The Tank Is On - Tankathon 2023 (Jets pick 10th in 2024 Draft)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, Nov 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t see top picks doing it, but it’d definitely be a draw to fringe first round juniors or lower.

The effect on the NFL will be interesting. A couple of points and there will certainly be counterpoints to it.

1 - College players are going to be multi-millionaires before they even get to their first contract. They will want to get to the second of course, but how long will they ultimately want to play?

2 - They’re incentivized to stay in college more than they ever have been. That means older rookies and players aging out of their talent quicker in the NFL because they’re simply older.

3 - Second contracts might push players to be closer to 27-29 rather than 26-28.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I could go on and on about how the suit-wearing douches are destroying NCAA sports but I wont but this right here is key.

I used to tell people not to boo or criticize the players on their college teams. I was THAT guy, telling them not to do it. Criticize the coaches instead. But shit now they are professionals that do it for a living, not the love of the sport. Boo em as you see fit

I suppose they could be more ready for that type of environment when they go to the NFL/NBA now.

Playing for the Jets or Knicks and disappointing is hard. But making millions for Ole Miss football or UNC basketball and disappointing might be just as hard

#122 BrowningNagle, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  3. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

The underlying disdain is certainly present in watching freaking Zappe throw more TD tonight then our QBs have combined over the last 5 weeks, but you go NE. Get that W tonight and take that draft spot positioning hit that hopefully adds up latter.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Exactly. Rooting for Pats so they pick outside Top 5. Let’s hope they can keep the Steelers af bay.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Then root like hell for the OLine to play exactly the same and Zach to play like Zach for the rest of the year. Wins are not our friend..

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

This is good, if NE holds on tonight and beats us in the final week we will pick ahead of them

NY Jets68 and REVISion like this.
  7. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I'm completely convinced that it's written in the stars that this isn't the team that is breaking the streak.

It's the Washington game and the potential ramifications there I'm most worried about accidentally winning.

8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Do you meam '86? I remember that team being great. The collapse at the end sucked, but they turned it back on for the playoffs. And then of course Cleveland.

I remember making the playoffs in '85 and losing to New England, but don't remember much else about that year for some reason.

#128 The_Darksider, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    stinkyB likes this.
  9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's absolutely typical Jets that they could start the season with a future Hall of Fame QB under center and find a way to pick in the top 2 or 3, which is where we're headed thanks to tonight's game should the Pats hold on. Lose out, Chicago picks up a win, and it's on to the top 3. Top 2 if Arizona can pick up a win somewhere.

Brook!, abyzmul and The_Darksider like this.
  10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

So funny, I was just thinking that a few minutes ago. We started the year talking about legitimate Super Bowl aspirations, and suddenly we're now in serious contention for the 3 overall.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Arizona plays Chicago and Seattle week 18
    Chicago still has Atlanta GB Cleveland and Arizona.

the hardest part of the tank is going to be us actually losing out lol

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It really felt like the Pats were trying to blow that lead. The punter took his sweet ass time on the punt that got blocked. Extremely conservative running gameplan in the second half.

Good thing Mitch Trubisky sucks ass.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets are on their way to perfecting the accidental tank. You have to appreciate this as an artform sometimes. Layers upon layers of fail.

14. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I think a lot of you are going to be thoroughly disappointed thinking this team will lose out. We suck at losing, too.

15. BrowningNagle

you have to score touchdowns to win though

Savatage likes this.
  16. dawinner127

Kind of where I’m at. Hardest part of this tank is going to be losing out but if anyone scores 2 TDs on us it’s an L. We are averaging less than one a game lol.

Savatage likes this.
  17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Not to be the negative guy but its too bad this is happening in a year where our 2nd pick is going to practically end up being another 1st round talent and we don't get it. Thats gonna hurt come draft day.

18. dawinner127

It’s like that offside on the punt was called in from belichick and the nfl said no no no. You aren’t doing this today Bill

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. dawinner127

Texans over Jets
    Titans over Miami
    Bears over Lions
    Giants over Packers
    Philly over Dallas
    Seattle over SF

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

one silver lining is that there may be less "1 hit wonder" draft busts with kids playing out their college string...

Ralebird and KY Jets Fan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.