The upcoming resergence of the New York Jets, lead by Mark Sanchez.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Organized Chaos, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

If we win out, what do you do about the QB position next year? Or the GM position ? Or the HC position ? Or the OC position ?

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I can totally see the Jets going 8-8, missing the playoffs but Mark Rexenbaum getting another year together due to the Revis and Holmes injuries.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Thanks! ...filler...

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

For the 100th time Rex & Mike contracts DO NOT expire until the end of NEXT SEASON :sad:

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

And ? Your point ?

6. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

Then trading up 3 spots in the 1st round, at a cost of the 2nd and 4th round picks, for a DE or DB that we do not need.

7. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

Sort of like you and your English.

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm kind of torn on this too. On the one hand I think it would be good for us to tank it for the rest of the season and get a better draft slot and hopefully improve that way. On the other hand I a) don't like cheering against my team and b) say we do finish 8-8, considering we were without our best player and our only WR with any level of experience (although it could be argued he's more of a problem than a benefit). Odds are 9-7 would clinch a WC spot and obviously 10-6 would no problem. Well, I'd have to think we'd have enough of an edge with those guys to win an extra game or two. I know every team has injuries and that's part of the game, but, really, those were two pretty key cogs in our wheel. Even if it was Cro and Kerley, who are among our best at their positions, I think our record looks a lot different.

Still, making the playoffs isn't the goal, it's winning the Super Bowl. I don't think this team is capable of that as it is now. I think they still need to add a legit #1 RB, another good receiver (on top of Holmes) and make some changes to our LBs (too slow, can't tackle). Special teams needs a lot of work. Sanchez is, of course, a bone of contention. I think he can (and will) be much better than he was this year but not sure if he's good enough to lead us to a Super Bowl, unless we get a real star RB and he's more of a game manager a la Alex Smith.

So, yeah, I guess I'll just watch and cheer along but take solace in the fact that each loss just means a better draft pick which (hopefully) will help us improve long term.

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]lb8fWUUXeKM[/YOUTUBE]

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This team fucking sucks, and needs to be rebuilt. Why should we care that we are beating a bunch of bottom feeders? - that means nothing at all. Can't compete against good teams, beat bad teams. Thanks but no thanks. Gut this shit. I saw enough after the Patriots game and our self inflicted wounds game in and game out.

11. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

[youtube]W42iiCcFbxE[/youtube]

Seriously though, I don't think that 2 or 3 late season wins against bottom feeders is going to change Woody's mind about Rex, Tannenbaum, or Sanchez.

12. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Nice post OP. Good analysis and I too would like to remain positive.....but I still worry about Sanchez...the next butt fumble caliber mistake could happen at any time.

That aside, Ind has to play Houston twice so 6 losses for them is likely. I believe they'll lose at least one other game and fall to 9-7. If we run the table, we'll make the playoff imho but it's hard to expect 5 in a row when you can't win two in a month.

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Beating a bunch of bottom feeders while losing to good teams is not fucking sucking. It's being mediocre. We've competed against both Houston and the first Patriots game. However, as you said, we couldn't get past the self inflicted wounds,.

Finishing 9-7 is a bit above mediocre. Make the playoffs, and your regular season record doesn't matter at all. Everyone starts 0-0 and anyone can make a run to win the whole thing.

14. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

It would be a miracle if the Jets finish the season 8-8. It's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That depends how far we get in the playoffs. If Sanchez steps up, takes the team on his shoulders and we win out and make it to the AFC championship again without Holmes, it'll show we're not all that far off. If we go 2-3 then it shows we need major work, especially on offense. I don't think we'll be overhauling unless we lose out or go 1-4, though. Needing work, isn't the same as firing everyone and starting from scratch. Don't forget our defense is still very good and just a couple young linebackers away from being elite. What if we win out, sneak in the playoffs and things go our way and we win the superbowl? I know it's unlikely, but if that happens, that would be the best result, not hoping to choke and overhaul everything. You really can't just say winning out gives us a false sense of security. It could just be the team clicking at the right time. The odds have been very much against us this year with injuries and everything else. We'll see. We just gotta take it one game at a time. No reason to think NOW about what to do next off season. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. At this point it's still up for grabs. The Giants defied the odds last year, now its our turn.

#35 Barcs, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good analysis by the OP, but the result of a few more wins might mask once again the undelying problem that needs to get fixed now.
    A) Tanny needs to go. Will Johnson eat one year of his contract. I doubt it
    B) Sparano, most of the OCs, and the whole talent and personnel evaluation crew needs to be let go to. Either they are incompetent or somebody above them is overruling their choices with bad moves...i.e Sanchez, Goldston,Tebow, to some extent Coples based on our many needs and weak draft in the later rounds. Many of you can fill in the blanks
    C) Our lack of depth is horrific and points the finger squarely at Tanny and to Rex
    D) Can Johnson get the message that a football strong franchise will sell PSLs not gimmicks. Leadeship with football know how will attract and develop talent. Financial wizzards make business decisions that are detrimental to the long term health of the team and field run-of-the-mill teams forever more.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The NYJ will not win the VLT in 2013 is his point.

18. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Can understand wanting Tanny or Sanchez to go...but Rex hasnt even had a losing season and people want him gone already. Shaking my head.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I want the team to win actually.

Tanking the season is not the way to go. It instills losing atmosphere, and kills whatever good they were doing already.

On top of that, Jets suck at drafting anyway so having top-10 pick means virtually nothing.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Whenever I hear "lose for a better draft pick..." crap all I can think of is the years of shitty picks this team has made...... not to mention losing season