The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Really nice guy too, extremely gracious to the fans. I went to a Fozzy show at a local club, after the concert, Jericho stayed around and shook hands/signed stuff for a couple hours. It's unusual for a celebrity to be that dedicated to his fans, other bands that I've seen there always haul ass immediately after the last set.

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'm actually going to his book signing when he comes to NYC. Can't wait to meet him.

3. Ten

Ten Active Member

The thing with Triple H is that he's only really got 4 moves,pedigree,spinebuster,knee to the face and flying knee to the face.After not watching wrestling for about 5 years a bit of a letdown to see HHH doing the exact same thing.

4. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I guess that's true, but he sells it well, and always puts on a good show.... I put him up there with those other guys simply because of the entertainment value........ I see him as a straight up brawler, but not the boring type...

They had him and Shelton Benjamin in a match a few weeks ago, and that was one of the most entertaining matches I've seen in a long time.... (even though I don't bother with the PPVs, so maybe I've missed some better matches)

5. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

I have great memories of the Link vs which ever of the Von Eric's. He was OVER as a heal and loved at the same time. How can we forget the Linker head butt? May he RIP.

6. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

So finally, Vince is forced to let somebody else be champ. Its only a year overdue.

7. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Thank God! Raw will be watchable again!

8. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

CENA'S GONE!!!!! 6-8 months, the title is vacant.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Having the title for over a year is very impressive. Hopefully they do a tournament Wrestle Mania IV style

10. Drew

Drew Active Member

Orton vs. ???

God I hope it's Jericho.

11. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Me and you both my man. There's still alot of guys with nothing to do at No Mercy. Sucks for trips that he's in his program vs. Umaga and Vince although they don't need to put the title on him yet. I wouldn't mind seeing it be Hardy, and I'd love it to be Kennedy although both seem unlikely.

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

I could see a Orton/HHH/Umaga triple threat for the title.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I'm looking forward to the expected HHH revenge storyline after that move Orton pulled to get the title back.... HHH is at his best when he's vengeful

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'll take a wild guess and say Jericho should be back by Cyber Sunday?

17. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

WWE HALL OF FAMER FABULOUS MOOLAH PASSES AWAY
    By: Bob Ryder
    11/3/2007 12:00:43 PM

WWE announced today the passing of the legendary Fabulous Moolah. Her legendary career spanned over 50 years and remained active on WWE programming long after she retired from in-ring competition.

Everyone at 1Wrestling.com sends out condolences to the friends and family of Fabulous Moolah.

18. Ten

Ten Active Member

The son of the British bulldog is suspended for steroid use.

19. devils744

devils744 New Member

as has chris masters. shocking

20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Fabulous Moolah

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/04/obit.ellison.ap/index.html

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (AP) -- Lillian Ellison, professional wrestling's Fabulous Moolah, has died. She was 84.

Ellison died Friday, according to Dunbar Funeral Home in Columbia.

Born Mary Lillian Ellison in 1923, she was dubbed the Fabulous Moolah after saying she wrestled "for the money ... for the moolah."

She was a longtime champion and the first woman inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame. Her autobiography, "The Fabulous Moolah: First Goddess of the Squared Circle," was published in 2003.

Her daughter, Mary Austin said her mother had six grandchildren and six great-grandchildren, loved her family and wrestling.

"She was famous, but I never looked at her that way," Austin told The State. "She was just Mom, someone that was always there for me. Someone I could turn to."

Ellison grew up in the small Kershaw County community of Tookiedoo, the youngest of 13 children and the only girl. Austin said her mother had six grandchildren and six great-grandchildren, loved her family and wrestling.

Her obituary from the funeral home lists 63-year-old Katie Glass of Columbia as Ellison's adopted daughter. Glass, known as "Diamond Lil," was a professional midget wrestler for 25 years. She said she was just 17 when she moved to Columbia to live with Ellison and learn to wrestle.

"She just taught me the basics, the holds, how to get somebody down, lock them down and everything," Glass told The State.

Glass said she will miss Ellison.

"It's going to be hard, I'll tell you," Glass said. "We're doing the best we can. She was there for me. She's a very nice lady. I'm going to miss her dearly and I love her very much." E-mail to a friend E-mail to a friend