The Official Jets Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 12, 2018.

?

Who do you want?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2019.
  1. Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs OC)

9.0%
  2. Jim Caldwell (former Lions HC)

3.8%
  3. Adam Gase (former Dolphins HC)

7.5%
  4. Kliff Kingsbury (USC OC)

12.8%
  5. Mike McCarthy (former Packers HC)

58.6%
  6. Todd Monken (Buccaneers OC)

36.1%
  7. Matt Rhule (Baylor HC)

24.1%
  8. Kris Richard (Cowboys DB)

4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This franchise.

I hope for Chris Johnson's sake the new unis are spiffy. The football product will continue to be trash. Maybe they can look good while sucking.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

sounds about right... McCarthy and Macc both reporting directly to Chris puts Macc on the defensive. McCarthy has far more football knowledge than anyone in Florham Pk. and would have been an immediate threat to Macc.

Hey Chris, good luck trying to sell this to the fanbase..

3. jets_fan

They can't sell it to the fanbase. There's only so many miracles a PR department can pull off. This aint one of them.

4. Nicholasflorio

This is so depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Fixed for you.

6. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed posting here. I will not be watching any games until the Jets make the playoffs. We had a superbowl winning coach want to work for us and we fucked it. I think I'll be a Packers or Steelers fan until the Jets start winning. I have a lot of Jets merchandise to sell. Is anyone interested? It all comes with certificates of authenticity. Please directly message me.

7. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Should be fun . . .

https://www.thesportster.com/news/a...of-massive-arguments-with-owner-stephan-ross/

Adam Gase's Final Weeks With Dolphins Was Full Of Massive Arguments With Owner Stephan Ross
    BY ALEX HOEGLER
    JAN 03, 2019

The Miami Dolphins' decision to fire Adam Gase after a second straight losing and non-playoff season surprised many, but we now have more details as to what led to his demise in South Beach.

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Miami owner Stephen Ross hadn't "pre-planned" firing Gase, and the decision was only made recently to relieve the 40-year-old of his duties. The firing stemmed from a series of arguments and disagreements in what the direction of the franchise should be.

Salguero cited something Ross said in the midst of the 2016 season, when the Dolphins were on way to reaching the postseason for the first time in eight years. Ross complimented the first-year head coach and said Gase "has already changed the culture of the Miami Dolphins."

That made Gase "livid," according to Salguero, since Miami only stood at 5-4 and "basically accomplished nothing" up to that point. That was only one of the first tipping points in their rocky three-year working relationships.

Gase also didn't prioritize upgrading a terrible offensive line, rather deciding Miami needed to invest in its defense, per Salguero. When Ross "challenged" Gase about this, the latter "yelled at the owner about knowing more about football than he did," and a team member had to step in and stop the coach from talking to his owner in such a tone.

And finally, it was disagreements about what the direction of the franchise should be that spelled the end of Gase's tenure. He was ready to fire his defensive coordinator (Matt Burke), and cut ties with quarterback Ryan Tannehill, but ownership and management simply decided they wanted to try a different path. Hence, Gase was let go after three years.

What This Means

The Dolphins haven't had much success in the 21st century, and the constant failures by management can be seen as the key reason why. Gase did the most he could with a flawed roster, and it simply wasn't good enough for Miami ownership.

Gase has a handful of head coaching interviews lined up, so it doesn't seem like he's going to be out of work for very long anyway.

8. CosmicJester

CosmicJester Member

To those who wanted McCarthy, two questions:

1) Would he have won a Super Bowl without Rogers?

2) If he didn't win that Super Bowl, would you still be pining for him?

If the answers are "no" and "no" then why do you want him?

If you answered "yes" to 1), you're very much underestimating how good Rogers is.

If you answered "yes" to 2), what is the appeal of someone who didn't win a Super Bowl in 13 years?

NOTE: Not defending Gase. Irrelevant. About McCarthy only.

9. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

It sounded more like Rhule proposed his staff and the FO didn't think they were up to snuff.

10. jets_fan

I knew Johnson would screw this up. He didn't disappoint in that regard.

At least now we can stop with all of this nonsense about how Chris is better than Woody. He isn't. They're both morons.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You’re either in or out
    @Brook! if we make the playoffs you close all the accounts that declare they are out today.
    Fuck this fair weather shit.
    Ride till u die.

Cidusii likes this.
  12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Well, I'll always root for this team, but you can only be treated crappy for so long. I'm 45 and now I'm finally, 100% convinced this team will never win a SB before I die. I'm not renewing my DTV football package next year. I can go to a bar if there seems like a can't miss game (Ha!). I'm also npt buying any of their stupid new merchandise they will try to pawn off. What a sad day to be a Jets fan. They will just never get it right.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Big bro. Let people mourn. Overreacting is natural in moments like this. I myself am thinking about hunger strike in front of Jets facility until johnsons sell the team.

jets_fan likes this.
  14. barfolomew

That's fine man, I've been a fan 28 years. Do you want to buy my Jets stuff? Lots of autographs with certificates of authenticity. Boomer, Santana Moss, Victor Green, Pennington. The entire Super Bowl III team.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Gase probably threatened to bitch slap both Chris and Macc if they didn't hire him.

16. barfolomew

I have Curtis Martin too, the 2003 Jets team signed football, Anthony Becht, Boomer, Namath. I'm reasonable. Let's talk I'm sure we could find a price that satisfies us both. You seem to know a good deal when you see one, since you like Gase as our new coach.

17. jets_fan

Everyone opposed to this should protest by not buying any of the new fancy gear they trot out in April along with the new unis. Let those new unis debut with a deafening thud at the cash register.

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Utter travesty. Complete disregard and contempt for the fan base. Obviously McCarthy wanted too much money so they went bargain basement. That’s what this organization thinks of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barfolomew and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It wasn't the money...

Wahoo likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All I can say is this. I have never seen so much hate towards a hire since I joined this site. Most all the other HC hires were either a mix or largely positive.
    Since we have been a lot more wrong than right, could Gase prove us wrong once again? I certainly hope so.

barfolomew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.