The Real AFC East Prediction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by newcomer, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

11 wins will give the 4th seed?!

I don't see the Ravens/Bengals getting 11 wins.
    I don't see the Chargers getting 11 wins.

2. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

1) NYJ 11-5
    2) NE 6-10
    3) MIA 5-11
    4) BUF 4-12

All this hype is bullshit, JETS are running away with this division.

3. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

[​IMG]

4. Gunther

Gunther Member

This season is going to be tougher than some people realize.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Especially for the players, playing dominating football for 16 games will be very tough.

6. HOI

HOI Active Member

Agreed...People love to count the Pats out. I have no doubt that Belli-boy and Brady can squeeze out another 10 win season. Since 2001 they have won at least 9 games a year, have 7 division titles, never finished worse than second in the division and won 3 SB's...lets not count them out of anything yet.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Agreed, New York and New England are far better teams however, better on the defensive end and arguably better on the offensive end, if N.E. and N.Y. manage to stay healthy throughout the season, then I don't see Miami winning the division at all. New England is still one of the most dangerous teams in the NFL with Belicheat running the show, and Brady playing QB. And our Jets are coming off an AFCCG appearance with a revamped defense and offense, they will build on a 9-7 season, especially if Sanchez continues to improve at the rate he is.

Nothing new on the Mankins situation yet, D'Brick and Brady do however share the same agent, kind of makes you think, how Brady is feeling that Brick got that contract extension, and how urgent the Pats feeling now that Brady still needs to get paid

8. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

and since 2000 up until 2007 they were cheating.

9. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Here's the best schedule breakdown I could find. Wall of text incoming, but hey we got 3 weeks to kill til camp opens:

#49 milo, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  10. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Thanks Milo, that was a good read....Very helpful

11. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

I agree with just about everything you all are saying. The AFCE is arguably the best division in football. This division could go to any of the 3 teams. (notice I don't even mention Buffalo, poor guys, lol) If all 3 teams stay healthy, it is going to be a dogfight. Miami at New England is going to be a very interesting game in week 17 I feel. That game may even determine who finishes 1-3 in the division. Not leaving the Jets out, I do think you guys will sweep NE this year, I feel that.

12. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

We were a 9-7 team last year that could've been a 10-11 win team. Yeah I know shoulda, coulda, woulda. You gotta think with our off-season we only got better. With our experience from last year if we just learn how to close out games and win the close ones we will improve at least 2 games. If I was betting I'd go with 11-5 but I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 12-4, 13-3 or even 9-7 again.

The Pats will always be there as long as Brady and BB are focused. I can't see them losing 7 games during the season so I'll say 10-6.

Miami, I'm gonna sound like a homer saying this but I'm not sold on Henne to get the job done and I'm not sold on their defense. They have a tough schedule and could struggle. The team is young and if they struggle do they have the poise to not let it affect them in the long run and stay focused? We'll see what happens. I'd say 8-8 or 9-7.

We could sit here and predict all day long but the truth is no one will know what happens until the games are played. Not a big prediction guy but the off-season is a slow one.

Final Predictions

Jets 11-5
    Pats 10-6
    Miami 8-8
    Bills 5-11

13. cooterhooter

cooterhooter Banned

How quickly you forget the 1-15 season that lead to the 10-5 season. Which is the real Fins team? The NFL changes fast.....my advice, don't count out the Bills or pencil in the Fins for the playoffs.

14. BuffaloStampede

BuffaloStampede New Member

First of all nobody is scared of Miami you want to laugh at us remember one of those games last year we beat you.It's ok Miami is overrated and won't make the playoffs screw Miami !.

15. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

The Dolphins had a better record by a whopping one game. Check your enthusiasm. Miami isn't nearly as good as you think.

16. Tyche

Tyche New Member

NE: 11-5
    NYJ: 10-6
    Miami: 10-6
    Buffalo: 6-10

Buffalo is down to 1 decent WR and still have, far and away, the weakest OL in the division. On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, you can EASILY argue that the Jets, Fins, and Patriots have the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best OLs in all of football. The one shining star of Buffalo, and what kept them from losing 4+ more games was their great pass defense. Now, they're switching to a 3-4 with no nose tackle. Well, they have Troup, but he's a rookie. There's no reason to think the offense will be any better, at all, until the FO realizes that you can actually draft left tackles with pretty good success in the first two rounds of the draft. The secondary will probably improve oddly enough, they'll get McKelvin back, right? There's still not a lick of pass rushing though. I don't know if they'll go 0fer in the division, but I'd be shocked if they got 3 wins there.

17. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

And what have you guys done this year to improve? I'll give you Spiller, I like that guy, and wish he would have went to Miami..... But what else have you done? We signed Marshall and Dansby, had a great draft picking up Misi and Odrick, along with some good depth. :buffaloblows:

18. 101GangGreen101

I give the Bills a lot more credit then they should, IMO besides the Jets, the Bills have one of most dangerous secondary in the AFC, they are building a contending D and could stop most prolific passing attacks IMO, Fins as well as the Jets will have fits going against the Bills, Bills just haven't come up with a way to beat the Tom Brady Pats

Now that they are switching to a 3-4 they are now looking to stop rushing attacks, at times I think the Bills play us harder then any other divisional foe, and with that they've earned my respect

Bills can win anywhere from 5 to 8 games this season if they still healthy and improve somewhat on offense

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Buffalo has a strong defense, but they aren't going to win more than 5 or 6 games until they find a quarterback.

20. 101GangGreen101

Trent Edward will do just fine for them this season until that Andrew Luck guy from Stanford comes out if he does next year, they'll lean on their running game and play defense, if they can keep offenses in check they could surprise a lot of teams, and last season didn't they have 1 less win then the Fins?

8 may be a little too much I agree. 6 or 7 isn't that far out