The schedule the rest of the way

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cval, Oct 22, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It is different facing that team at home than it is in their building

Jets79 likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hmm. I think if get to 20, you will absolutely get these 6:
    - Atlanta
    - Washington
    - Houston
    - Pats
    - Vegas
    - Gmen

Need to figure out how to get 1 or 2 vs LAC, Buffalo, 2x Miami, Cleveland. Cleveland O stinks, more worried about Myles Garrett scoring than their O lol

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

True, although they were tied at almost halftime against the Bucs at their stadium last night. Is it just me or does Mayfield look horrendous, seriously I would take Zach in a second over him (not related just an observation). Not too worried about the Jills, that said if I was a betting man I wouldn't pick the Jets in that one :confused:. Regardless I think if we can get 20+ the rest of the way we will win enough to get in the dance.

5. BrowningNagle

Yeah it will be tough to even get 20 against Cleveland.

Until Zach Wilson / Robert Saleh / Joe Douglas beats the Patriots I have to pencil that one in as a loss.

REVISion, Jets79 and dawinner127 like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

the Bucs and Todd Bowles really pissed me off last night. The book is out on Buffalo. They struggle with getting open. You dont blitz them. You keep everything in front and they will get impatient trying to hit the deep ball

Todd Bowles though goes full Bowles, blitzes every down like he's never seen a Bills game before. That game I knew was in the bag early

I thought Mayfield hung in there, ok. He took a beating

7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

This exactly, I was shocked Bowles didn't back off a little. Excellent way of phrasing that, the book is certainly out on the Bills. Let them take what you are giving but pressure them with extra guys and Allen will play superman ball. That game was frustrating to watch..

Jets79 and BrowningNagle like this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I thought last night the Bills did a good job offensively. Allen was spreading the ball around instead of forcing everything to Diggs and it looks like Kincaid is emerging as a good TE who is developing chemistry with Allen. The Bills problem last night was McDermott got conservative after they went up 24-10. Otherwise, I thought the Bills offense was pretty good for the most part.

9. BrowningNagle

the Bucs needed a stop to stay in the game. It is third down, everybody on their couch knows that this is where Allen is going to try to find Diggs.

What do they do? they blitz the ONLY guy covering Diggs! Allen was looking there already, "thanks guys" too easy he's wide open

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’m not a huge Bowles fan…he may be a good DC, but he’s not a good HC

Watching that Bucs offense totally screw up time management was so painful…they were down 2 scores in the 4th quarter and there was NO sense of urgency. I knew they weren’t going to tie it up just watching the clock alone. And on D, there was that one play where they blitzed the guy who was lined up in front of Diggs…like what? If you’re going to blitz, any moron would tell you at least have someone up and pressing on Diggs instead of letting him go free…he’s their main guy. To leave him alone and hope your blitzer can get to a very mobile Josh Allen was just stupid.

Also, didn’t understand why they went for two on that late TD to get to within 6…was meaningless…sure they got it and that’s nice, but I don’t think it was worth the risk. Take the 7, make a defensive stop, and try to tie it up or go for 2 on the 2nd TD.

That being said, if Godwin turns and looks for the ball on that last Hail Mary, they win the game. Crazy

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I didn’t see them blitzing that much in the first half and Allen just killed them scrambling and running around.

The Buccaneers just need to blow the roster up. I get giving it one more go with the defense and Evans/Godwin but the roster is pretty beat. They have some young pieces they can build around.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

13. GasedAndConfused

Cleveland is scoring 22.3PPG and really only faced 2 good defenses where they scored 3 and 19 in those 2 games. 20 very likely beats Cleveland.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think they already do this to some extent. I've read/heard where they have QBs come up to the whiteboard, show where they made mistakes and why, diagram plays they ran that were really successful and explain how they read the and what they were looking for. I specifically remember their doing this with Zach and were impressed with his ability to read and diagnose. It's not like they're totally ignoring that aspect. I'm certain with new technology there is more they can do, and they can probably improve the testing as you mention.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

I think a big part of it is it's much easier to do it "on paper" then in real time on the field. it's part of why scouting a QB is so hard. I remember watching RG3 do it at the combine on some segment I seen and he was legit, and he was good as a rookie, but he fell off because he couldn't process fast enough and injuries took away his mobility advantage

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, I know they've done this for quite some time, but as you noted NC that doesn't provide any clue how they'll do it in a real game, under pressure, as G&C pointed out. That's why I'm saying they should be employing some form of AI or 3d gaming technology to simulate the game conditions. Of course it's not the same thing, but it would still introduce that "pressure" aspect into how they assess a situation and react. Frankly, I'm surprised no teams have done this, so maybe they have but are keeping it secret.

17. GasedAndConfused

Even a simulation can't really work. I can play madden just fine but doesn't mean I can be an NFL QB lol

18. BrowningNagle

Wilson would be great in a simulator.

I remember running backwards 50 yards in tecmo Super Bowl on Nintendo and launching mad touchdowns with my boys

stinkyB and Nyjets4eva like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about Madden, I'm talking about real AI and/or 3D simulation, where the QB is actually "playing" in real situations.

20. GasedAndConfused

I mean outside of the camera view, what would be different? it would still be a person in a VR headset reading a D pre-play and going through progressions before being tackled.