The media is not fair to Geno Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

2011 was a long time ago to have faith in Matt Moore. Why the hell should he be guranteed to start? He hasn't played since 2013 when he threw 2 picks in 6 attempts. The Dolphins were begging to bench Tannehill early this season when he was struggling, If Moore was any good he probably would've gotten a start.
    Most hyped for no reason QB on this board besides Simms and Brett Ratliff years back.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you aren't winning anything w/ Moore, he puts up "good #s" on bad teams but cannot play when he is expected to win BUT he'd be a good stopgap while we develop a rookie and a good longterm backup.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is no way to ever really know. Or the degree of what occurred, if anything.

One of the two have been irreparably harmed and unfortunately the "he said-she said" problem will never clear it up.

_

4. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I doubt he's much better than Vick or Geno. I wouldn't mind him here instead of Vick but I think Geno would win the job in camp.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Geno is to immature to ever take the next step,He just isn't on that level where guys can look at him as a serious leader of the team he just isn't there.I wouldn't follow him anywhere or listen to anything he had to say ....If your a WR how could you even take him seriously?

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

There will be a civil case. Unless Winston settles. Based on what I read there was a cover up by FSU who allowed Winston to not even testify. He basically said no comment to everything other than that it was consensual. Of course rapes on college campuses are not unusual. And most schools have covered it up to avoid bad press. The figures are unbelievable. They say that 1 out of 4 girls are in some way molested or sexually abused. Not sure if that means rape or everything like non physical harassment. What's going on with these guys. Some of them even use date rape drugs (a la Bill Cosby) to knock them out etc. For me there's not enough prison space to put these creeps in. Let them go to jail and get their ass fucked in the penitentiary by some motherfucker and see how they like it.

FlaJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. JStokes

Even still, you'll really never know. And the civil case could be more about her trying to cash in on his fame and fortune rather than actually having been raped.

Too much of a grey area that can never be determined. He may be just as aggrieved--or more so--then her.

We'll just never know and lumping all of them together is unfair to some of them.

He may very well be a bad guy. Or he may not be and she may be a scorned woman.

Unless you put both on sodium pentothol and then hook them up to a lie detector.

_

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The civil case might not be about money it could be her only legal recourse for justice. One more thing about rape. This is just a personal observation with no data or facts behind it. The people who seem to be least aggressive to punish young men for sexual assault are mothers of young adult males. They seem to take the point of view that the girls were asking for it. And that its ok for boys to be boys. One thing I know for sure without any research. They are fiercely loyal to their sons. And will excuse just about anything.

9. JStokes

I don't disagree with any of that.

If he raped her, he should have to pay the price.

And the excuse that "she was just asking for it" is incredibly reprehensible and there should be no such thing as "boys will be boys".

Still, three Duke lacrosse had their lives ruined by being falsely accused.

You really will never know.

_

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

My problem was the FSU investigation which seemed to be a slam dunk by their administration for Winston. There was no way they were going to jeopardize their chances to win the national championship. But no way they could deal with him and these allegations after this season so ie. he goes to the NFL.

11. JStokes

Concur, they maybe didn't handle it the way we all would have liked.

Would you have preferred how Duke handled their rape case?

_

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Of course even worse than a guy getting away with a rape would be an innocent person convicted or even accused of a crime. There have been follow up reports on this stating that it was a complete whitewash by FSU and the state of Florida. Not so unusual there as we've seen throughout the years.

13. JStokes

Yup, I don't disagree. FSU did us no favors in figuring this out.

_

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Poor widdle Geno. Sniff Sniff

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think Hoyer would be a better option at QB, he's won some crucial games earlier in the yr - had an awful end to the yr, but I think some of that falls on Josh Gordon also.

Hoyer can't be all that much money.

16. nyjunc

I wouldn't mind Hoyer but he's never won a crucial game.

17. 101GangGreen101

Decent game against the Steelers earlier that yr, played decent @ the Bengals. Prob better than any other option available for now.

18. nyjunc

I wouldn't call any of those games crucial.

19. 101GangGreen101

Division games are always crucial. If you are talking about playoff wins, well then yeah the Browns haven't won a playoff game in forever.

20. nyjunc

No they are not, crucial games are games you need to win to get to the playoffs or stay alive(or in the playoffs). they weren't even in the race late so how crucial could those early season games have been?