The Good, the BAD, and the UGLY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Aug 26, 2006.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I called Barlow a turd. The reason is because of his mouth, primarilly. His mouth got him traded, after ripping into his team mates, coaches FO, the press, etc, and what does he do as soon as he gets to NY? He repeats these same mistakes immediately. The guy has learned nothing from his mistakes.

That fumble was inexcusable. He's gotten plenty of handoffs in practice this week. On Wednesday I saw him get at least 25, with Mangini holding his hand the whole time. Sorry, that fumble can't be written off as just because he's learning a new offense.... this guy is no rookie. The ball wasn't even touched bu the Giants...it just popped out because he wasn't carrying the ball correctly... fundamental stuff on a straight ahead plain vanilla dive play.

For a guy that has a history of publically blaming everyone but himself for his failures, this is NOT a good start. Let's see who he blames for his failure to protect the ball, or if he has grown up a little, and takes the responsibility on his own shoulders. That would be a good start.

2. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

OK, if you want to get technical, JEL is spelled JELL, ha ha..and GEL is just as appropriate:

Roget's New Millennium? Thesaurus - Cite This Source new!
    Main Entry: jell
    Part of Speech: verb
    Definition: coagulate
    Synonyms: clot, cohere, come together, condense, congeal, crystallize, finalize, form, freeze, gel, gelate, gelatinize, harden, jellify, jelly, materialize, set, solidify, stick, stiffen, take shape, thicken
    Source: Roget's New Millennium? Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.3.1)
    Copyright ? 2006 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Also, did it ever occur to you that the OC is workig with Chad to break him slowly after having 2 MAJOR shoulder surgeries? After what Herm did with Chad by having him throw too soon too often, woulldn't you think that Chad would like to be a bit more carefull this around?

3. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Dead wrong? I don't think so. Our punter hit every punt at the 11 yard point yesterday. Every single one quarters 1-3. I didn't watch much of the 4th so I can't speak of the fourth.

Blaylock is not a good short yardage option, I'd agree, but Houston went in the 6th based on talent mostly. Trust me, the Jets doctors are not the only miracle workers out there about to fix a thyroid problem.

Am I impressed with Barlow? Nope. Am I ready to write him off? Nope.

You thought I was disrespectful? wow.. sorry dude. I just disagreed. You're the one that gets his nuts in a knot when challenged.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

no dude, that never occured to me becauase he threw the same passes before the injuries!!!! why wont you people understand that the entire nfl knows exactly what chad cannot do and they defend it accordingly.....about the jel or jell or gel thing...nice job

#44 jonnyd, Aug 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2005
  5. ThunderbirdJet

You need some glasses. The point at which the punter foot contacts the ball is Exactly, EAXACTLY at NINE yards behind the LOS. I can't believe how you hold onto this... mistaken "opinion" of yours. You have serious ego issues. Just admit you were wrong for once, but I really don't think you are capable of it. Did I say you were disrespectful? No.... bit there isn't any respect when you disagree with me... there is a differnce... you are confrontional and overly critical. And sometimes.... you are DEAD wrong, but like Chump, can never admit it. Heck, even Barlow admitted his mistake, and he's pretty ego-centric. It's NINE yards... I TiVO'd ot for the past two weeks... it's NINE yards. EVERY time. It's not gonna change to make you right, either.

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Watch the tape. I just did. He drops back 13 yards, and kicks within 2 strides. 11, unless he's sasquatch and takes 2 yd strides.

Frankly, however, who gives a shit? It wasn't even brought up in this thread until you started sprouting your nonsense about how you aren't respected. Respect is earned. What I see is the typical TGG.com snap judgements. The sad thing is, when you actually take the time to analyze some things you make good observations. However, you'd rather sprout off when challenged to back up your opinions, instead of presenting facts. That's not how a good debate is made. The possibility of a good debate is the WHOLE APPEAL of this board. The sad thing is, most are not capable. I thought you were, but you'd rather mouth off.

Graham punted well last night too, which is funny that this came up.

If anyone is disrespectful it's you. You can't take being challenged, and it's pathetic. Don't even bother replying, I put you on ignore. It's not worth your BS anymore, as it's mostly non-productive. I'm tired of being called disrespectful ("no respect" = disrespectful) when your responses are always nasty. When I'm wrong, I can admit it.

On the Barlow front.. you made a judgement after watching him play 8 snaps. How the hell can I respect that? It may be right, or it may be wrong, but it's too hasty after 8 snaps.

#46 JetsIn2004, Aug 26, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  7. talbain

talbain New Member

um, it didn't look like that fg attempt came anywhere near the upright. it looked a good 5 yards short to me...

8. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

The commentators said it hit the upright, and it looked like it did to me, but I see your point because it hit 5 yds in the endzone.

Randy Lange in his article today supports the upright theory:

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTY5ODE2NTYmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

9. talbain

talbain New Member

i know that's what they said but i don't know man... i'm watching again right now in crystal clear hd in super slo mo and it doesn't look to me like it ever hit the upright...

i suppose we can give him the benefit of the doubt...

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

No, it hit. I saw a replay of the kick from the camera angle from behind the goalpost where the kick is coming at you and it definitely hit the upright.

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Houston fell a bit in the draft because of his injury history.

There's no question he has the talent though. We saw last season and at times in this preseason that he runs very hard and always seems to pick up a couple of extra yards. He definatley has a good burst and I only remember him fumbling twice... Once this preseason and once last year.

The guy played very well last year considering the offensive line and QB situation last season. Not to mention he was thrown into action early. How many 6th round rookie RBs are depended on to start?

Is he the best RB on the team? Possibly.
    I don't know see why you think it's such an absurd idea.

12. ThunderbirdJet

You put me on ignore? That's pefect! I, unlike you, can admit when I'm wrong about sonething.... as I did in this very thread about the Nugent FG attempt in what, post 3 or 4? When I'm wrong about something (and ANYONE who posts a lot WILL be wrong on occassion) I admit it, but even AFTER I admitted I might have been mistaken on the Nugent FG attempt, you still called me on the carpet about it.

You also failed to read WHY I called Barlow a turd, and it wasn't based on 8 snaps. You just have some sort of ego issue with me, pal. Either that or you are an imbecile... and I'm pretty sure you aren't an imbecile.

Put me on ignore.... that's fine. I'll still be here to tell you when you get something wrong. I know that strikes fear and loathing in your heart. See, I know I'm fallable. You have yet to learn you can be wrong, grasshopper. :drunk: on yer own shtick. :smile:

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I just watched it 3 times and if you follow the natural arc of the ball it is completely obvious to me that it hit the upright a third of the way up.

14. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Cannot really buy that. He has had 4 WEEKS of practice to get over "rustiness". He is not anywhere close to the Pennington of old. He never had a big arm, but he had great timing and accuracy and threw a very very good midrange ball. He has shown none of that. It seems obvious he is going to be the starter for a while, but he does not bring half of the old Penny to the table. I am not a negative fan either, I think we will improve consistently and be much better than people expect. I just do not see it in Pennington anymore.

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

really....how about i make public the time you ignored me when you were wrong about when i sent you the PM that said i was attacking you when i wasnt...then i sent you the PM asking you to prove when and where it i attacked you...and you ignored me...you are so full of crap its ridiculous...do i need to paste my pm followed by the post you thought i was attacking you in??

im sorry tbj but you cant admit shit when you are wrong...

and you do get your nuts in a knot way too much

16. ThunderbirdJet

You have been banned, right? I'll tell you what happened there.... you used to sign your posts with tbj. That wasn't obvious. I took that as a direct reference to me. Once I saw not one, but two PM's whining to me.... I decided to blow you off. You were busy blaming everyone and their brother for your banning... and now, you harbor a resentment towards me. One that is now what, two, three weeks old? I don't have the time or motivation to deal with the likes of you. I won't answer any future PM's from you either. There.... you have your answer. Paste whatever you want..... I could care less.

PS: Fact... looka this reply in this very thread....

Post 3:
    If that is correct, I take it back.... I thought is was like 12 yards short. they never replayed it, and these two announcers... Eagle and Buttle.... thank God they don't do regular season games. I'll watch the game again tomorrow.

And take a look at this one:

I should have read your post more thoroughly. On rereading it, you make some good points.

I thought DRob held ground pretty well last night... I have it TIVO'd, I'll look at it again.

I made a mistake on Nugent's FG attempt my self... I thought it was short, but it hit the goalpost, but it was a 49 yard attempt, not a 40. It would have been nice if they had showed a replay... what was up with that? And the announcers never said it hit the goal post either... poor job.

The reason the coverage teams are all over the KO returners is because Nugent gets reall good hang times... I think your critisisms of Nugent were off the mark. Graham's ahng times a really excellent... makes it much easier on the coverage teams.
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=10421 Post number 15.

So, just ine the last 24 hours, I admitted to two mistakes.... but you say I never do? Take a long walk off a short pier.

#56 ThunderbirdJet, Aug 27, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i got banned for posting a retarded picture with the special olympics ang such...i was talking to Bammf and you got in the middle....reason you dont respond to PM's is b/c you know your screwed...you have nothing to base why you got up in my face

i used to sign my posts tj...there is no b in there..so there....u want me to cut and paste...EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION!!! GIVE ME 10 MINUTES SO WE CAN ALL SEE WHAT A STANDUP GUY AND HOW GOOD TBJ IS WILLING TO ADMIT WHEN HE IS WRONG

18. ThunderbirdJet

Yes, I admit I thought that your old "sign off" was directed at me. First, I didn't like your attack on bammf, who is a poster I have much respect for, and thought your attack on him was very bad judgment, and yes, I sounded off. I would have replied to your first PM, but sending a second.... well, I figured you have issues, and it would be better to ignore you than feed your hostility. It had all the earmarks of a sustained fued, which happened anyway, and was from my end, easy to see coming. I was right, but ignoring you didn't make you go away, did it?

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Just a breifing...ThunderbirdJet had some beef with me in a thread because he thought i said something about him...he was very upset and took it out on me...you will see that i never once mentioned his name and he to this day will not admit that i didnt attack him...very stubborn if you ask me...HOWEVER he has the nerve to say he can admit when he is wrong...read on if you are curious to see how willing he is to admit when he is wrong...ill make this quick...i have a game of madden to play tonite...

Apologetic if you ask me? even though i never said a word about him

Now wasnt he nice...HERES WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING....

2 weeks later...still no response...i wonder why???? well here is the reason....read the following post carefully and tell me if you see a tbj in there...shows how much class this guy really has...telling us all he can admit when he is wrong and then denying that he was in the wrong accusing me of talking crap to him I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE ABLE TO ADMIT WHEN YOUR WRONG?
    and the truth comes out...nice try attempting to edit your post...real smooth attempting to make it look like you can admit when you wrong...but you obviously dont...so dont you even dare tell Jetsin2004 that you can admit when you are wrong because you cant...grow up and get over yourself...

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

too bad buddy....dont piss me off when you know you arent right...you shouldnt have tempted me but apparently you have so much pride that you had to make it look like you were gonna stand me down....

2 weeks later...still no apology...i was sorry for something i didnt do(see first PM in post above)...can you be sorry for treating me like shit for nothing?