The Leonard Williams Experience

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Snatch Catch, Sep 11, 2015.

1. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

As expected but it's good to see our #6 pick won't be in a backup/rotating 3-4 role. Williams, Mo, Snacks, and Richardson on the field at once with Coples and Douzable coming off the bench? No reason we shouldn't dominate every week.

Vida likes this.
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Leonard gonna be a STUD, he has great motor just like the other big 2...he kinda fades toward the end of the game but once Shelden comes back he can be fresher, this line has done wonders so far

3. JetsLife3

JetsLife3 Member

Leonard was amazing today. Dude was giving the Colts' OL fits.

greenbeanz and JetLifeLo like this.
  4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

What stands out to me is his strength. Most of the time, he is just pushing Olinemen backwards right into the QB.

Vida and dawinner127 like this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's the hair.

Anytime you have hair dangling out the back of your helmet over your nameplate, you probably are getting a gold jacket.

Vida, nyjetsmets89, Kris 15 and 2 others like this.
  6. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

He looked solid tonight; he's looking like a good pick for you guys.

Vida likes this.
  7. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

he pretty much spent the night exclusively in the backfield just creating chaos. just amazing whats going to happen once sheldon comes back.

8. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Skrine on Big Cat:

"Leonard's a dog. For any rookie it's hard to come in and make an impact on the field. What Leonard's done, he's come in and made an impact. He's been a professional, he's there early every morning - some days I walk in there and he's sleeping on the floor. He would get there early and sleep on the floor."

RexontheBeach, Vida and Poeman like this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's too bad that Mo is already established as a DE. I'd love to see what Williams - Wilkerson - Richardson look like in a 3 man front. That's 3 guys the offensive line isn't even sure they can double team and all of them can penetrate in the interior.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Leonard be sleeping all like...

[​IMG]

tiger8mush, Vida and jetsclaps like this.
  11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Green Jacket![​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

PFF writeup of Williams' game 2 kind of jives with what I think (looks solid thus far, but tentative/unsure):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/22/nyj-ind-grades-luck-ties-worst-grade-of-career/

First-round pick Leonard Williams (-0.4) put in a solid performance against the run (+1.4) with a pair of stops, but lived up to his pre-draft expectations as a pass-rusher. Registering a hit and two hurries, Williams essentially took what he was given rather than being a threat to steal more. A couple of slow developing pressures were paired with a miss on Andrew Luck after Colts’ LG Lance Louis (-3.4) decided to give him a free run at his quarterback.
    I'm as excited as I've ever been to see what it looks like when he gets comfortable and starts imposing his will on plays. You can just see it brewing.

13. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I think he'll be solid this year, but will really start to shine beginning next year (much like Mo).

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Had to bump this thread.

Watched the Miami game again last night. Dude had at least 8 to 9 pressures on the QB. Dude is dominating right now.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Williams is really instinctive out there. Too many times you see defensive lineman, particularly young ones, bust through the line and just run straight through the line into no man's land. Getting through the line does you no good if you aren't near the football or in the running lane. Williams has a great nose for the football and that's something that usually takes defensive lineman time to learn.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He really stands out on almost every play, and rarely does he look lost on the field. He won't win defensive rookie of the year prob but as long as he improves he could be the most dominate defensive player in that draft class.

17. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

he is figuring things out fast. by the end of the year I see him dominating whoever they throw against him

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He reminds me a lot of Shaun Ellis early in Ellis career when he was using his quickness to make OT's look bad and absolutely dominating guards on the stunts.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing him and Sheldon and Mo wreaking havoc.

Say, how's his injury? What I haven't liked is seeing him on the field attended by trainers. It's happened too often already for my taste. Scary. Yesterday on Joe and Evan's WFAN show, they had Mo on the phone and they asked him how Leonard's injury was. Mo's reaction was surprising. "I have no clue" he didn't even seem to know what his injury was - or care. I found that odd, when you consider they're a part of the same unit, play along side each other, and we hoped Mo Wilkerson might mentor the kid a little. Anyone else hear that? Very interesting. It was as if someone had asked Klecko a Gastineau question back in the day. I have a feeling Mo, Sheldon, and Leonard aren't friendly. Or at least maybe Mo isn't a Leonard Williams fan or is being cool towards him given the contract thing. Any thoughts?

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am wondering how or even if they will use all four of them at the same time (including Snacks of course).