The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

2. devils744

devils744 New Member

the only good thing is that he will have tons of heat on him since he sucks so bad. it could be interesting but knowing the wwe it will probably be awful.

3. Beamen

Beamen New Member

That was a really good RAW, until the very end...

If WWE is trying to push SmackDown!, I guess this is the way to do it... Find the only person employed by WWE who may be more ill-suited to be GM than Vicky Guerrerro, and make him GM of RAW...

NOBODY CARES ABOUT MIKE ADAMLEE...

4. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

That's the point.

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Which? The one about force-feeding SmackDown! or the one about nobody caring about Adamlee?

I'll tell you this much, I've been DVRing SmackDown since the draft, and haven't watched an episode. I don't know if I ever will.

As for Adamlee, I just don't get it. I don't mind hating a GM, but I want it to be the character I dislike, not the person. Adamlee is Vicky G II.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

maybe they should spend more $$ on better writers than that money giveaway gimmick they ran. is steph still in charge of the writing staff?

7. FITM

They just did. They signed the greatest writer in wrestling history ever...Freddie Prince Jr.

8. FITM

Whoa

That is a huge turn of events. Mysterio's mask?

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

if the mask don't fit, then kane should quit ( this stupid storyline).

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Worst reveal ever. I guess we're going to have to see Mysterio's ugly mug on tv now. I knew it wouldn't be long before they unmasked him like WCW did back in the day.

11. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/article1553248.ece

Mick Foley to wrestle for TNA

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN and DAN MANLEY

Published: 13 Aug 2008

WWE legend Mick Foley will jump to rival wrestling group TNA next month, a close friend has told The Sun.

The hardcore icon has become frustrated with his role as a commentator on Smackdown and wants to leave Vince McMahon?s company when his contract expires on September 1.

And he is so determined to make an IMPACT for his new employers, that he?s even willing to get back in the ring.

Foley?s pal told us: ?Mick's body cannot handle a full time schedule, even in TNA.

?But he's hell bent on doing everything he can to further his legacy and put them on the map.

"So Mick's plan is to wrestle select dates, like Sting currently does.

?He feels he will legitimately make a big difference in the way TNA Wrestling is perceived by the public!?

Mick missed last night?s Smackdown TV taping for the second week running, with Tazz once again taking his announcer spot beside Jim Ross.

Last week, Foley told a newspaper: ?At this point, there is a good chance, through mutual agreement that I will not be renewing my contract.

?Creatively, the announcing job wasn't working out too well.?

The hardcore legend almost went to TNA once before, in 2005, but decided to sign a new deal with the WWE at the last moment.

12. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

It sucks that Mick won't be involved in WWE any more, but him going to TNA really doesn't mean much on their end. TNA is just flat awful in every way, and Mick really isn't going to wrestle much at this point, like the article said.

But I have been thinking over the past few days about ways to make the WWE better, and one of the things is bringing back some of those awesome stables that were present when I was growing up. With this whole brand splitting thing it has kept the same tiny roster on each side wrestling against each other over and over, I want the old days when everyone could be everywhere. That's kind of a whole new issue though, so I'll get back my original point, recreating some stables, like, the Nation of Domination.

As far as heel stables go, the Nation was terrific. They were one of those heel stables that were so good at what they did that they had a lot of fans too. It'd be tough to replace that original dynamic with Farooq, Crush and Savio Vega, so I'm thinking more latter stages (when Farooq said he wanted to make it "blacker").

There were a few guys that were in without question, Crime Time being the most important. Every stable needs a good tag team, and they are quality. Shad could be a good singles guy in the future too, and I get the feeling GTG has the mic skills down.

Another guy I want, and this may not work out, because he'd also be very effective as their biggest rival, is Kofi Kingston. It really wouldn't make much sense, but I get the feeling they don't really know where to go with him story line wise right now. Throw him in the nation, have some decent feuds, and then break away.

Now for the most important spots, the leader, and the 2nd in command that will eventually feud for that leadership. I'm thinking MVP and Shelton Benjamin. Both have decent ring skills, MVP having the mic talent to handle such a role. What they're doing with both is just dumb in my mind, The gold standard is cheesy as hell, but he's got some sick natural talent. He'll never be the Rock, but can hopefully carry half of a rivalry. MVP can drop this stupid highest paid Smackdown wrestler thing, switch over to being under-appreciated, necessitating the re-created of the Nation.

Dumb idea I know, but hell, I'm bored.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

Stables make wrestling watchable. It's no surprise wresting was at it's heyday when it had dominant stables.

14. FITM

If you find a feed, please post it.

15. Drew

Drew Active Member

http://channelsurfing.net/

I used the first link for it.

Santino = new IC champ, FTW!

16. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Thanks. I don't know who this "Justin" person is, but I've been real fond of him the past couple of weeks. Keep this up, and I may not have to leave home to watch football (At least until the injunctions and lawsuits start. Free is fun while it lasts)

17. FITM

[​IMG]

Yeah. Double feature.

Hollllllllllllaaaaa.

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Can anyone give me a rundown of SummerSlam/Raw last night? My frigging DVR went bezerk and I lost almost all of RAW. I managed to catch like the last 20 or so minutes. Long enough to see Punk lose.

I was out of town last week, so I just got to see last week's episode. The mask deal was stupid. Did they say anything further this week? (I was actually wondering where Rey Mastrio had been. Ever since the short Santino feud, he's been MIA. It was a pretty silly direction for the mask bit though.)

19. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

It wasn't anything special Alio.

Jericho opened with some crappy "Blah Blah I'm underappreciated Michaels is mean" stuff.

Batista kicked the nuts off of Paul Burchill after that, for what reason this match existed I have no idea.

In the back Adamle was going to interview Carlito's brother, Primo something, who just joined Raw, but that cut to Cena and Batista sharing an awkward moment of handshaking.

Mickie James and Kelly Kelly beat Jillian Hall and Katie Lea Burchill.

Santino fought DLo for the IC Belt. Beth came in the ring and stood in front of the near death Santino when DLo was about to do the Frog Splash, then she smacked him getting the DQ. Kingston was announcing, and smacked Santoni around a little too.

In the time it took me to make some pop tarts, JBL hit Jamie Noble with 3 clotheslines from hell and they stopped the match.

Cena beat Rhodes and DiBiase, no one cared.

Kane came out talking about how he beat the crap out of Mysterio in a parking lot a few weeks back. Then Batista came out to defend Rey I guess, got chokeslammed. They changed Kane's music too, no longer the Finger Eleven cover of his old them, now it's just eery stuff like Taker.

You saw the Jericho-Punk thing, and they're doing this championship scramble thing too, where it's last guy with the title after 20 minutes is champ.

I'm throwing out a prediction right now, Punk pins JBL for the Title with seconds left.

20. devils744

devils744 New Member

i thought raw was pretty decent last night. however the main event at the next pay per view doesn't seem all that thrilling.