The Tank Is On - Tankathon 2023 (Jets pick 10th in 2024 Draft)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, Nov 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, probably DT this time. Or you think DE again since, you know, we can never have enough pass rushers? You know how JD is playing chess while others are playing checkers.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Well, least the pats are screwing themselves even worse atm. Win tonight drops them to 4th and further down the QB of your choice list.

So there is that to take out of today.

If we were to lose that last game and potentially knock them out of being in position to get one of the better QB period....

mezzavo likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sometimes, Clarence - it's best to just let the drowning man drown in the icy river.

NY Jets68, The_Darksider and Cman68 like this.
  4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

So sad that this is what we've been reduced to...

5. Kronoking

Or it can very likely get even worse then that.

I get you are choosing to simply lay the entire blame game solely at JD's feet, but the fairly obvious mandate coming down from Woody to cater to Rodgers and do whatever it takes within reason to make *him* feel most comfortable is still a very real/present accompanying piece of the big picture consideration puzzle there.

Dropping down past the obvious best-in-class upgrade choices, that essentially pick themselves, can indeed lead to some very muddy consideration waters. Where the next thing you know we start hearing a lot about how DEEP this draft is expected to be at OT even beyond the 1st round, as our own 1st round pick is being shipped out the door to LV for Davante Adams. Which LV will insist on despite all the pre-trade chimes in speculation here that "no way he should cost that much in a trade", but like last year's trade comp talks....the Jets will ultimately default to doing what they do best. Being a really poorly run franchise.

The_Darksider and ouchy like this.
  6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Regardless of where the pick lands, sleepy Joe D will draft an insignificant player for '24. We're talking about a guy who can't even roster a backup QB who belongs in the NFL.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We've entered that special time of Jets seasons where both losing and winning feel bad.

8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This.

Having been through it with this idiot before, as soon as the entire management team jumped on an airplane to go beg someone to be part of their organization, I knew it was him orchestrating the entire thing. I knew something would go terribly wrong, but the extent that it's happened has surprised even me.

Cman68 and ouchy like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I just don't see JD giving up the 1st. He wouldn't even do it for Rodgers, even if speculation that Woody forced his hand is true. I think we keep the 1st round pick, and Adams will at most cost the 3d, or maybe 4th. But either way, I am confident the 1st rounder stays. And I think we can agree Woody wasn't forcing JD to pick Becton over Wirfs a couple of years back or McD this year.

Without Alt or Olu available, I just have no trust in JD to select the right player. There aren't any obvious guys - I guess Taliese Fuaga would be my pick in this range, and then maybe CJ Latham but they are no Joe Alt. Who knows what JD will do. There are fascinating times to come to be sure.

10. Kronoking

I don't ever make the extreme claim Woody (or Rodgers for that matter) is flat out "forcing" JD to anything. Just like I wouldn't go as far as to directly label my wife as "forcing" me to be sitting here typing this while celebrating Xmas in an upstate cabin that is a lot closer for that ideal pop-in visit/s to her side of the family. Where if it was *just* me and my own most prioritized considerations making that executive decision....we'd be celebrating Xmas while still in our own home right now. But alas, sometimes you just have to go along and buy into what *we* deemed best for the collective interest at hand.

Like i said the further down our pick drops the less comfortable I am then you with the idea that stupid won't end up ruling the day. I can totally see LV wanting to make the big time play of trading up to draft one of the big 3 QB, and adding our 1st rounder to their asset arsenal is likely what separates them from anybody else trying to do similar. They desperately want to trade up. We desperately want Adams. The fit for that is there.

A pick swap of our 1st for their 2nd included in the overall package. Then the same less then 15 second post-edit theme clip we saw thrown in last year's draft room "footage" of JD sitting at a table talking up how they actually were super high on and wanted whatever OL guy they take with that 2nd all along. Totally can see that happening.

#350 Kronoking, Dec 25, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Brilliant analogy, but I am not so sure JD had to be convinced to get Rodgers. Looking at the HBO (not even 1 JD propaganda) it sure looks like JD and Saleh wanted to be in that cabin really badly themselves. I mean Saleh was caught on camera pleasuring himself to Rodgers throwing that ball (perhaps not as good an analogy as yours but you get the idea). He wanted to be in that upstate cabin badly even without Woody.

What I am fairly certain of and have seen no evidence to the contrary is that JD could have negotiated a better deal and not prematurely accepting bad offer with 3 days still to go before the draft, that he didn't have to pencil in Duane as starting LT because of Woody nor picked another DE in the 1st round due to his influence. He fucked up these things all on his own. But as bad as he has been (with or without Woody's influence) giving up a 1st round pick for Adams, even in a swap, goes far beyond anything I have seen from him including juvenile handling of Rodgers trade. Let's see what happens, but I would be shocked at anything more than a 3d.

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

With tonight's loss, we're just a few outcomes away from being back in the top 5-6.

Giants over Rams
    Chargers over Broncos
    Titans over Texans
    Bears over Falcons

All 4 of those happen and we might have the 5th pick going into Week 18. Unsure if we'd hold the SOS tiebreaker over the Giants as we both have the same SOS as of right now.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

These are tough asks. Maybe we get one of these outcomes to stay at 8. Hopefully two? Must lose coming up at Foxboro Jan 7.

KY Jets Fan, REVISion and Jets79 like this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The Giants almost did us a solid, but ultimately pissed the game away, as expected. The Bears won, so, we are still at #8. NE moved up one to #3, and #2 is very possible for them. Truly a must lose game for the tank next weekend.

REVISion likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Belichick got this.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's what I am worried about - I think this cheating fucker understands what "win" means here. If we actually win this, which is really a huge loss, not a W, do we count this as losing to them 16 times in a row? Could this be that finally snapping a losing skid to NE would make us even more laughable than an actual loss? I think so.

17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Belichick kneeled to run out the half down 6 with 3 timeouts and 1 min left. They are absolutely tanking, and they will absolutely out-tank us because we are a dumb organization.

Good thing we beat the Commanders and Texans for our culture! I'm sure we'll miraculously turn into winners next year because of it.

We'd currently have the #2 overall pick if we hadn't won those 2 games. Surely the 2 meaningless wins will do more for our culture than Drake Maye, Marvin Harrison Jr., or a trade down for multiple 1st round picks would've.

HomeoftheJets and mezzavo like this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They had 5 turnovers and the ball was in their own 10 yard line .. i wouldn’t trust zappe to do anything either.

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think a lot depends on whether Belichick is coming back next year. If he is, he's going to throw the game. If he's not, he'll coach to win.

The_Darksider likes this.
  20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Point remains. Belichick was visibly upset when they made the FG to win last week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.