The Gospel of Saint Chad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Darth Vader, Jun 22, 2006.

1. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I like Brooks too!

2. azjet

azjet New Member

Blackbird writes, "The second fact is that Kellen Clemens is the real deal. He is the future of the franchise, who probably could, while not ideal, start this year. This fact is of similar, though not equal import, as the fact of Chad's arm."

How has this "fact" been proven? A rookie out of a smallish Pac-10 school is gonna drop into the AFC East and without seasoning or snaps will carry the Jets past Pittsghurgh, NE and all the rest to the promised land. You write like a Homeric poet, all the time forgetting that the "Illiad" and the tales of brave heros were written after the fact, not as a prediction. Let Chad or Kellen or Bollinger bring back the "Golden Fleece" or defeat Medusa before you write odes to their glory. Being Homer or "a homer" is a double edged sword.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'At The Mountains Of Madness' or 'The Meadowlands Horror' - either one works. Hehehe. For those of you up on your reading. For the less hip, there's always 'See Spot Run'. Wait, that's our RB.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You can hope and it can turn out okay.

5. jetophile

What is it with Henry V around this joint?!

6. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

1. the "fact" comes from the horses' mouths themselves, as well as other observers of his performance. Mangini has praised Clemens for having "it" and saying he could be playing sooner than thought.. Schottenheimer has stated that KC has been impressive. Here watch this: http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/demand/s2006/nfln-ta/off/jets_minicamp_report_300k.rm&rpcontexturl=http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass/includes/promo&rpcontextwidth=417&rpcontextheight=250

Regardless, it was obvious that my piece was an op-ed, as in opinion-editorial. The facts however remain the same. One of those facts is that Kellen is a real human being, a male, with two arms and two legs, and in fact, a football player. We can further establish the "facts" on Kellen if the preceding facts aren't enough for you, with his credentials. But we can skip over all the credentials except the one that indicates he was a 2nd round draft pick of the NY Jets, who passed over all other QBs in the draft to select Kellen. These are facts. That is reality. And now lets also establish that Kellen performed as good, if not better than all QBs at Mini-camp. Throw in also that because of Rookie camp, he has the most experience in the offense of all the QBs. And he has equal experience running the first-team operation. The only thing that reduces my statement on kellen Clemens, that he is the real deal, and that he could start this year if asked to, would be a fictional scenario where he is pine-desk. But he's not. He's a QB on the NYJ, and he very well could find his way into the starting lineup this fall or winter. While IMO not ideal, mark it down nonetheless.

2. I didn't say lead us to the SB, nor did I even say KC would lead us past NE, Pittsburgh or the like. I said, and I quote, "He is the future of the franchise, who probably could, while not ideal, start this year."

3. Homer wrote the Oddyssy. not the Illiad.

#86 Darth Vader, Jun 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  7. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Homer wrote both.

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

i believe in the 8th century about the taking of troy no???either way i also findblackbird to be more into a writing style than actual football stuff...i thought the people who responded to this post by saying it was aterrific post were way way way over rating the post....but who cares either way...nice post blackbird....but yu cant say KC is the future because the jets drafted him ....what the hell does that mean????????

9. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

oh, yeah. see, i know nothing about literature.

10. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

you didn't read the post then if you are questioning my expansive football acumen...:rofl:

11. jonnyd

way mor eimpressed with the writing style than the football knowledge

12. jetophile

I see that. Hehehe.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:rofl:

Me too!

14. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

what did johnny do to get banned anyway?

15. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

I don't know. I'll sure miss his avatar though.

16. jetophile

It was Performance Art.

17. Vic

Vic Member

Sorry for going off topic but gnamnito blackbird, whats the name of the painting in your avatar and who's the artist?

18. JAMESDEARTH

JAMESDEARTH Member

a pubescent OC?

#98 JAMESDEARTH, Jul 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2005
  19. jonnyd

i called rebel mike an ass-clown.....ive paid my debt to society and im back...avatar and all

20. Penning-10

Penning-10 New Member

This had to be bumped.