The Star Ledger strikes again . . . .

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mrmahon, Sep 11, 2012.

1. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

Just put it out there, hated the headline. There were other teams to win just as lopsided as we did, surprisingly the word surprising did not come up, why would that be? just asking.
    This is the first week, these media morons should have an open mind watching, not "the JETS" are gonna suck so winning will be a surprise.

Some examples:

Colts 21 - Bears 41

Falcons 40 - Chiefs 24

Bengals 13 - Ravens 44

#21 mrmahon, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I think most were surprised by the all around performance of the team. I picked the Jets but was still surprised, I certainly didn't expect them to put up more points in the first 31 minutes than they did in the entire preseason.

You say that you thought the Jets would hang 30 on the Bills but did you think that they would give Sanchez the protection they did, did you think Hill would have the game that he did, did you think they would score the most points of any team in the league?

Even if you thought they would win and put up 30, I think anyone that says they were not surprised by the performance yesterday is just not being completely forthright.

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The Bears were 3-1 in the preseason where they scored 89 pts, are a good team and the Colts were starting a rookie QB. Not Surprising.

Chiefs kept it close in the first half but the Falcons are a better team and the Chiefs made some mistakes. Not Surprising

Ravens-Bengals? C'mon

They Jets winning and dominating as they did was surprising, it does not matter what the margin of victory was in other games, the games you mentioned were not surprising in the outcome.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I took the Jets and the over for $2500, but even I was pleasantly surprised by the score.