The Jets are going overboard.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets94nj, Feb 21, 2006.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Your post is why if I was the GM I would be trying to trade one of our only tradeable players JV for more picks in the draft

2. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

bradway built last years team to win it all. which wasnt smart at all because we were a shoulder injury away from 4-12 :wink: now we are stuck with his mess. Another team built to win it all last year was the broncos. They are in cap hell like us.

3. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Where did you see that? You have a source? I've never seen anything close to that. All we've heard is that he wants a deal similar to the one given to Ellis.

4. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Can we afford to pay any FAs?

5. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I loved watching Abe. He made an impact when he was on. But he isn't a team player, and Mangini won't stand for that. Plus, I think it's all about the money with him. I think he'll get fat and happy with a big contract when he has nothing to prove. And, in the back of my mind, I still can't forgive him for the Oakland game in 2001 and the Chargers/Steelers games in 2005.

6. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

If they blow up the Oline like everyone says, you'll have a '95-'96 to look foward to the next couple of seasons. I'm just wondering if that will build a culture of losing and disinterest from the players on the roster that might destroy the Mangini era.

7. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Did you see how HORRIBLE our offensive line was last season? This HAS to happen. I've been dreaming for the release of Fabini for 2 years now. FINALLY! Thank you Eric!

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The OL prior to the moves is a 95-96 season waiting to happen. They simply are to old and small to compete any more. If we can get in some young road grader types along with a young dynamic back we may be able to establish a running game while the OL develops pass blocking technique. Right now our OL doesn't have the size or the speed anymore to run or pass block.

With a couple of moves on D we might have a decent team. Standing pat on the OL would have guaranteed 2 to 5 wins for the next 2 or 3 years. At least now we have a fighting chance to bring in some talent.

9. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Theres no way I'd stand pat on the Oline, but I'd like to address it in the year's draft. Keep Mawae and Kendall and give the young guys a chance to work into it.

10. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Thank god for small favors that you aren't the GM :wink: :grin: