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Unfortunatley, 5-6 after Thanksgiving looks like a best-case scenario, and 4-7 isn't out of the question. None of these games is a gimme, and none are out of their reach. But if I had to guess I'd say Miami - win, Seattle - loss, St. Louis - win (very iffy) and New England - loss.

16. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

MIA @ home gives advantage. Rams are good at sacking the QB......and SEA is so tough at home and also good at sacking the QB. Could be tougher than it looks on paper. Bye is important for getting healthy though.

17. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Wow. Can you give me the number for your acid dealer?

18. finomenal

finomenal Banned

The'll go 1-2 imo. St. Louis is a joke.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

One of the things I kept mentioning was the New O.
    Add to that the lack of practice because all of the off season rules and you have an off. that should start off slow...
    That said, other than the Buff gm, where the D put us in constant scoring position.... it's prime for take-off...:breakdance:

20. BJXX

BJXX New Member

I grudgingly agree with you on Seattle, however, we do have the bye to rest and prepare and they will be coming off 2 tough games against Detroit and Minnesota. That is what worries me about the Miami game, they have had the bye to prepare for us.

But right now the Seahawks should be considered the distant future.......the Miami game is the only game the Jets should be thinking about. I believe a loss will have ramifications beyond a 3-5 record.