The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

The Missing Link passes away.

John "Dewey" Robertson, known to wrestling fans around the world as The Missing Link passed away 3:30 am this morning in his native Hamilton, Canada after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 68 years old. Robertoon began his career in the 1960's as the prot?g? of Whipper Billy Watson and also used the ring names Troy Steel and the Masked Crusader. But Robertson's biggest wrestling success would be portraying the mute, green faced, Neanderthal-like "Missing Link" Character. Robertson had runs with Bill Watt's Mid-South Wrestling, the Von Erich's World Class Championship Wrestling and a brief run in the WWF, with Bobby Heenan as his manager.

Robertson retired and left the business for a while, but returned to it in 2004 working religious based Independent shows. He released an autobiography entitled, "Bang Your Head," in which he discussed his career, battles with drug addiction, homelessness, and returning to Canada where he would turn his life around.

[​IMG]

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

Just won an ebay bid... going to Summerslam on Sunday.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

"Chris Benoit is a better father than Flavor Flav..." - Jimmy Kimmel at the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav

That has to be one of the most evil/hilarious comments that I have ever heard...and it belongs right here, in the wrestling thread.

4. Drew

Drew Active Member

SummerSlam tonight! I'm very excited.

I hope Cena loses. I hate that fuck.

5. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Terrible summerslam. I hate Cena. Another pay per view, another month of dealing with this asshole getting shoved down the wrestling world. Rey's body paint looked awful. Khali-Batista was a joke with a terrible ending. Umaga destroying Carlito and Kennedy made no sense to me.

6. Drew

Drew Active Member

7. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I'm definitely going to go to Royal Rumble '08 if I have the money. My friends went to SummerSlam last night. When they bought tickets, I was broke, otherwise I would have gone to that, too.

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

It was cool to go and everything but it definitely wouldn't have been worth spending more than I did ($60). The show was pretty lame overall. It had some cool points like HHH's return and Mysterio's entrance was pretty cool but it wasn't spectacular. I'll definitely do the Rumble if I can come across tickets. I was reading a rumor that well... SPOILERS

the McMahon son/Kennedy thing was going to result in a match at the rumble where Shane takes on Kennedy. I can see Shane doing something stupid for my enjoyment... I'm there.

end spoiler.

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I hear SummerSlam wasn't even that good. I'm glad I didn't wind up going.

Drew, they confirmed that RR08' will be at MSG, last night? If so, great news, I'm def. going to try and get tickets.

10. Drew

Drew Active Member

Nah... I just read it online a few hours ago.

11. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Really good Raw to follow up a shitty Summerslam.

12. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

WWE has suspended 10 wrestlers fro failing drug tests.

I've searched various wrestling site, but noone has released the names yet, which to me means they are low level guys. Had there been a big name or two you would think there would have been a leak to the press.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2998062

13. Drew

Drew Active Member

Apparently Orton, Edge, Batista, Kennedy, Umaga, and John Morrison are all possibilities. Sucks.

14. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Then there's this, from an article on SI.com

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

16. vcoach

vcoach New Member

i hate

this "rule" about having to have 10 posts to get the link given by another poster

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

roast-beefin' it.

18. Drew

Drew Active Member

YES!

I've been a HUGE Jericho fan for a long time and I'm so damn excited. I'll be watching every week now.

19. Ten

Ten Active Member

I caught up with the wwe this summer and man how crap has it got.There is so much talking and pointless interviews and too few matches,and some guys take way too long to make their entrance to the ring.The undertaker takes about 7 minutes to get to the ring for a 5 minute match.

And it doesn't help that most of the top good guy wrestlers are as exciting as cardboard.Cena matches bore me to death,he only has about 3 moves.Batista can't wrestle and can't sell his opponents moves.The great Khali?Give me a break.Off the top of my head,the only guys worth watching in the wwe are the Hardys,London and Kendrick,Cade and Murdoch,Carlito,Kane,Finlay.I would of said Kennedy if he wasn't roided up.Getting Jerricho would be a big plus,he's actually a main eventer.

TNA puts on a much better product in the ring,but it also has the silly soap-opera storylines of the wwe.

20. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I agree with a lot of that, but you're going to say HHH isn't worth watching? He's one of those guys who when he's in the ring, my attention's captured the whole time.... Also, MVP is fun to watch in the ring too (wish he would drop his stupid gimmick though).... Batista was better when he had better competition (HHH, namely).... This whole Khali thing is bogus....

I swear if I see Khali grab Batista's head again and win a match/make Batista scream, I'm going to kill myself...