The monument man "Super Saleh"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets69, Nov 7, 2023.

1. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm usually a Saleh/Coach defender. I don't like immediately rushing to blame the coach when things don't go right. I thought Mike LaFleur was a giant scapegoat last year. Up until the last couple weeks, Saleh has had the team middle of the pack in penalties, and I can't think of any horrible time management problems. I've seen some atrocious coaching decisions across the league with respect to time management, challenges, things like that.

Having said that, every week Saleh sticks with Zach, is a week I "defend" him a little less. I see coaches do it way too often. Hitch their wagon to a draft pick that doesn't belong in the league. He'd garner way more respect from the fans/media if he just admitted the mistake and benched him. If he makes the switch and Simien sucks, I'll take this back, but I have a hard time believing Zach is the superior player.

For what its worth, the Jets are 4-4 with probably the worst QB in football. Saleh gets some credit for that. With better QB play, they should be 5-3 or 6-2. Thats on Saleh until proven otherwise.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, "self incrimination." Now, Saleh certainly wouldn't be the first guy to misuse the term, but if he got it right, he's the guilty party. On the other hand, the Fifth amendment cannot be used to take the heat off anyone other than the person invoking it, so those here who say Saleh is protecting Douglas or Johnson either have it wrong or Saleh should have used a simple term like "rat."

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This is awesome. The nose-picking angle for the win.

Herman Edwards & Coach Saleh should clink glasses together. Great on motivation, not much else between the ears regarding moving the ball. Have the Jets ever had an offensive minded coach? An offensive minded HC and a great DC, what a concept; because this one side of the ball shit is not paying dividends as a whole and it's not about to.

4. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Adam Gase was where football was headed. We just never seemed to actually get there.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I'm with you here. I think coaches get too much blame, and too much credit. Same for most people/positions, really-- CEOs, movie stars, etc. There are so many factors, and moving parts, and randomness. Life tends to regress to the mean.

However, something is amiss with this QB situation. Taking the 5th and all that. Anyone with eyes can see that Zach isn't an NFL QB right now. There is no way that he is a level above Simien. Something's fishy.

6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming the Raiders game, will be make or break for Wilson, if they flop again, no points, and get embarrassed , they wont have a choice, I got to believe Someone above is making this call, after every game, the media asks about benching Zach, he chokes on his words, someone with strong convictions about a player, doesn't do that, not only that he looks down constantly when answering those questions, which is always the first indication someone is lying.

sozopol, papapump and Since1969 like this.
  7. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

WTF? This is a real post from a real fan? LMFAO!

8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Just your dad and Marty Feldman's stunt double. Somehow they did not manage to solve any of the Jets' problems.

9. jetophile

"Walk this way."

[​IMG]

"No, this way."

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. jetophile

I blocked that guy out, just like when people who are actively dying block out all of their stressors so they can die as peacefully as possible. I'm not actively dying as we speak, but the Jets will kill me eventually. Directly.

Pepsiguy5 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

But, But . But one poster claims he is the best back-up in the league... LOL.

sozopol and papapump like this.
  12. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I want Ben Johnson for HC! I’ve been watching a lot of Lions and I’m just incredibly impressed by him. I think he’s gonna be a good one.

13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The greatest coach of all time! Super Saleh!!!

14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Saleh got out coached by a criminal in his second game

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to listen to his, self inflicted wounds, got to clean it up!

16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Suck Wilson with another chance, stay tuned

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Self inflicted wounds!!

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, like being too distracted by the nothing he does on the sideline to actually call a timeout on time.

19. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Saleh needs to resign tomorrow.
    This team is ridiculously undisciplined. He won't make the key change that the whole league knows is needed. He's a mess and the team has adopted that personality.
    Douglas isn't far behind.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  20. mark82

mark82 Active Member