The "I love Brooks thread"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsman5137, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Dakotaphobia. . . hehe. . .

I'm good with keeping South Dakota, but do we really need a North Dakota. I mean, they brought us Fargo, but what else? I'd trade North Dakota for Nova Scotia tomorrow.

2. Jetsman5137

Jetsman5137 New Member

Both picked in round 6. Theyre both hardworking guys that overachieve. Brady was able to go in and start winning games immediately, I dont think Brooks can do that yet, but if he learned mangini's system and kept working, in a few years he could get to Bradys level. Remember Brady's first year wasnt phenominal, his stats were mediocre, but when he needed to get the yards, he did.

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Brooks' stats were comparable to the majority of rookie QBs (and I'm counting him as a rookie because it was his first proper action). If he'd been a first-round pick people would be expecting him to build on a solid start and become a team leader. Because he is a sixth-round pick he isn't likely to get a chance to show if he can improve.

So many people think they have seen everything this guy has to offer, but how good was Elway in his first season? How good was Eli Manning? Troy Aikman?

Before someone jumps on me, I'm not saying Brooks is as good as John Elway, but he is better than he showed last season - most players in the NFL are better in their second season as a starter than their first. And I'll say it again, his stats weren't bad last year and he was dealing with a coaching staff that had zero confidence in him (see the Baltimore game).

Remember also that he had some horrendous drops that would have been TDs (that perfect strike to McCareins springs to mind). Against the Saints he had a great day (28-19 67.9% 251yds 1TD 0INT 107.9 rating) and did enough to win the game, but Nuge missed a field goal at the end.

It means nothing, of course, but I like the kid and would love to see him stick around - the Jets should keep four QBs this year with the uncertainty about Chad.

4. Jetsman5137

Jetsman5137 New Member

Remember in that preseason game Brooks threw like 3 TDs in like 7mins to win. I dont remember who it was against. I know its preseason, but 3 TDs that quickly is awesome.

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Except for that pesky little detail about his Superbowl ring and MVP trophy.

Yeah, I guess they're kind of close. :rolleyes:

6. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

Bollinger has a heart attack once a game I've noticed. Remember once a game he'll snap the ball and immediately fall on the ground. I'd be watching the game with my family and say, "Oh heart attacks again

7. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I know that I'm in the minority here but I think that we will keep 4 QB's on the roster this season. Pennington is an injury waiting to happen. If (when?) he goes down, who will be our #3? As of right now, Pennington hasn't proven that he has recovered from his surgery. It might be all over before it begins. That said, I have this strange feeling that both Pennington and Ramsey will be gone by next season (both with a March bonus) and that we will keep Bollinger as our #2. The reason being is that he is a lot less expensive (cap wise) than those two. Though I have questions about him as a starter, I have no problems with him comming off the bench in case of an emergency. Only time will tell if I'm right about any of this.

8. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

where does this love for Brooks come from, because he completed a few passes in garbage throw away games