The Gospel of Saint Chad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Darth Vader, Jun 22, 2006.

1. WayneChrebet

WayneChrebet New Member

gnamnito blackbird,

as an avid Jets fan and a strong Chad supporter...I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to write such a concise and pointed post.

It has only strengthened my fire of hope for Chad's victorious return to the helm.

2. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

Uh. So his mere presence brings us to victory? It doesn;t matter how hard he can throw?

I'm speechless.

3. parafly

parafly New Member

His presence has brought us victories in the past. Throwing "hard" is only one variable in a large equation for success.

4. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

he did have 16 TDs the year Curtis ran for @ 1700 yards and 12 TDs. and throw in Lamonts 3 or 4.

but its true. I really think it was just as much to do with Herm's philosophy of "You play to kick the field goal" as much as Pennington.

5. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

So is staying healthy and actually playing.

6. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

that's a generalization. it does matter how hard he can throw. he needs to be able to make all of the throws. but it is most important that he be able to manage the game.

the point is that if he has the arm, he is the perfect leader for this team. He will give the season meaning.

What do you live for? What do you play for? Is it always yourself?

When a when a team is playing for something higher than the parts, for an idea, for a reason, it absorbs the player into its collective energy. The Team becomes energies, acting in concert, with one mission, with determination, purpose, zeal, without fear.

I'm telling you. If the coaches play this right, The Jets will have Roy Hobbs commanding the Huddle. It will be great to watchj this guy.

7. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

thanks Wayne. Appreciate it, but it's my pleasure.

And call me blackbird. it rolls off the tongue easier.

8. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

My problem with this assumption is that you guys make it sound like we win if he merely shows up. This is the extent to which this blind love for Chad has grown. My argument is that he simply is not that good enough to bring this team to victory alone.He has very little big play capability.

9. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

you may be right. My open assumption is that he will be healthy. that is the assumption of the article.

But I clearly say that such and such should transpire only if he is at least 85% of the OLD chad.

If he is less than that, I want to see Kellen. I want a winner. Chad is gonna bring the fight. The guys will fight for this guy. His mission would give the team purpose and reason beyond its wildest dreams to play hard, to play beyond its abilities, and to fight until victory.

That is what I want to see. Plus, I think this team , franchise and Chad himself has unfinished business. I don't think last year was sincere. It was just so fluky.

Come on -- 40 year old Vinny and BB were our QB's!!!!!!
    Barton, Martin, Mawae, Fiedler, Pennington on and on all out!!!

What a laugher. Last year was not serious. This year it is a different tune.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

its a nice read...youre obviously the artsy type...i can see myself hearing that post as i sip on a mocca-latte in some underground coffee house/poetry reading facility in the west village.....very romantic and pleasing to the ears....but as far as in a football sense..its pure bullshit....and i dont say that to ridicule or undermine what youre trying to do , i say that because its a brand new team....a lot of the guys we're going to be counting on to get us going in the right direction havent really played with chad...so they arent going to be inspired by his mere presence...more like.."oh thats the guy thats always waving the towel on tv"...as far as his throws being so beautiful and the receiver can just run his pattern full speed and wait for the ball to gracefully fall into his hands....true..as long as his pattern is 9 yards long.....nice read.but nonsense...that ones for you champ.....now what the hell is SLW?

11. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

that's pretty funnny when I read it. but let me ask you: have you ever played organized ball? been absorbed into something greater than yourself? its the thing that bellichek is selling in Foxboro. "Team". The thing greater than your "self".

The problem with your logic is simple: you declare that the this is a new team, and Chad is in the past. However, your evidence is that Chad waving the towel. That's the past bro. Chad is on the field, and all of the QB's have to defeat one another in order claim the starting role. That means that they also have to beat out Chad Pennington. The guy on the field, with the helmet on. Not the guy with the cast and towel.

There is little relevance of old and new. There is only the now. And Chad is here, now. The old I mention is for sentimental reasons. People recall the past in order to evoke what should not be forgotten. Why is that relevent? because Chad Pennington is on the team now. And he is the likely starter in 2006.

(I do take offense to "artsy" BTW.) :up:

12. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

A healthy Chad is electric. Simple as that. We all remember 2003, when the season was in the shitter and Chad led the jets on that improbable run. Hope is a dangerous word when your a Jets fan, but here's hopin Chad can somehow pull off an insane comeback and bring this team to at least some respectibility next year.

13. jonnyd

im with ya there dude....whoever wins the job hopefully the team will be behind him and inspired by him.....i happen to think that chad isnt going to truly make it back...how you can sit there and proclaim "chad is back" i think is way too optimistic if not naive and its also a bit romantic......and why would you take offense to being called artsy?art is good...artsy has that quality...sorry ifg i offended you:beer:

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sending you a PM

15. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

artsy is kinda gay and lame, like art is, generally speaking. but we're all good. I was just kidding kinda.

but on to other things -- you're only looking at it stylistically.

what about the rationale I provide for why the Chad as #1 and KC as #2?

#1 -- Chad symbolizes, and bestows meaning, a directive, a cause to the rest of team. I've been there, done that. Gone through hell, here's the scar. Follow me.

#2 -- Mangini and Co. are wet behind the ears. They REQUIRE a strong presence in the huddle, one with experience, and poise, -- and especially mastery. A veteran controlling the O is an immeasureable asset to them, at this juncture.

Can you imagine: GM -- Mike Tannenbaum, first year, never GM'd before, previous job: Consultant for Jets. HC, Mangini, first year, never HC'd before, previous job: one year as DC, one as CB coach, many as ball boy. DC, Sutton, first year, never DC'd before, previous job: LB coach. OC, Schottenheimer, first year, never called plays before, previous job: QB coach. QB, Kellen Clemens, rookie, never QB's in NFL before - especially not in NY, never played more than 11 games in one year, grew up on a farm, previous job: college student.
    That sounds liuke a disaster waiting to happen.

#3 -- Chad mentoring Kellen. kellen adjusts as Chad gets a shot to resurrect himself.

#4 -- two QB's are better than one. Especially if CP is a trade commodity after this year.

16. championjets69

Hopefully your blind love allows you to fathom why we drafted KC. It certainly was not to carry a clipboard the whole game for years now is it? That means the managemnet has very little faith also in CP. All players desire is someone that they feel will get them to the promised land. Cause of CPs past I actually think he no longer commands the so called it that you are talking about cause the players are afraid that he will get reinjured again. I can give you a whole litany of things that are negatives to CP but I really do not think you will catch them so you are better off keeping your love affair flaming hi with CP & dream on.

17. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

come again?

I said Chad should start this year, and Kellen is the future. If Chad wins the starting role, he starts. End of story. If he starts, and plays well, the team will follow him. Are you following the logic?

Do you think Dan Marino started the opening game in 1983?

QBs normally do not start their rookie years. Especially not opening day.

18. championjets69

Well you do realize that if CP cannot beat out CR, Bolly & a rookie then we are in doo doo up to our eyeballs. Now if you brought in some fireballs maybe then the supposed tussle for the job would be fairer but the way the CS structured it they are I guess keeping there finger crossed that CP will be able to get the ball D/field.

19. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

you do realize that all the info coming out of TC showed that Ramsey had a piss-poor outing, and even had a mental breakdown. right?

its down to CP and KC. Those are the two options.

if KC beats out CP, then so be it. But that would have to mean that CP just isn't healthy. Because he's a good QB when healthy. KC will never start over a healthy CP, and I gave some pretty good reasons for that.

Rock on.

20. jonnyd

my big point in this whole thing is two-fold...and im kinda leaning with champ on this one.....1)first and foremost i dont think chad will be healthy....i know he looked good the other day in TC,but honestly blackbird that holds as much water as my belly button...its waaaaaaaaay early to see whos lookin good and whos not....you cant write ramsey off because for 3 days in june he looked lost.....so theres still 3 viable candidates(or 4 if u count bolly...who i think has no shot)2)heres the real heart of the matter and its what champ just touched on.....we already saw at the end of last year the clubhouse started turning on chad...speculation as to who was sayin shit...we all agree mawae was one and hes gone...maybe kendall the other and he is still there...either way your impression that all chad needs to do is step in the huddle and everyone will rally around him may be a bit presumptive.....much like hermies ra ra speeches began to fall on deaf ears...the whole "chad's our leader" mentality may not be so prevailing anymore either...fair or unfair.....i honestly dont think chad brings the intangibles you think he does...furthermore he might actually bring negativity to the huddle in the sense that if everyone thinks this guy is fragile and hes sure to get hurt sooner or later they may not want him as the leader at all.....i do agree that it benefits a young qb to sit on the bench his first year though....so maybe the best thing for the team is ramsey gets his act together and plays while KC learns