The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Kinda OT, but has anyone watched the show on after RAW? The one about the Witness Protection Program? I've seen the first one, and I watched last night. Not bad. I find the actress strangely hot. She's nothing particularly special, but something about her...

Speaking of hot. Thank you WWE for bringing Kelly Kelly to RAW. "Talent" like that should not be secluded to Extremely Crappy Wrestling.

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It's Mary McCormack, and I agree.

3. KSJets

KSJets New Member

USA has a bunch of really nice original series IMO. My favorite is Psych. Hysterical show.

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Thanks for the link...I'll watch it when I get home. I was too busy with what I was doing, but I do remember hearing some screaming so that's probably what it was.

Personally, I think they should stick Kane back in his original outfit, throw the mask back on, and for the love of God, let the guy grow his hair back out instead of that stupid haircut. I loved Kane's character...before they took the mask off. Just let him beat the shit out of people like he used to. The whole "humanizing" of Kane ruined the character IMO.

5. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Kane didn't want the mask anymore. Had trouble breathing with it on.

6. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Who cares...he looked damn cool with it on :grin:

7. FITM

If he was used correctly, his character could carry a show, just like the Undertaker did. But, Vince has failed to use him right since he took the mask off.

8. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The best part about those two is that they really don't even need to speak. Just head to the ring, kick some ass, sit up after getting smashed in the head with something, and then kick some more ass.

The minute they open their mouths to talk is when their characters lose whatever coolness they had. Not so much with the Undertaker, and the "rest in peace" lines, but more so with Kane. Just let the Big Red Machine get back to destroying people. Instead, he's usually the one doing most of the jobbing.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

See, I can't stand top-billing guys who aren't talented promo artists. Kane just doesn't seem like a top-billing guy to me. The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Edge, Cena, Jericho, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair. Those are the guys who should hold the titles. If you can't hold your own on the microphone, you're worthless IMO.

After enough matches, everything is the same. It's the lines that guys come up with during the top of the hour that make or break them.

10. Beamen

Beamen New Member

^ I agree, even though if a guy is REALLY talented in the ring, I can deal with a "monster" character holding a title for a little while....

Speaking of which, I would LOVE to see Umaga put into the title hunt on Smackdown!....

11. FITM

That's the problem. If it came down to athleticism and talent in the ring, Kane would be top five in the company without doubt. But since you can't work the mic, you can't be the top draw.

I agree Kane needs to go quiet again and bring back Paul Bearer to work the mic for him for one last title run.

[​IMG]

12. FITM

What a change from 2004 to 2007.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Get him someone to talk for him, and yeah, I'd have zero issue with him being champ.

14. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Cena holds his own on the microphone? I think he's been god awful for a few years now.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If Batista doesn't DOMINATE CM Punk, then Wrestling will prove how fake it is.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Well, let me clarify what I mean. As far as the character goes, Cena sucks. However, he is able to handle himself with the microphone in his hand, which matters to me.

I see him as sort of an anti-Jericho. Where Jericho is the heel you can't help but like, Cena is the face you can't help but loathe.

He can handle himself during a promo though. Compare him to, say, Kane, and you have a night and day comparison. A better example would be: would you rather watch a promo with Cena or Orton?

You need more proof than McMahon actually admitting it publicly?

17. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Rey Mysterio beating Big Show, Jeff Hardy repeatedly beating Umaga, Eugene beating HHH in a PPV main event (remember when Eugene ruled wrestling?), but this is your proof?!

Still, what gave it away for you? :rofl2:

18. Beamen

Beamen New Member

^ Ahhahah! I forgot all about Eugene!

WWE working the mentally disabled angle = Classic!

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Hmm... that's a tough one. Orton's just generically awful, but Cena tries to be funny and it's painful. I guess Orton, but Cena if he has Cryme Tyme with him.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha I just looked at the wwe website and saw that was the matchup. I don't know much about wwe but looking at those two, I dont see how Batista could lose in a real life matchup.