The jets just clinched...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Dec 15, 2013.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes, the Jets feature a head coach that understands the QB position less than any other head coach in the league. Hence his team having the worst QB play in the league - - there's your connection.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U R aware I hope that RR is the one who demanded MS be draft it by us yes? :sad:

3. championjets69

OH you are so, so, so wrong cause any season that U do not win the SB your team had a losing season. Hopefully some day you will become wise enough to realize that fact :sad:

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

are you talking about the guy who has double the amount of postseason wins of any QB in NYJ history?

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

U R aware I hope that KC was the best QB on the roster at the time :sad:

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What's more telling is the Jets have had a losing record after the bye for 3 straight years.

Teams generally improve as units as the year goes on. Teams units practice every week, tape is available on opponents where game plans are designed, the cream separates after the bye.

The Jets have not improved in the back end of seasons under Rex. They have been bad. Coaching should improve a team. Now the Jets may be improving but apparently other coached teams are improving more then the Jets. Begs the question, is Rex the guy to improve a rebuilding roster?

7. championjets69

& what did that get us? My records indicate that the last time we won a SB was 01/12/69. What do your records show on this fact? :sad:

8. nyjunc

if we had a bye we didn't earn and homefield we didn't earn like in 1968 we may have a SB or 2.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Posting facts that have no context is what you and Junc have in common. I'm pretty sure bringing back Sonny Werblin as the team owner and assembling a staff under Weeb Ewbank isn't going to happen any more then the Jets having the best D and running game in the NFL under Rex Ryan in the foreseeable future.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rex Ryan is 12-21 over his last 33 games.. That record deserves a long term extension?

11. BrowningNagle

Only 4 road wins in that span as well. Combined record of the teams beaten on the road? -20-41-1

Considering he won 4 road playoff games in the 2 seasons prior, I'd call this a regression. But what do I know? Woody will probably extend him.

12. nyjunc

shouldn't you be worried about your QB throwing 25+ INts AGAIN?

Like I have always said, change the QBs on NYJ '09/'10 and NYG '07/'11 and the results would be the same. Eli has having a worse season than mark 2012(Mark at his worst) w/ 100x more talent to work with.

13. nyjunc

Last year and this year rex did his best coaching jobs, to have these last 2 teams even in the playoff race in December was miraculous.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

One of Rex's stats that particularly sticks in my craw is the Jets under him have gone 3-6 against F'ing Miami. That really gets me. I think how you do in your division says alot about the CS. It's one thing to have an overall losing record to a team with superior talent, like The Bradys. But Miami has not had superior talent during Rex's career with the Jets. Maybe the Jets can win against Miami in the last game, and that would be sweet, but don't count on it.

I am not totally down on him, though. He seems like a nice if not very intelligent guy. I think he's actually somewhat better than he was last year, when he seemed to have an endless supply of inane and confusing things to say.

Having said that i don't understand his defenders ignoring his role, or lack thereof, in putting together the roster. If your HC, with as much experience as he has, has a very limited role in putting it together, as Rex's defenders seem to imply, then what good is he? Maybe he shouldn't have had much of a role in picking playesr on O after he was all in on trading up to get Muck.

Of course I believe he was a big factor in setting the roster the last few years, with the exception beign I do not think he wanted to trade Revis (another break I give him, ftr). Whatever reasons you think made that a good idea, it is obvious it greatly weakened the secondary, being on top of Cro's apparent season long injury problems.

But... that's not the only reason the team is in decline. Rex has to go.

15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees
    Aaron Rodgers/Matthew Stafford/Jay Cutler
    Cam Newton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Andrew Luck
    Russel Wilson
    Alex Smith
    Andy Dalton
    Joe Flacco
    Tony Romo/Nick Foles

These will be the QBs on the playoff teams this year. Notice anything? They are light years better than the play the Jets have gotten from that position in the past 5 years. It's a QB league. Without a good one, you are toast.

Are all these coaches much better than Rex? How would Rex look with say Russel Wilson running the offense? Or Brees?

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

Who would you have picked this draft other than Dee and Sheldon? Only guy that anyone can say that I've asked this question is Warmack at 9. IMO, if your picking a guard in the top 10 he better step in and be elite from day 1, which Warmack hasn't been.

17. BrowningNagle

His problems with Miami fries my ass as well. I hate losing to them more than anyone, and in many instances his teams didn't lose, they completely laid an egg vs. them.

What concerns me the most is the fact that in the last 2 seasons he's only been able to string together back to back wins ONCE. and in that instance the team he beat in the second game was a terrible (2-14) Jacksonville team.

It speaks to my feelings about how he has too many highs and lows on his sleeve that he brings to this team. How the hell can you extend a guy who can't string together wins?

I too think they should move on and make a change. But even if they don't decide to do that, they better NOT extend this man this offseason. At the very least, let him coach for his job next season if you think he should stay.

Rex is fun for fans and I have no doubt he puts all he has into this team - but the old saying "don't confuse effort with results" is something I hope this organization follows.

18. NFL

NFL Active Member

"He's" drafted 2 DBs while on the Jets. Our run D sucked last year, and our pass D was good. Nobody opened a gaping wound like you said. What has this pass D being so bad is Cromartie being hurt. Dude was lock down last year, this year it's hard for him to go a game without being beat long. We didn't do anything to the secondary. Landry and Bell were not good in pass protection, so you can't say that. This pass defense is so bad because Cromartie can't cover for his life, and Dee Milliner is playing like a typical rookie CB.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I've already addressed this in this thread. As to Warmack not being elite, has Milliner been elite?

I do not expect any rookie to be elite. Maybe you do?

20. NFL

NFL Active Member

A top 10 guard? Yeah I do expect them to be elite. Look at the top guards in the league, most of them weren't picked in the first round, let alone the top 10.