The rest of the season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bleedgreen, Sep 15, 2024.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This...this...this! Penalties piss me off to no end. Especially the 10-15yd. variety just as they are getting in FG range. I'm so utterly SICK of that bullshit I can't even tell you. FUCKING clean it up you morons!!!! It isn't that damn hard.

Personally, I'd put a line in the sand and say, "if this team gets this many penalties this year, Saleh is gone, REGARDLESS!!!" I don't give a shit if they DO somehow squeak into the playoffs. Penalties are a DIRECT RESULT OF SHITTY COACHING.

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. mezzavo

Fully agree...

3. mezzavo

Here's the thing...the "D" did NOT have to take a step back. That was a series of conscious decisions that were made. As well, the O-Line did NOT get as appreciably better as much as the D as taken steps backwards. Can't this team ever seem to meet in the "middle?"

4. mezzavo

I'll come find you Friday morning if the Patriots run up and down the fucking field on that turd of a defensive line. No amount of offense will matter if, like in the 49'er game, Rodgers' ass is stapled to the bench because our pantywaist run-D can't get off the field.

5. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I kinda feel this game extremely important. not only for standings, but as a tone setter for rest of season. 2 games under their belt. Williams big catch signals more playing time. Understanding how to use running backs. And so on. Defense played with subs last week. So if they have to go in again there is experience. JJ loss is certainly not good, but it can be overcome. So, a win is expected. If they lay an egg I think that goose is cooked. Kind of early to say game 3 crucial, but I think it is.

Jets79 likes this.
  6. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

OK. Game went as expected. Offense growing in capability. Defense playing well as a team. 2nd line players contributing. Granted against what appears to be week opponent, but they did what they were supposed to do.
    Now a long layoff. Historically, the Jets have performed poorly after bye weeks, but historically the didn't have AR. So, an expected win against Denver should be coming up. From here on, health becomes the biggest concern. If healthy, they will be competitive every game. The season becomes enjoyable.