The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yeah, I went to a house show years ago. The main event was The Rock vs. Kane (back when Kane was still wearing the mask.) It was freaking awesome, and far better than you ever see on tv.

We got tickets for the February show and we're going to surprise my middle son who loves wrestling. Should be fun! (Having it on Friday night rules!)

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Just popping in to make my annual "wrestling sucks" post.

Wrestling sucks, see you next year.

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

That was the lamest kick. THe kick on Dibiase was awesome.

5. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

? I think we've already been through this but way to make a blanket statement then run out.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

When Was The Royal Rumble???

7. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

That punt looked real. Was it?

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This past Sunday. Orton won it.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

[​IMG]

Get familiar with this sight. I know you said you don't really like him Alio... but he's going to be the face of the WWE for years to come. He's slowly becoming Stone Cold like... he's not a good guy, he's a bad guy, but he's a badass and the fans love it. You don't hear chants going through the crowd for Edge (unless it's at somewhere like Toronto or Madison Square Garden). This guy is going to make Vince a ton of money and will be the face of Professional Wrestling for a very long time.

I love the Legacy stable and how they are building up Ted DiBiase Jr and Cody Rhodes. I don't know if Cody will be overly successful but Ted is going to be something also. He has the look of a young and upcoming Orton when he debuted. I'd love to see his father come back and be his manager. Cody doesn't really have much personality so we'll see what they do with him, but DiBiase has quickly become a favorite of mine. The Legacy has had a strong showing, I was shocked the last 4 in the Rumble were the three of them and HHH. Thank God HHH lost again.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I can't see the image, but based on the link, and what you wrote, I assume it's Randy Orton.

Here's the thing, I no longer hate Orton. Ever since he came back from injury he's been on fire. He's finally speaking with emotion, and that was my problem with him before. He always sounded like Ben Stein, sans the humor.

I agree with you on Rhodes and DiBiase. Ted Jr. is clearly a star in the making. I thought it was great when he came back and stabbed Snuka and the Somoan dude in the back. I think Cody would have potential if he did two things: 1) Stopped trying to fake that lisp. It worked for his father because it was legit. He can't fake it, so he may as well give it up altogether. 2) Learn how to walk like he wasn't just getting anally raped backstage before coming out to the ring. He definitely needs to not try so hard and stop trying to pretend to be extremely cool. It's a mechanic that doesn't work for him.

And I really don't want to see a rivalry between him and Goldust. If they have a rivalry, I'll root for Goldust every time.

What I would like to see though is a rivalry between Rhodes/DiBiase, Cryme Tyme, and Miz/Morrison. I think that would be fun to watch. I'm really starting to like Miz/Morrison too. I don't watch ECW, so I don't get to see them except on RAW, but they're entertaining.

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Orton's main problem has always been he gets injured. If he can stay healthy, then he has a great shot to be the #1.

My only gripe was when he kicked Vince in the head last week, that I wanted him to hit an RKO on Stephanie as she was standing over Vince. That would have been great :)

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

No way man. My pants have definitely been happy to see Princess Steph on RAW every week lately. Man, she's hotter after giving birth than before.

Oh, and Shane-O kicking the piss out of everyone the other night was great stuff. The notion that Shane could honestly beat any of these wrestlers in a fight is hilarious, but knocking the snot out of Orton was just classic.

13. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Does Cryme Tyme get more screen time now?

Also, Shane-O rules.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Cryme Tyme just had a title shot at Miz & Morrison this past Monday. Unfortunately, it was a "If we lose, we back off for good" thing, and they lost.

And yes, Shane-O Mac is awesome.

15. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Miz and Morrison are fucking awesome

16. Drew

Drew Active Member

Totally agree. Morrison is awesome. Miz is just whatever... I don't really care about him. Morrison could be a potential star down the road but they need to build him up and give him some credibility. He has the moves and charisma... he's great. And he's a total workhorse... he is on every show every week.

One of Shane of Stephanie will be joining the Legacy come WrestleMania, IMO. I'm thinking Stephanie. Shane vs. Orton at No Way Out in a street fight or something that ends with him taking Shane out. Stephanie helps him beat Cena at WrestleMania for the title and aligns with the Legacy. It would make sense... all the McMahons will be taken out except her. She left when he punted Vince. She will set Shane up in a match with Orton. The pieces are falling in place.

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Miz sucks...He was on TheRealWorld. But he sells his move as bad as anyone...

I like Orton...And if that means Cena without the WWE Title...Then wrestling will be better, he is truly awful.

18. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I actually don't mind Miz, his workrate is decent. Morrison no doubt is the future star of that group. Awesome in the ring great worker, good talent on the mic and has the look in general. I love Shelton Benjamin to, not only is he athletic but not spotty, but he's a very good storyteller in the ring.

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

Morrison and Miz annoy me on the mic. They are so fucking mind numbing.

20. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

If this is true its about fucking time... http://www.wrestlezone.com/article/details-on-new-macho-man-dvd-to-be-released-in-june-58378

WWE's Canadian DVD distributor KOCH is promoting a 3 Disc DVD covering the career of Randy "The Macho Man" Savage entitled "Macho Madness." This DVD was originally listed by WWE about a year ago, however was canceled for unknown reasons. Many speculate the DVD was originally pulled due to personal heat between Savage and Vince McMahon that have been long reported to exist, however nothing was ever confirmed. The new DVD is scheduled to be released on June 9th.

Please let this be true. Macho was the fucking man. His mix of in ring ability and his craziness on the mic makes him one of the best wrestlers of all time and his legacy goes largely unnoticed. Fat fucking Dusty gets a DVD but not Macho? Make it happy WWE OOOOOOOOO YEAAAAHHHHHH!!

If I sound crazy I'm sorry but I LOVED Macho. My friend, my girlfriend and I decided to be the Mega-Powers for Halloween this year so you can guess who I was.