The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm going to second that notion. I really hope Chad's arm is better... if he goes down again we very well may be screwed.

2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Good point, a lot of my same criticisms of Ramsey are the same criticisms that I was saying about Brees before he broke out. However, we need to add the type of cast that Brees had in SD, in order for Ramsey to make such a progression. For instance, Brees had LT and Gates around him, in addition to a solid and young o-line.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I can't see Chad beating him out, Ramsey will start in 06.

4. parafly

parafly New Member

I'd say the chances are more like 70%. I wouldn't say it makes me happy, but I am far from shuddering. He brings some much needed competition for Chad, he's young, and he's had plenty of starting experience in this league. Give him a new atomophere, new system, and new coaches, and he might surprise some people. He's well worth the risk (6th round pick), especially since we are in a rebuilding stage.

5. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

You must have a crystal ball. Does it also say that Owens will be a Jet too by any chance?

6. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

The Jets are not doing crap next year anyway, so why not give him a chance. He has one year left on his contract anyway.............

7. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Great post you never know may little schott could do it.

8. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real New Member

The official Schaub Abe & Ramsey Trade Thread. - Merged

I told ya! Its been reported on ESPN Radio

9. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

ESPN ....Falcons halfway home with Abraham

Sources: Falcons halfway home with DE Abraham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com

ATLANTA -- In their marathon pursuit of New York Jets three-time Pro Bowl defensive end John Abraham, the Atlanta Falcons have now reached the halfway point of the grueling race.

The Falcons on Friday reached an agreement with Abraham on a multi-year contract, a high-ranking team official and several league sources confirmed. The next step: Reaching a trade agreement with the Jets on appropriate compensation for the standout defensive player.

Clearly, though, the Falcons believe they can complete the deal. In fact, team officials indicated Friday they are confident that Abraham will land in Atlanta, to lend energy and a consistent weakside pass-rush threat to a defense that must improve for the Falcons to return to the playoffs.

Earlier on Friday, the Falcons reached a three-year, $6.01 million contract accord with unrestricted free-agent safety Lawyer Milloy.

"We're very comfortable with where we are at [with Abraham], and we think he is comfortable, too," one Falcons official said. "We've got a [contract] deal in place with him. Now we've got to deal with [the Jets]."

Abraham, 27, visited with Falcons officials and coaches Thursday and Friday. He had a physical exam administered by the Falcons' medical staff on Friday morning. Obviously, given that the Falcons have a contract agreement in place with Abraham, he passed the exam.

The Jets had been seeking coveted backup quarterback Matt Schaub and a second-round draft choice for Abraham, but the Falcons balked at those terms. Atlanta has been steadfast in its resolve not to include Schaub or its first-round pick in the 2006 draft, the 15th selection overall, in any trade packages. Instead, the Falcons have countered with several formulas in an attempt to satisfy Jets officials.

Notable is that the Jets on Friday afternoon acquired Washington Redskins backup quarterback Patrick Ramsey for a sixth-round pick in this year's draft. The addition of Ramsey may have been a sign that the Jets are now convinced they won't be able to pry Schaub away from the Falcons in an Abraham deal. Discussions between the two teams continued through Friday afternoon.

One other suitor, the Seattle Seahawks, remains in the Abraham sweepstakes. There were rumors in the league Friday afternoon that the Jets had agreed to send Abraham to Seattle for the Seahawks' first-round pick in the draft, the No. 31 selection overall. But those rumors proved unfounded.

The Seahawks, like the Falcons, must first satisfy Abraham on a long-term contract, and that might be a difficult proposition. Abraham, who makes his full-time home in nearby South Carolina, has indicated to friends and associates that he prefers to play in Atlanta, where he has family ties.

One of the NFL's premier outside rushers, Abraham was designated by the Jets as a franchise player for the second consecutive spring. That means the Jets essentially made him a one-year qualifying offer of $8.33 million. New York used the franchise tag a year ago, as well, to retain Abraham, and he missed the offseason programs and training camp before signing the one-year deal, worth $6.66 million just days before the start of the season.

Abraham has been saying for two years that he prefers a long-term contract but the two sides have not been able to strike a satisfactory deal.

In 16 games in 2005, Abraham registered 67 tackles, 10? sacks, six forced fumbles, one recovery and two passes defensed. For his career, the former South Carolina star has 328 tackles, 53? sacks, 18 forced fumbles, five recoveries and eight pass deflections in 73 games.

10. RobA

11. parafly

parafly New Member

Can anyone confirm?

12. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this is true!!!!

13. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

Damn. Wanted the ATL 1st round pick, but I guess I will settle for a 2nd.

14. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

I need a link.........I don't believe you.............

15. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

thats a good deal

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

That would be terrific if true, but sounds like speculation to me.

17. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Where is this bieng reported??????

18. RobA

Wow, posted the same time I posted it, lol.

19. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Oh no. Hahaha. Here we go again.

20. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

told ya so!!

Grow up...and back it up...or shut up