The media is not fair to Geno Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jan 28, 2015.

1. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

Wrong again, bucko. James Jones + Denarius Moore + Andre Holmes are a way better receiving core than what Geno had early in the season when Decker was out with the hamstring. David Nelson + Greg Salas + Jeremy Kerley just to remind you. And I don't recall any Raiders O-Lineman letting defensive players through up the middle like Winters either. Or getting penalties like Colon.

Well, has it occurred to you that Carr might have something to do with that, captain oblivious? We are in the age of the quarterback in the NFL, where the league bends over backwards to make it easy for QBs to dominate. So when you are the QB on the shittiest team in the league, maybe you are not very good?

elgoman likes this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You're nuts "bucko" that Raider talent sucks and they have NO running to protect Carr like Geno had.

Has it occurred to YOU that on a really really shitty team one of the only bright spots is Carr?

So you HONESTLY think Geno is BETTER than Carr? Was BETTER in his second year than Carr as a rookie?

Too funny.

_

#162 JStokes, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    Pocket Jet likes this.
  3. GangGreenBlues

See, once again you offer no actual evidence to support anything you say other than insults, laughing at your own jokes and so on. The "Raider talent sucks" thing which I just showed to be false (Jones + Moore + Holmes > Nelson + Salas + Kerley) and there doesn't exist a lineman in the NFL today worse than Winters (not to mention Colon and his penalties, Brick getting burned badly in some games, etc), you would have to bring Wayne Hunter back, so no, just no. The running game to take pressure off the QB only works up to a certain point, if your Guard lets a DT run up the middle on passing plays and your off-the-street WRs cant get open, none of that means anything.

And I don't have to think that Geno is better than Carr right now, the QB Rating shows it. If we don't call the first Miami game the way we did and Geno isn't pulled in the first Buffalo game, the rating wouldn't even be that close.

elgoman likes this.
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

^ Did you intentionally leave Decker out of that comparison? Does it not help your argument, is that why? And wasn't Nelson cut in the middle of last year?

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Based on what NFL experts said Carr had a good year. But that's not what I saw. The few times I watched him he looked like a rookie Qb. And didn't do anything extra to win games for a very bad team. I don't claim like some to be an expert. Just my amateur observation.

6. JStokes

Hahahahaaaaa so your ENTIRE argument is based upon QB rating? Are you serious? Second year player who got BENCHED over a rookie?

Carr was a better player as a rookie on a worse team with worse talent than YOUR savior was as a second year player and you don't get to cherry pick which games to take out and which games to leave in.

21 TDs-12 INTs, 3200 yards and the same completion percentage. As a ROOKIE.

13 TDs- 13 INTs for 2500 yards. As a second year player. And he got BENCHED.

Don't blame Carr for having more voluminous stats--it wasn't HIS fault Geno got benched.

It was GENO'S fault.

Carr didn't get benched. The Raiders had no reason to. He was a bright spot on a really crappy team.

Don't have much time today to debate your ball-licking.

Got a lot of cooking to do.

_

Pocket Jet likes this.
  7. JStokes

You know why?

Because he WAS a rookie.

And he was better than our second year starter--a guy that started every game his rookie season.

_

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

True story.

9. GangGreenBlues

This is from the previous post:

"James Jones + Denarius Moore + Andre Holmes are a way better receiving core than what Geno had early in the season when Decker was out with the hamstring. David Nelson + Greg Salas + Jeremy Kerley just to remind you."

My whole point was that earlier in the season, when Winters, Nelson, etc were playing, Geno was worse, but once we got a better cast around him, Harvin, Aboushi, healthier Decker, he played much better.

No, my argument was that when you said that qbs with talents and tools dont have games with a zero rating, you were full of shit. Which I then proved by giving you a list of quality QBs who have had a game with a zero rating. You then shut up about that and tried to move the goalposts by more general whining about Geno. Then I pointed out to you that despite all your unsubstantiated whining about him, he still had a better QB Rating than your boy Carr, which he did. This seems to cause you a great deal of butthurt, but I can't help you with that. :)

I realize now that you are not the sharpest tool in the shed (though quite the tool nonetheless :) ), but let me explain this to you one more time. The QB Rating is a comprehensive evaluation tool which already takes into account all the things you mentioned (TDs, INTs, yardage, etc), so if Geno's ended up higher than Carr's, that should tell you something. Carr had a clearly better cast around him earlier in the season, a ton more passing attempts because of their offense, and still managed to throw the shortest passes in the NFL by far while at the same time being surprisingly inaccurate for that kind of short passing game. And being benched doesn't mean anything in this argument because of different circumstances between the teams. The Raiders were pretty much in tank mode the entire season, otherwise Carr might very well have been benched in some games as well, for example that beaut of a 52-0 loss to the freaking Rams.

elgoman likes this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Two things Geno has going for him are a decent end to the season and a new OC with a good reputation for working with QBs. I think he'll get a fair chance again.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ok, I guess I missed that. Anyway, if you really think a new HC and a new GM will tie their lifelines to the guy who got their predecessors fired I thing you are sadly mistaken..so really it doesn't matter what the media thinks anyway.

12. JStokes

So you tool, the essence of your entire argument is based on QB rating. A QB rating of less than ONE point whilst comparing a second year starter and a rookie.

21 TDs and 12 INTs for 3200 yards. As a rookie. On an inferior talented team.

13 TDs and 13 INTS for 2500 yards. As a second year player--after having started for the FULL year before. On a better team.

I'm trying to understand if you TRULY believe Geno had a BETTER year than Carr.

If so, that's pathetic.

Carr is ALREADY better than the affection of your ball licking.

Your boy got BENCHED because he was playing like shit and then threw up 3 INTs in 8 passes.

Sorry if that hurts YOUR butt. Tool.

_

13. GangGreenBlues

They might not have a choice. If Winston and Mariotta are both gone by the time we pick, not like there are any FA QB studs out there.

Well, at least now you got the right idea. By using my lines you are sure to improve your performance. :)

And it doesn't matter how many times you purposefully ignore my arguments, you would still be wrong on the QBs and zero rating, and Geno will still have had a better year than Carr with a worse supporting cast for a significant part of the season.

elgoman likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, you agree entirely with "I haven't seen any media report here that is unfair or untrue" but still think the NY media exhibits "douchebaggery" in its treatments of local players? Thank you, no further questions.

15. JStokes

And it doesn't matter how long you purposefully ignore reality. Get Geno's balls out of your mouth.

When a ROOKIE on a clearly WORSE team with WORSE talent throws 21 TDs (that's almost as many as Geno threw in TWO YEARS) and only 12 INTs and didn't get benched and Geno in his SECOND year only threw 13 TDs and an equal number of INTs and GOT benched for shitting the bed at an historic level, anyone other than a Geno ball licker would agree who had a better year.

Btw, I like the backtracking "for a significant part of the season".

You should just pick and choose which games to include in your ball licking analysis.

That makes sense.

_

16. GangGreenBlues

Seems to me like the only one here with balls in their mouth is you, the said balls belonging to Carr.

Except we already determined that if you use a metric that takes all those things into account, Geno still comes out ahead. :)

If you actually read my posts instead of angrily rehashing the same logically flawed fallacies, you'd see that I was saying that part all along, and it's irrelevant because once Geno's supporting cast improved, so did his numbers, quite significantly in fact, and he left Carr in the dust.

17. JStokes

So you're entire argument is based on QB rating. And less than a point. For a second year player. When the rookie put up better ACTUAL TDs, INTS, yardage. On a worse team.

And you want to cherry pick which games to look at?

Talk about flawed logic.

Derek Carr left Geno in the dust. As a rookie. On a worse team.

Keep making excuses for why he was awful. They are comical.

_

18. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Just thought I would make mention that.... Geno SUCKS

19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

And at least when Mark was benched he didn't stand around like a dope with his hood over his head, he had a headset on and tried to be apart of the game talking to G Mac.

Geno is a piece of shit, pompous, douche.

He deserves what he gets, and should get even more.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  20. GangGreenBlues

No, what's comical is how you are essentially arguing against yourself. You keep bringing up stats separately that all go into the QB Rating, and then ignoring the fact that the one comprehensive stat which takes all those others into account has Geno ahead.