The Official "Draft a QB in 2024" thread.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 6, 2023.

1. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I agree with the sentiment. But let's take a step back and look at how things realistically play out. If you fire Saleh, IMO you have to fire Douglas too. What in the world has he done to justify staying on? Now, we are faced with yet another complete reboot.

While I am not necessarily opposed to that, I'm not sure what Coach or GM is out there that would give me confidence that we're just going to go through the same cycle all over again. I say, bring them both back with a healthy Rodgers and a firm playoff mandate next year.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. sackexchange

I feel like the SD game was a must-win to have a serious shot at the Playoffs. Last night already sealed it. The AFC has a logjam of contending teams right now. The Jets would need to make a huge run and they are showing zero signs of that.

Jets79 likes this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well I admit I totally have some PTSD on this decision as well…we have been SO bad at hiring GMs and HCs in the past. Just bad hires, some of which were plainly obvious (hello, Gase). While history isn’t always a good way to predict future events, in this case, since it’s the same fucking idiot making the decision in Woody, history IS a good barometer. I have ZERO faith that a clueless fucking idiot like Woody or his equally moronic brother Chris can make a good decision.

Not a reason to sit on our hands and do nothing, I agree…but man I’d be nervous

sackexchange likes this.
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yup…both the SD game AT HOME and this Raiders game to me were must wins for playoffs. We now have the Dolphins and the Bills at Buffalo. We have 5 losses. There is a logjam for sure. But to make the playoffs, we have to get a bunch of wins. And we can’t score TDs let alone get wins.

I do think our D can slow down Miami a bit, but I think we’d need at least 20 points to beat them, and we can’t score. and then at Buffalo will be tough…we beat them with a miracle at home…have a hard time seeing a win there.

We are not as good as Cleveland, Cincinnati, shit even Houston is better than us. Pittsburgh I wouldn’t say is a better team but they have better coaching and a better record.

Hard to see this team making a run until we can somehow figure out how to sustain drives and score TDs

Hasn’t happened yet…

sackexchange likes this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You are correct with above.

The only way in for the Jets would be to win the division, and losing the Buf and Mia, I believe would render that impossible math-wise.

6. sackexchange

The thing is, we tend to think that things can't get worse by making a change and yet they always do. Darnold was one of the worst QB's in the league his last year here. And what did we do? Replaced him with the NEW worst QB in the league. Darnold would look like Pat Mahomes compared to what Zach Wilson has been.

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

sackexchange likes this.
  8. sackexchange

Hoping we land in the top 10 at this point. Playoffs chances are shot.

Top 10 possibly gets us an elite OT (Alt?), #2 WR (Keon Coleman) or God help us, another shot at QB.

GREG likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I mean technically he's tradable but it would hurt the d-line. I guess the assumption is JJ and huff start and clemens and WMD rotate in. we would save about 7 mil if we cut or traded him in 2024. his value would likely be a mid round pick. like maybe a 4th

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

It's literally the same 2 people saying it and 1 is projecting and the other is just a known ass who's been banned several times and loves jumping on the shit on anyone bandwagon.
    I really don't care if someone thinks i'm "arrogant" on a message board lol just block me and move on then. no skin off my back