The Jets are simply losers.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 17, 2023.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

They just did today.
    As the did they last 2 years behind Zach.

2. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

I mean 31 QBr today, 5 more career interceptions than touchdowns, 55 percent career completion rate is Ryan leaf and Jamarcus Russell bad, what has he done to deserve to be the starting qb of this team or even a backup? Only the jets would keep him as a starter with playoff aspirations.

tomdeb likes this.
  3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I mean this is a unique situation imo. They figured out last season Zach ain't it. Saleh even said as much during hard knocks. They don't need to see any more the offense sucked.
    NO ONE wanted to end up back with Wilson at QB but you also can't just kill the kid after Rodgers goes down after 4 plays.

So they moved on but didn't move enough that we didn't end up right back to square one. I've never seen this before.

SOJAZ, Pepsiguy5, JetFanInNE and 3 others like this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

I blame JD. I get no one could predict the Rodgers injury but how could you go into this season with Wilson as plan B??? We saw all we needed to see last season

5. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

yes why let mike white go and keep Zack Wilson when mike white is clearly better than Zack Wilson. A aging 40 year old qb with a bad oline and no insurance for him how stupid can jd be?

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

And with all their problems, Douglas takes an edge rusher in round 1 in 2023, when we already have a dozen.
    Where WAS our #1 draft pick in 2023 today--INACTIVE healthy scratch.

Jojo, Centiment, ouchy and 3 others like this.
  7. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

yes and basically that happened because he had to cave in to greenbay and give them all their demands otherwise Broderick jones would be a jet right now, clearly jd did not do one thing right this off-season if he doesn’t get fired for this I give up. This off-season will probally be worse than his first off-season. He totally fucked everything up

tomdeb likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He did pay and invest draft assets, but a lot of it has not worked out. Got Laken from SF, picked Becton, AVT, Tippman, paid Duane. Unfortunately Laken sucks, Becton missed two years, and Duane is old. Tipp so far has not beat out CMG, who is pedestrian. AVT worked out. He did get Moses for a year, who is quite good, but preferred Fant over him, who sucked, and Moses left to be a starter elsewhere for cheap. He did try, but for whatever reason, he is just not getting it right.

SOJAZ and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  9. Jedi mind tricks

You shut your mouth! We need enough pass rushers so we can keep them all FRESH so they can have.... *Checks notes* 1 sack

Centiment, tomdeb, twown and 2 others like this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is really upsetting. It was clear to anyone paying attention last season that MLF wasn't the problem. He went down as the scapegoat for a Rodgers lackey and here we are.

11. Jedi mind tricks

I was in the building and Tomlinson is candidate for worst on the field

tomdeb and Borat like this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He didn't help much either, but the bottom line is that we need good players on the Oline. That's why when Saleh and JD were saying we are a QB away, it just wasn't true. We were OLine AND QB away. And JD decided to basically run it back with the same OLine (swap Fant with Turner) as if he didn't realize what nearly every fan who watched thought was obviuos.

SOJAZ and JetFanInNE like this.
  13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I don't have any issues with Saleh or any of the coaching staff, the owner isn't a problem, this franchise, for as long as I've been hanging with them, has been a implosion waiting to happen.
    Decade after decade, same shit, different coaches, different owner, different GMs, same result.

If you're a real Jets fan, than you better be, a real disappointment fan, because that's all you'll ever get.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I gotta call hornet here. Just no way you’re scraping your 70s.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's the motto that should be on the wall at Florham Park... :p

16. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

All the guys who were signed because of Rodgers have been invisible. Makes you wonder if the front office got hoodwinked into giving contracts to AR's buddies, who are really not that good and were gladly discarded by their previous teams. Waste of money and waste of roster spots at this point.

JD has tried numerous things to try and fix the OL and has failed. Can't keep blaming this glaring failure on injuries, which was the running excuse last season. If Zach is not put on a short leash and the OL is further neglected, then the Jets cannot be seen as serious about making the playoffs this season. Unfortunately, from Super Bowl contenders to jock strap holders in just one short week is how this franchise rolls.

SOJAZ and tomdeb like this.
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Maybe? You and your boy NC seriously need to stop coddling and making excuses for this kid. It's downright disgusting. The entire free world knows the Jets are a QB away from being a contender. Stop talking around the problem. Zach Wilson is the problem.

You changing your tune after every game is hilarious. Now it's the owners fault huh? The owner's not the shitty ass QB taking the snaps out there looking completely overwhelmed and lost almost all of the time.

The Jets are built to win now. That's why they brought in Rodgers. Myself along with several others have already stated the obvious. With Zach Wilson at QB this team is done. Stick a fork in them.

Stop acting like it's some big surprise or something that the entire world didn't know. He is garbage. It was an awful pick by Douglas and it's time to move on.

You stumping for this kid constantly is very strange. Makes it seem like you're never seen a good QB play, let alone an even decent QB which he is neither. It's not about where a player is picked in the draft. WTF does that have to do with how he's going to perform? Absolutely nothing. Just ask Tom Brady.

The best thing the Jets could do right now is find a QB somewhere and FAST. Otherwise this tiny window of franchise glory is going to be gone and may never return.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not sure that Gardner bailing out of Twitter is any confirmation that the Jets are falling apart but I hope he at least took a guilty plea there for dropping the pick six before he turned out the lights. Old saying from when the Jets were young: "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

NY Jets GM Joe Douglas poses with his offensive line...

[​IMG]

Micah Parsons and the NY Jets offensive line...

[​IMG]

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

everyone should have been predicting the Rodgers injury (I know I was 100% expecting it) because:
    - it's the Jets of course it was going to happen (as I posted back in March when the Rodgers talk was hotting up "My gut feel is it will be a massive disaster (but to be fair that is my gut feel regarding pretty much every move the Jets make)")
    - he is nearly 40 and immobile
    - we have an atrocious offensive line that couldn't stop a nosebleed (god I loved that game :( )

I wasn't expecting Rodgers to go down on the first drive but I would've bet my right nut he wouldn't make it to the end of the season.

To think the Jets could've had 2 extra 1st round picks if they'd taken the trade from the Niners when they went for Try Lance.

#40 JetsUK, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    BacktoQueens likes this.