The pieces are in place: Matt Leinart? Good move or bad? - Merged X2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sanchizeqb, Mar 21, 2006.

1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

too many can't miss QBs have come out and flopped -- i say take the best talent that helps the team -- the best talent for this team right now is a DE, NT, and LT -- Ramsey/Pennington/Bollinger gives them 1 year to adjust and look at the draft class and FA next year -- Leinart does not scream top 3 QB -- no way -- for one we don't have the running game he had in USC, we don't play the same soft PAC 10 sunny warm weather teams, we don't have a true #1 rcvr, and we don't have a great OL -- leinart will be under too much pressure in NYC to survive -- we need to sure up the team before spending $45mill on a rookie QB

2. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

No QB is worth it this year to me. Trade down and get more picks. Or go brick if they have to. To many wholes to fill by trading away picks for one player. Next year I can live with it. Not this year.

3. Tight

Tight Active Member

A qb should fall to us regardless, I doubt N.o wil take leinart now that they signed Drew Brees. Trading up no fing way

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I never thought Chad sucked when he was healthy, but the reality of the situation right now is he is finished. I 100% agree with the rest of your post. I'd rather draft Leinart and him bust than not draft him and he becomes the next Montana..

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Same to you my man

6. PennyandtheJets

Tennessee would probably take Leinart...hence the trade talks...

7. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I personally don't see the Jets moving up to draft Leinart. I expect D'Brick or Mario Williams with the #4 pick and then McNeil, Maroney, Cromartie or Mangold with the #29.

But if the Saints are willing to give us Leinart for only the #4 and the #29 we'd be insane not to make the deal. Do you remember what the Giants had to give to get Eli Manning?

8. PennyandtheJets

I don't see why the Saints wouldn't take that trade...not only would they get two first rounder THIS year, but they would still be able to pick in the top 4...

It really all depends on the Jets...if they want him, they will get him

9. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Do you think we could get away with giving them our 2nd rounder instead? I want Leinart and Mangold but think the Steelers might take him.

10. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

The Saints wouldn't make that trade because if they wanted to, they could make us pay through the nose. Like Matt Leinart, Eli Manning was the #1 QB in his draft. To get him the Giants had to pay the 4th overall pick and their 3rd round pick plus next year's 1st rounder and 5th rounder.

If the Jets settled for the 4th and a low 1st rounder only were they in the Saints' position, there would be a riot!

11. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

ABE WAS A PROVEN COMMODITY AND WORTH MORE THAN AN UNKNOWN 29TH OVERALL PICK AND QUITE POSSIBLY A 15TH. IMO WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE 15TH OR SHAUB IN THE DEAL. I MEAN DENVER GIVES A 3RD & 4TH AND GET THE 15TH OVER ABE? WTF IS GOING ON?

12. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Doubt it, Titans could up the ante on us. If we give them both 1st rounders, we automatically have the best offer on the table.

13. PennyandtheJets

If they want more I guess you could offer them #4 overall, #29 overall and a 3rd rounder next year...after that I would tell them to find a better deal...

14. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

While everyone is trying to compare this trade to the Eli one, you must understand that the circumstances are different. The Eli trade was esstentially for the 1st pick in the draft. It doesn't matter if Leinart is the best QB prospect in the draft, it is still #2 and not #1. Chances are the Saints will take our 2 1st rounders for the pick, especially given that one of the players they are probably targeting (Williams or Brick) will still be there at #4.

15. illmatic

illmatic New Member

Although I argee the trenches matter more, Jones is at worse a decent RT, and a servicable LT, with the possiblity of Runyon coming on, BPA should be the policy