The Good, the BAD, and the UGLY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Aug 26, 2006.

1. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

decent point but i think you need to learn how to use the quote button

2. Gator

Gator Active Member

Eli has different problems than Chad, but his can be straightened out. He zips passes over to the sideline. Any throw that Chad has to make that has to stay the same height off the ground the whole way to the receiver is a problem, meaning he can't ever throw it late. He can't improvise. Every throw like that has to be a timing pattern for him. How are you going to win tough games when your QB can't run around a little and make a play?

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah the old apple does not fall far from the tree theroy which I also subscribe to. I smiled when I saw your post.

#23 championjets69, Aug 26, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Yeah, that 3 for 11 passing against the Giants' backups was really impressive. He was throwing a lot of shorter stuff too, so I'm not convinced yet that the "dink & dunk" is because of Pennington. Every QB who has played this preseason has done it.

5. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Being at last nights game I saw ONE thing that made my eyes bleed....

While Chad was in the game there were 5, yes 5, plays where we had a WR even go 20+ yards down field. 2 of them were on receptions to McCairns and Coles, the other was Coles clearing out a zone when Dressel caught the 8 yard out after McCarins 40 yard reception.

What kind of Offense is that???? You can not blame it on Chad's arm. He is throwing 5 yard outs that go 25 yars in the air so that would obviously mean he can get the ball 20 yards DOWNFIELD.

Because of this offense the Giants had 10 men within 10 yards of the LOS on just ablut every play. To MOVE the offense you have to go verticle not horizontal and I do not mean 45 yards down field. BUt how about 10 to 15 yards down field between the #'s. Anyone want to take a gues how many balls Chad completed between the #'s last night..... 4 ONLY 4.

Another thing. 3rd and Nine and 3rd and 15 and NOT ONE NYJ player was past the first down marker....ask anyone in Sec 302 row 20 and 21 we all were in agreement.

One last thiing. Where the hell are out TE's. I mean Baker has to stay in the backfield to block (that's another rant for another day) but for the love of God our TE's are all 240 + and they are not used in the middle of the field ???

Schotty better get his head out of his A**. I was thoroughly DISGUSTEED by his paly calling.

Blaming Chad is STUPID. How do you mopve a teram when all your plays are out patters with nothing verticle. OR How do you complete a pass when the D has 11 guys within 10 yards of the LOS.

Later -

6. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Can you EVER just respectfully disagree with me? Like the way you went of on how far behing the LOS the punter is when his foot contacts the ball? When you were dead wrong?

Barlow? He makes national news by calling his old HC Hitler, and fumbles on his first carry? All within less than a week? Are we supposed to be impressed?

The FG.... read my follow up post where someone had told me it hit the upright... I said I was wrong. You might try that sometime.

Yeah, Houston was taken in the 6th round.... mostly because of the thyroid thing. And I said "Maybe" the best all around back on the team. He hasn't had much chance to prove it one way or the other. As someone mentioned... Blaylock on a third and one? He's the worst short yardage back on the roster.

7. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

hahahaha, i remember that arguement, i was laughing out loud

8. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

another positive i think was that vilma had 9 tackles in i think about 2 and a half quarters,

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i won't be surprised in the slightest if Pennington is yanked at some point mid-season.

Mangini is very adamant about finishing drives, and Pennington just can't seem to put up points. it doesn't matter what his numbers are: 10-15, 18-20 -- i couldn't care less because he's not scoring and therefore we'll never win.

i feel bad for our D. they're in for another long season.

cheers

10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The GOOD: Finishing the game without any major setbacks as far as injuries go.

The BAD

Posts like those above I have read that show how much Jets fans are in being patient enough to understand what pre-season football is all about.
    Mangini has to know which players that are on the bubble are the ones that will stay and ones that will go. Cedric Houston didn't play because Mangini knows what he can do....DUH!!! Same goes for Brooks B.!!

About CP: Holly Molly, give this guy a break. Coming back from 2 major shoulder surgeries and playing all of 1 quarter against Tampa, what can you expect?? He has to show some rustiness. He definately has some zip on the ball, from the plays I have witnessed. He looks just like the Penningon of old, as far as I'm concerned. And if that is so, I'll take it over what is available on the bench. Clemens has potential, but that is all he can offer at this juncture. Mangini knows his best chance of winning is with CP at this time....better believe it!

11. ThunderbirdJet

Bollinger has had plenty of reps this preseason... Houston hasn't. I just want to see Houston get a chance to show what he can do in a live game situation. Mangini hasn't really given him that chance to compete in the preseason.... his reps have been very limited. That goes back to the game Houston failed to pick up a blitz, and Pennington got whacked, but all of these RB's have been pretty poor at picking up the blitz.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'm not football expert, so all this could very well be right and Chad will never have a chance. But before I concede any such notion, I would like to see a little more football played. I would like to see a bit more of the running game improve, the OL finally come together and play solidly. I think it is still too soon for everyone to hop on Mr NyJets egg smashing wagon fest of pun.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Maybe he has shown EM very little during practices?

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

Here's the problem. Everyone keeps saying rebuilding. How did Cincinatti rebuild? They were the same Cincinatti, maybe a little better when Kitna had that OK year. All of a sudden they put Palmer in there with a lot of the same players and they are scoring 30+ points a game. Consider, the Jets play Indy in week 4. Wherever Indy plays in the regular season, you are going to need 30 points to beat them. Home, road..........on Mars they can score 30 points. Does Chad look like he can lead 3 TD and 3 FG drives in the 24+- minutes the Jets have the ball every game. ? Ever? I haven't seen it. Some get excited because he made a nice throw to JMac. One nice throw in 1 1/2 games? To score 30 points you need several nice throws per drive. I read a good post above how the Jets don't do anything downfield and it's so true. Coles is our # 1 receiver. I don't see other teams #1 receiver making 2,3 and 4 yard catches. I see them make 12 and 22 yard catches, then I see some incomplete passes to them where it could have been a 12 or 22 yard catch. Coles either takes two steps to the left, right, forward or backwards, catches the ball, and tries to get an angle and maybe stiff arm the guy for a 7 yard gain at best. It's rididulous.

Maybe Chad should hit the weights or make call to Balco.....from a pay phone.

15. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

So how did Graham go?

16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

People here need to get a grip on what is transpiring with this team and realize the the word TEAM really does apply to an NFL group of 11 on one field. The OL needs more time to GEL - 2 rookies and a new player (Clements)
    + raw TE's. One RB that just arrived ( Barlow) one that has had very few reps since coming back from injuries last year ( Blaylock) and a FB that has very rarely been used ( Askew) enough to figure what he is capable of.
    A QB coming back from 2 MAJOR shoulder surgeries and playing all of one quarter against Tampa 2 weeks ago.....hey guys this is not rocket science here. You come back into a game facing 11 gorillas just siliving at the mouth anxious to tear you limb from limb, with a GREEN OL in front of you, what would you do? Doesn't matter how good or bad your WRs are if you can't be given the time to throw. I for one am amazed of the courage CP has displayed so far. He's on eggshells for the moment....give the team some time to get their act together. ALSO, give the GIANTS D some credit where due. They are a very formidable group.

17. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

That was me, 10am his time. Sounds pretty damn horrible...

18. ThunderbirdJet

Graham had a good game... there were two punts that were real rain makers. He only had one that was a little shaky. There was another (33 yards) that should have been downed at the Giants 2 yard line, but Brad Smith let his foot touch the goal line when he downed it, resulting in a touch back instead. He had a 51 yarder, and a 56 and a 58.... add NINE yards to that distance, and that's how far it went in the air. He had one that wasn't so good a 36 yarder... he also had punts of 45, 49 and 41.

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

two things that annoy me...the constant use of the word GEL on this board when its spelled Jel hahahaha and the serious one.....people thinking the reason chad throws only 5 yard passes is because the OC is too conservative, whoever it may be. The OC calls those plays because thats all chad can throw!!!!!!!!hackett, heimerdinger and now schott love the dink and dunk I guess huh????NO!!!!!!!!!! they are calling plays that suit Chad and his noodle arm....who posted earlier that chad has zip but his passes float? yeah that makes sense......keep wearing those rose colored glasses guys

20. curtisstaysforever28

ya we are gonna suck. everyone here is talkin like starting chad, bolly, ramsey, or kellen is going to determine whether or not we make the playoffs. well thats what it seems to me...which is most certainly not the case.

and for anyone that sed this...u cant say that barlow sucks already. he played 7-8 plays with a NEW OFFENSE!!! he had to learn all of our plays in idk maybe a week. give the guy a freakin break. i'm not saying he will be amazing, i'm just saying give it alittle time.