The Week 7 Ben Graham Report

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Camberwell. Inner easter Melbourne. Where his house is one of the better spots in the city

2. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

This is the full blown bio on Mangini at the Jets' official site.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/coaches/eric-mangini

This is his first year as a head coach, and he was only a defensive coordinator (top defensive coach for a NFL team) for one year before the Jets hired him away from our arch rivals, the New England Patriots. The Jets stole the NE HC (head coach) Parcells away from them one year, and had to pay for him in draft picks. Then they stole our HC too several years later, and paid with draft picks. Mangini left the Jets for NE with that coach, Bill Belichick.

Many writers critisized the Mangini hire, saying he was too inexperienced and too young. All of these coaches were on the same staff at some point, mostly under Bill Parcels, and all have similar coaching philosophies. These coaches are referred to as being from the same coaching "tree". Mangini scouted Graham many years ago for the Jets when he was visiting his brother who lives in Australia.

You sound like you are researching for an article here! Hey! Do your own research! Or at least give me a credit!

I'd have to go through the official team's site and yearly rosters to give you an accurate list of the Jets punters before Graham, but they weren't good. I don't think we've had a good one since Jennings, until Graham arrived. Aguiar wasn't awful, but he was inconsistant.

Maybe I can throw something together during the bye week.

3. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

I missed the 2nd half of the lions game and must have missed Ben do that. Hell, id pay to see him just line up under centre, must have freaked out the lions for them to burn a TO. hahahahah

gold

i love how trick, gadget or just plain different line ups can cause so much distress for the other team...

go jets!!

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Here's a pic of the two punting styles Ben uses, as TBJ described in the original post.

Pic courtesy of david1023's torrents. :up:
    [​IMG]

#84 Kris 15, Oct 27, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2006