The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Does that mean drugs, or that he was out of shape?

I thought from the beginning that this would have something to do with Taker. He wasn't forced into retirement, he was banned from wrestling by Guerrero.

All I can hope is that the storyline does go down this route, and culminates not just with the return of the Undertaker (and hopefully Paul Bearer), but with the stripping of the GM title from Vicky G. That bitch is simply horrid on the microphone. I'd rather listen to a dozen hands scratch a blackboard than her voice.

EXCUSE ME!
    EXCUSE ME!

STFU BITCH!

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Drugs.

That'd be funny if he was suspended just for being out of shape. Viscera would be suspended indefinitely since the Mabel days.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Haha, good point.

Any idea what he was doing? Steroids? He didn't really appear to be in proper shape to be doing 'roids.

Is he coming back to take over the GM position? I loved him as GM.

4. Beamen

Beamen New Member

^ It would make sense for him to come back as GM, as RAW has been making a big deal about being in 'chaos' since the draft...

And I'm pretty sure 99% of the time when a wrestler is suspended because of a wellness policy violation, it's roids, or HGH.

Their rules are nearly as strict as the NFL or MLB, except they are very good at disguising suspensions as injuries, or incorporating them into storylines... And since WWE is continuous, and most of these guys perform once a week on national TV, a month-long or two-month suspension can usually go by without many people really noticing...

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I read that he said it was something that happened by accident, but a lot of people don't believe him because he had drug problems in the past.

6. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Another note on the GAB last night...

WWE finally took a hint and had JBL wrestle with a shirt on, concealing his man-boobs...

That match, by the way, was SO STUPID... I really believe that the JBL/Cena feud is just there to entertain the youngest generation of WWE fans... Because wrestling fans are by no means an intellectually superior crowd, but I find it hard to believe that anyone over the age of 10 actually enjoys that crap...

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

I was at the Bash and thought that match was great even if I was watching it on the titantron until they made their way out. It was something different, attitude era-esque. I was sitting really close to the stage which was sick when they came out. I took a video of them fighting on the stage including Cena getting thrown onto the car. I'll have them up sometime tomorrow.

8. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Maybe I hated it so much because, on the broadcast, there was no commentary, and it was just grunting from JBL and Cena...

And the combination of the lighting the car on fire and then Cena ramming the other car with the forklift was just stupid to me...

But I did think it picked up a lot once they got out on the stage, and the crowd noise was there, they started actually using their moves, and the commentary returned...

But still, that storyline has been so lame, and forced, I can't stand it....

9. KSJets

KSJets New Member

If the WWE wrestlers would get suspended for being out of shape, then we would never see JBL on tv...ever.

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

How did they explain what JBL did last week? Cena roll out of the way in the nick of time? :)

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

I enjoyed it alot.

The whole PPV on a whole was quite enjoyable, I thought. Michaels/Jericho put on a great match. I'm disappointed with the Edge/HHH match, though.

12. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES WWE STUDIOS
    By: Press Release
    7/21/2008 3:38:58 PM

World Wrestling Entertainment? Announces WWE Studios

STAMFORD, Conn., July 21, 2008 ? WWE? is changing the name of its Los Angeles-based subsidiary from WWE Films to WWE Studios to better represent its focus on creating a diversified mix of filmed entertainment, including theatrical films, direct-to-DVD movies, and scripted television movies, series and reality programming.

?The name change reflects our focus on expanding the variety of projects that WWE intends to pursue, from theatrical films to direct-to-DVD to television and other media platforms,? said Michael Lake, President, WWE Studios. ?WWE Studios will continue to pursue opportunities which expand the integration of the WWE brand and its Superstars into filmed entertainment.?

In early 2009, WWE Superstar John Cena?s latest theatrical film ?12 Rounds,? directed by Renny Harlin, will be released by 20th Century Fox, under the WWE first look deal with Fox Atomic. WWE Studios, in conjunction with 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, also will debut its first direct-to-DVD film, ?Behind Enemy Lines: Columbia,? starring WWE Superstar Mr. Kennedy. Since the subsidiary?s formal inception in 2002, WWE has produced three motion pictures: ?See No Evil,? ?The Condemned ?and ?The Marine.?

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The Cena-Cryme Tyme match was pretty good. With Cryme Tyme, Cena is actually growing on me.

ACK! Did I just write that?

14. Beamen

Beamen New Member

^ Ha! I've been thinking the same thing for a while now...

I think they should make that a legitimate stable (let them have a name, and go to the ring/do promos together), and let their role be to fuck over JBL, Rhodes and DiBiase every chance they get...

That'd keep Cena out of the championship picture, and make both of those guys (Cena & JBL) more entertaining...

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

D-Lo Brown?!?!

:rofl:

16. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Ahahaha!

Santino + Beth Phoenix = GOLD

I read somewhere that they were gonna use Santino to push a Diva with no mic skills.... Ohhh boy

#956 Beamen, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Well, there you go. Good stuff.

18. Beamen

Beamen New Member

No idea what angle they're playing at now, with Batista and Cena going at it at the end of RAW....

We'll see...

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I really don't like the constant interference angle with Punk. It's as though the WWE is trying to say "Yeah, Punk is a great character, worthy of the show's top-title, but he's not good enough to actually, you know, defend it".

Come on Vince. Let Punk win legit. I'm sure they're trying to spark a feud or something, but come on.

20. Beamen

Beamen New Member

^ It reminds me of what they were doing on SmackDown! for the longest time with Edge as the champion....

Punk has shown me the last two nights. that despite walking a little like an awakward duck, that he really has a lot of talent in the ring, and can ABSOLUTELY carry a match...

In my opinion, if they can push a guy Rey Mysterio's size to a legitimate championship, they should allow Punk to get a few legitimate victories as the World Heavyweight Champion..